TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Peterson Woods Park

Well I decided to post a new park here called Peterson Woods Park, opened in 1973. The park features a wide variety of coasters. I did include some custom rides like those from AmazingEarl. I also included some already installed layouts, like the log flume and car ride, but all of my coasters were original designs. Right now I will focus on the coasters and give details about each one.

SCR1.BMP

The park layout.

SCR2.BMP

The Patriot. Opened with the park and built by Philadelphia Toboggan Company and design by the great John Allen. Feature two PTC trains with three 6-seat cars per train.

SCR3.BMP

The Patriot has an out and back layout with airtime galore.

SCR4.BMP

Crazy Mine Coaster opened in 1974. It was built by Arrow and was the first family-based coaster at the park. It opened in the new Frontier Ville area of the park.

SCR5.BMP

Some of the themed layout. The red track is for the coaster Dream Flight (more on that later).

SCR6.BMP

In 1977, Arrow returned with Corkscrew, giving the park its first coaster with inversions. Later in 1979, they added the Anton Schwarzkopf creation Lightning Bolt, a shuttle looping coaster which is now defunct. We will get to its replacement later.

SCR7.BMP

Another view of Corkscrew.

SCR8.BMP

In 1982, Arrow came back again and added an even bigger coaster, Looping Streak, the largest coaster at the park, thus far. It features four inversions.

SCR9.BMP

Two of those inversions are interlocking loops.

SCR10.BMP

The other two inversions are in this batwing element.

SCR11.BMP

In 1985, Hopkins Rides added the aptly-named Family Coaster. It's not as intense as Crazy Mine Coaster, but features a lot of helices.

SCR12.BMP

Another view of Family Coaster.

SCR13.BMP

In 1989, Mack Rides stepped in and added Alpine Run, a bobsled coaster. It was a hit out of the gate.

SCR14.BMP

Another view of most of the layout of Alpine Run.

SCR15.BMP

In 1997, Bolliger and Mabillard came in and added the park's biggest coaster at the time, Silver Eagle, and inverted coaster with four inversions.

SCR16.BMP

The largest inversion is this vertical loop, then followed by a barrel roll...

SCR17.BMP

...then another smaller vertical loop which is followed by a trims and then the final inversion, a flat spin.

SCR18.BMP

In 1998, to appeal to those who weren't old or tall enough to ride on Silver Eagle, Peterson Woods brought in Vekoma and they added a custom Family Suspended Coaster, and named it Silver Eagle, Jr., and placed it across from its bigger namesake.

SCR19.BMP

In 2003, Bolliger and Mabillard returned and added Gigantor, a hyper coaster over 200 ft. tall. It became Peterson Woods's most popular coaster. The yellow track belongs to Striker! (Opened in 2005), a Premier launched coaster with two inversions; an Immelmann and a Dive Loop on each end, which replaced the a fore-mentioned Lightning Bolt, even using its station.

SCR20.BMP

Gigantor's dog leg runs alongside The Patriot, another out and back coaster.

SCR21.BMP

In 2007, Peterson Woods added their second wooden coaster, Bronco, built by Great Coaster International. (BTW, this was my favorite coaster that I built for this park) As standard with GCI coasters, it features a twisted layout. It also features two Millennium Flyer trains.

SCR22.BMP

More of Bronco's twisted layout.

SCR23.BMP

In 2011, Bolliger and Mabillard returned with the floorless coaster, Kain. It also features an inversion right out of the station known as the "Jojo Roll".

SCR24.BMP

All of Kain's layout. Even the queue is themed.

SCR25.BMP

2013 brought Bolliger and Mabillard back with a Dive Machine, aptly named The Plunge. (This one was inspired by Oblivion at Alton Towers). The track dives into a tunnel.

SCR26.BMP

Another view of The Plunge.

SCR27.BMP

In 2015, Intamin added the Giga coaster, Dream Flight, the parks most intense coaster. Standing over 300 ft. tall, this coaster is the fastest in the park.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic