TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL2] Intamin Launch Competition

Next year on the 16/03/16, will be the 10 year anniversary of the UK's most recognisable Intamin Launch Coaster found at Thorpe Park, Stealth!!! To anyone who is willing enough and has the patience to do it, I am setting up a non-official launch coaster competition. Rides will be judged on the date of Stealth's anniversary (16/03/16) and will be judged on:

-Scenery

-Creativity

-Originality

-Thrills

-Accuracy (Regarding G-forces, etc...)

The ride has two restrictions, first being that it MUST be under 62M or 203.412073 feet (Thanks Google) and also get up to 80mph on the first launch.

The rest is up to you on deciding how the track lays out such as a Storm Runner or a Rita and how the ride is set up!!!

Have fun, take your time and good luck!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, wait... so you're starting a contest that isn't over till NEXT year??? That seems like a little early to be starting a contest. Maybe 3 months out at the most. Most people will forget about the contest in a few weeks, much less a year later.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

• 4 weeks later...
So I've started... Here's a few screenshots showing what I've gotten done so far.

[attachment=0]screenshot-2015-06-20-19-07-08.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]screenshot-2015-06-20-19-10-46.png[/attachment]

Still a long way to go, but it's coming along nicely I think

Looking good. I'm going to be uploading some ideas for people to scratch off of. Looking forward to finished designs!!!

Looking good. I'm going to be uploading some ideas for people to scratch off of. Looking forward to finished designs!!!

So does the second restrictions mean that it has to go at least 80mph at the beginning launch?

Because that's very restrictive in the sense that it means you have to make some really big coaster even though some of the greater intamin launchers don't go that fast.

So does the second restrictions mean that it has to go at least 80mph at the beginning launch?

Because that's very restrictive in the sense that it means you have to make some really big coaster even though some of the greater intamin launchers don't go that fast.

I agree with you on this one. There are only 4 Intamin Accelerator Coaster of the 15 out there that reach around 80mph. (Without going over, IE: Top Thrill Dragster, and Kingda Ka) So either the layout is going to have to be rther long, or its going to be a one trick pony, like TTD, Stealth, or KK... Where you go launch, tower, and then brake run.

When I said up to 80mph, I meant the first launch must reach up to at least 80mph, the rest is up to you! It can have multiple launches so you could make a Multi-launch like Cheetah hunt if you really want. Anything that is made with the Intamin accelerator design ethics is illegible!!! hope this clear up any conflict.

When I said up to 80mph, I meant the first launch must reach up to at least 80mph, the rest is up to you! It can have multiple launches so you could make a Multi-launch like Cheetah hunt if you really want. Anything that is made with the Intamin accelerator design ethics is illegible!!! hope this clear up any conflict.

So does that just reassure the thing i feared? That the beginning launch can't be slower than 80mph?