TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Bonnesville park - My first try

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more for you pals. Hope you like it. Would love to get some suggestions.

SCR7.BMP

This is how the park looks so far. Long way to go!

SCR8.BMP

Thrill rides under construction near kids zone!

SCR9.BMP

Not looking great to me :|

SCR10.BMP

A corkscrew coaster!

SCR11.BMP

SCR13.BMP

That's the wooden coaster. I dont know how to get that intensity down! :(

SCR14.BMP

Can someone suggest a name for this :S

SCR15.BMP

really long! :p

The photos are black, I'm afraid.

Looking at your past pictures, it seems that you definitely need to practice working with your architecture. It's big and bulky and doesn't look appealing at all. At times, you are combining roof pieces with wall pieces that don't go together at all. The foliage is oddly placed in rows or in clumps rather than spacing them out or placing them with shrubs and spreading out tree types throughout.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to help out your park

I would suggest uninstalling both expansion packs. With the exception of the Double Decker Carousel the objects are all pretty awful... your parkmaking would improve greatly by uninstalling them and working with the other objects, plus more people would be able to view your parks.

I do like the bright colors everywhere though, it gives off a very fun atmosphere.

Thanks Molemaster for your comments. This is the first park for me in RCT!

My initial thought was to have a thick forest kind of atmosphere and later it turned out to be too greenish. I will add some bushes and shrubs now to make it less clustered. Ah yeah I know that am not having good time with the roofs and walls. Need to work on the colors and fine finish. Wanted to place the observation tower a bit higher. But then the pathways looked very ugly till the top entrance. So made that butchy building.

Coasterbill,

Thanks pal for your feedback. Haven't used any expansion pack themes(just using couple of rides I got from it). I'll add some more colors and share pictures this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pals,

Just took some advice from you pals and trying to avoid the bulky building blocks. Some more pics!

SCR26.thumb.jpg.660592f3c742e8b742d5f21822552232.jpg

Main junction of the park!

SCR27.thumb.jpg.d86a67ed7f212ed7d26f8cfc75cd9f5f.jpg

SCR28.thumb.jpg.f3060507348a207fa9dcf964f871538d.jpg

Simple Food court!

SCR29.thumb.jpg.971da0b7292e41a6b09c9d9cb5fa16f9.jpg

Goliath Entrance - I think its a mess!

SCR30.thumb.jpg.83c20e3bc8a5ce1fd2eda53066f04078.jpg

That's the park safari ride!

SCR31.thumb.jpg.81ce1b652f823713d28d45b8089d288b.jpg

A mini coaster!

SCR32.thumb.jpg.4a59c6d74fdd8679f90bcd25a081058a.jpg

Golf Garden. Too much of plants?

SCR33.thumb.jpg.76cca4dcf8fb2736d1988518d348c08d.jpg

Hope this looks okay!

SCR36.thumb.jpg.4d2b833cde927a9ca662dd28004679fe.jpg

One more coaster in the corner!

I would suggest uninstalling both expansion packs. With the exception of the Double Decker Carousel the objects are all pretty awful... your parkmaking would improve greatly by uninstalling them and working with the other objects, plus more people would be able to view your parks.

I do like the bright colors everywhere though, it gives off a very fun atmosphere.

Could not disagree more about uninstalling the expansion packs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using them, there are lots of great themed rides in those packs. The scenery is pretty bad but most of the ride styles are not. From what pictures I could see you are for the most part building your scenery with mostly non-expansion RCT2 objects with only a few expansion pack items for added effect and that is a good thing in terms of learning how to build. I guess what I am trying to say is... If you are building to please others then by all means remove the expansion packs but if you are building simply to enjoy the game (as I hope you are) screw those who can't view your park or are too lazy to simply swap out their ObjData files. I used to keep 3 versions of that file on my computer. One with factory RCT2, one with RCT2 + WW & TT and one with RCT2 + custom content. It only took a few minutes to change from one to another. There was nothing I couldn't view.

Sorry coasterbill if my comment comes off harshly directed to you personally that is not my intent.

Best wishes on the completion of your first park. You are off to a good start and if you continue I am sure your building techniques will improve. It is alway fun to watch a new player build a first park and see how their style grows over time.