TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schwarzillard's RCT2 Parks Thread

I've been playing RCT2 forever now and finally figured out how to transfer screenshots to be able to post them. I am by no means creating NE worthy parks here, but I'm having fun with this one and hope you enjoy following it. I'll post one or two updates a week, depending on how things go outside of TPR (What?). This is a timeline park that started in 1977. It's located in Deleware and is called Lake Hannover. Also note, park updates may be multiple years (1978-1980, for example).

From the owner:

Lake Hannover is a family owned park in the heart of Deleware. We here at Hannover Amusements value a great experience for both family and friends, and believe Lake Hannover is at the epicenter of fun and thrilling. Lake Hannover will be opening in spring 1977 with three major attractions, including a Waveswinger ride by Zierer, a classic "Whip" ride, purchased from a failing park, and the star of the show, a wooden roller coaster called High Roller. Also included is an information station, a beautiful entrance, and a delicious place to eat near the pathway to High Roller. Guests can experience the great forests around Deleware. The management here at Lake Hannover is thrilled to open this exciting new place.

444061752_SCR80(2).jpg.2e93ebeb7f3265181bbd2b5b6503d2b3.jpg

To start things off, here's a shot of most of the park at this time.

1735592851_SCR81(2).jpg.1cd194119f5a05823062683588f98837.jpg

Another view, showcasing most of the available land.

215173423_SCR82(2).jpg.4525a73a4838f79348d3ffdb8aefa093.jpg

This coaster, manufactured by PTC, sends guest flying through the woods at speeds upwards of 45 mph, and provides scenic views.

2007937082_SCR83(2).jpg.305c401e767a119ce97f0d274f029b5e.jpg

The majority of High Roller's layout...

1215488426_SCR84(2).jpg.b9bff0c956f898e1f74a4cc1bbbe457a.jpg

Here are the two flat rides, Waveswinger and Whip.

166464239_SCR85(2).jpg.2d9ef83795b9dc5d23edf45a42ce5fa0.jpg

The park entrance...

709593397_SCR86(2).jpg.7745709e2c5692f019e8dadba2900cd5.jpg

1003590201_SCR88(2).jpg.60b2d8db50db38098e0bba8df88031f6.jpg

Land has been cleared near the front of the park... wonder what it could be?

Comments/ criticism appreciated!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I agree about the trees. Too much of a good thing. Then again I kind of like the mystery of what is really down there that they project when viewed in certain pictures. Makes me want to go walking through the woods and see what I can find.

Its the kind of park I would spend hours in just looking at the map without removing scenery, ride a few rides then either remove the trees so I can finally see everything or just leave the mystery alone and close the game. Just happy to have enjoyed what I did see.

LOL, did that make any sense at all?

^ Then again I kind of like the mystery of what is really down there that they project when viewed in certain pictures. Makes me want to go walking through the woods and see what I can find.

Its the kind of park I would spend hours in just looking at the map without removing scenery, ride a few rides then either remove the trees so I can finally see everything or just leave the mystery alone and close the game. Just happy to have enjoyed what I did see.

LOL, did that make any sense at all?

That's exactly what I was going for when designing this park. Some of the screenshots I took when designing this park were from bad angles, but I understand where you're coming from with the foliage.

The foliage seems a bit too heavy. Allow guests to see the rides and don't hide them with really heavy trees all the time.

I like the woodie a lot though, I can't wait to see more.

I was trying to make a tree-lined park, but I guess I added a bit too much. There's going to be a lot of trees for the next few updates, but changes can happen...

The particular area I started out with I wanted to make a bit more... off.. from the rest of the park. Like a memory of the theme parks of old.

It looks pretty fantastic! Though there are only a few rides, the rides you have fit pretty well together and look really nice. It's also good you have lots of room for expansion!

Thanks!

Update will be posted soon.