TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CoasterDynamix Nano Coasters

Hey all! Dan here from CoasterDynamix.

Things have been a little quiet on the coaster model front, but we've been working on a new concept that I think has turned out really great! We want your feedback.

Here are a couple pictures of a stainless steel racing coaster concept. Ideal price would be in the $30 range and come as an (easy to build) kit.

Let us know what you think!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this concept. I can definitely see this being easily marketed to coaster fans as well as the GP, especially with the $30 price range. One thing that I think would be very neat to see is certain sections of larger coasters. For example, JUST the tower of Top Thrill Dragster, or even just the first drop of a major coaster. It keeps the size of this item small enough, as well as dimensions that aren't so awkward that it could be a great desk or shelf decoration. Love it!!!

I like the idea (it looks quite nice), and I'd buy the racer model or other ones you come up with, an idea for a model I'd definitely purchase is an Arrow shuttle loop! Arrow coasters themselves tend to look nice in real life so they are good ideas for models, such as the shuttle loop as I mentioned or the corkscrew. Larger Arrow rides such as Viper from SFMM would be more expensive but would look awesome!

Like the Statix, these will be sold in the parks. If any parks think an Arrow shuttle coaster is worth doing and will sell in large numbers, I'm sure you will see one. As I've said many times before, the decision as to which models are made come from the parks. My personal opinions about which types of coasters look best or which I prefer are irrelevant. It is a business decision based on what rides they feel will sell best. These tend to be the latest and greatest. If there is other merchandise to support the ride, I would guess it is fair game.

It looks good from what I can tell. I wish you guys would start selling the real kits again. What happened to you guys? You have pretty much completely quit producing all of the functional model coasters, and now we're stuck with other things like this. The Phoenix's, Sidewinders, and Scorpions sold very well from what I could tell, why don't you guys produce the real model kits anymore? You've gone completely against your own mission statement, which from what I read on your FB is "To give everyone the tools to create the working model roller coaster of their dreams." You can't do that if you don't produce kits anymore! I'd do just about anything to get my hands on a brand new Phoenix or Sidewinder, and I'm sure a lot of other enthusiasts would love to get some kits as well. What happened?

• 2 weeks later...
It looks good from what I can tell. I wish you guys would start selling the real kits again. What happened to you guys? You have pretty much completely quit producing all of the functional model coasters, and now we're stuck with other things like this. The Phoenix's, Sidewinders, and Scorpions sold very well from what I could tell, why don't you guys produce the real model kits anymore? You've gone completely against your own mission statement, which from what I read on your FB is "To give everyone the tools to create the working model roller coaster of their dreams." You can't do that if you don't produce kits anymore! I'd do just about anything to get my hands on a brand new Phoenix or Sidewinder, and I'm sure a lot of other enthusiasts would love to get some kits as well. What happened?

This. This. This. And more this! (Except for the slight greediness).

I LOVED my CoasterDynamix models (Scorpion, Sidewinder, Phoenix) and I would absolutely buy more (especially now that I've saved up quite a bit of $$$), but you guys are always out of stock! Is there a plan to bring back the Phoenix/Scorpion coaster models? My older models are just so out of shape I can't use them anymore. I have no intention to be greedy or demanding, but you guys are BY FAR the most amazing providers for quality roller coaster kits, and I'd love to buy some more if I had the chance!

This new "nano" coaster concept looks very cool (I would consider buying one if it was a scaled model of a real coaster or something), but like I haven't said it enough, I would absolutely support you guys if the older coaster kits were reproduced!

I think these new Nano Coasters look amazing. However, I am on board with everyone else. I really wish the old school Phoenix coasters would return. I feel like now everything is geared toward trying to get parks to buy your products instead of individuals. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but you are disappointing so many others who really want to buy your products. I wish we could just find a happy median where we could get awesome products like the Static coaster trains, and the new nano coasters, AND the old school Phoenix coasters. I have been trying for YEARS to get my hands on a Phoenix model, and never any luck. I guess wanting the best of both worlds is just wishful thinking.

• 5 weeks later...

I sympathize with everyone who laments the demise of the Phoenix. Yup, the now popular Phoenix. You know.....the one everyone swore they would never buy because it had too much rigid track. Why couldn't it be more like the Scorpion? Yes the Scorpion. That was the one that was entirely too expensive for the average person to buy. Do you see a pattern developing here? No matter what we come out with enthusiasts will find fault with it. They conjure up an excuse not to buy it, they then lament the fact that it no longer exists. It doesn't exist because everyone found fault with it and it didn't sell. Too expensive, not realistic enough, too fast, too much rigid track, too temperamental, hard to find, no Intamin track, no Arrow track,etc etc. We sell wooden coasters to the O gauge train market. No one complains about the price, realism, or the fact that a wooden coaster has B&M track. No one cares. They just are happy someone makes a roller coaster model. It is very gratifying to introduce a product into a market that embraces it for what it IS rather than what it ISN'T.

That is a really, really nice concept. Actually rather stylish which could appeal to a wider market than the enthusiasts.

If it were to grow into a range, I can see it being kinda collectable. Would also make a good desk ornament for the cube/office/home desk/etc. Almost brings to mind those little buildings (Lilliput lane etc) that folks collect.

I completely understand your position Jack. The most vocal folks (enthusiasts mostly I guess) have given the company a rather unjustly hard time.

Is there a way you guys could sell both the working kits like the phoenix and scorpion and sidewinder, along with models like these? You could sell the Phoenix's and Scorpion's and Sidewinder's, targeted towards the true enthusiasts. Then, you could also have models like these on your website and at parks for the average park guest who wants a cool souvenir. It would be the best of both worlds. Would there be a way that could happen ever? I'm sure it would work very well for the general public and us true coaster enthusiasts.

Is there a way you guys could sell both the working kits like the phoenix and scorpion and sidewinder, along with models like these? You could sell the Phoenix's and Scorpion's and Sidewinder's, targeted towards the true enthusiasts. Then, you could also have models like these on your website and at parks for the average park guest who wants a cool souvenir. It would be the best of both worlds. Would there be a way that could happen ever? I'm sure it would work very well for the general public and us true coaster enthusiasts.

i don't think the Nanocoasters have any more or less appeal to enthusiasts than working models. We haven't given up on working models, contrary to what everyone seems to think. There are a lot more people willing to spend $20 on a model than $200.

^Well, if you haven't given up on the working models, then where are they? Where is our models like the phoenix and sidewinder? We want to know!

I feel like (and I'm sure more people do also) you guys have went from producing true model rollercoaster kits to toys.

I think you better take a closer look at what we produce. Our wooden coasters are every bit as realistic as the steel coasters. How is that not a "true model coaster"? In fact, a Phoenix is much more of a toy than our Cyclone. Don't mistake what YOU want for what EVERYONE wants. Why not buy a wooden coaster if you feel the desire to own a realistic model?

They aren't customizable though like the Phoenix and Sidewinder and Scorpion are. The phoenix was actually the most realistic, with a working station, opening restraints, and even station brakes. The O Scale Woodens are also much more expensive than a scorpion or a phoenix. They don't look correct. (B&M Track supported by wood) B&M's aren't wooden!! The Phoenix looks very accurate to a real B&M Sitdown. I'd do ANYTHING to get my hands on a phoenix, and I'm sure many more around here can vouch for me as well.