TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] District of Fun - 2002 Opening Day

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're enjoying building the park and the storyline, keep going. That's what it comes down to- it's ultimately your choice.

If you're that discouraged by the lack of comments and it means that much to you, then don't continue. It's not worth your time/effort if you're not enjoying yourself.m

I always enjoy reading through park timelines, but I won't always comment. Hope this helps your decision.

Thanks I do enjoy it just wanted to see if it interested people enough.

Don't sweat it. Few comments can be a good thing. If you enjoy doing what you're doing and IT'S GOOD, you probably won't get much feedback. That's how it was before the internet. I was really disheartened when I posted my model photos of the completed Airplane's first drop (pg 14). Some looked very real, and yet NOT ONE person made any comment about that series of photos.

I figure I'd rather have a few good comments than a bunch mixed with criticisms from those who find joy in picking apart things.

Saturday, June 1, 2002

Im back! Went to the park today in hopes HV would open. It was testing all morning but at around 12:30pm, an announcement on the park speakers said that High Voltage would open to the public for the first time ever at 3:00pm!! I was super excited.

A line started building up for it immediately, and I was probably the 50th person in line.

By late, the ride had a 90 minute line. High Voltage operated from 3:15 until 8:15 where it closed due to tech diff.

Ended up getting 6 rides on it before marathoning The Great American Fun Racer (Racing!)

High Voltage is CRAZY! Crazy acceleration! Loved it. Wow. It does not beat UNLEASHED or SIMBA but a great third place ride.

Here are some photos.

o1.thumb.jpg.544457632a47771f570312c8d103b630.jpg

INSANE! Was down most of the day though it did reopen at around 4:00pm. Good sign that it did open.

o2.thumb.jpg.3ca1cdbf2b414690113e71a1e321e3c5.jpg

HUGE!

o3.thumb.jpg.1cbd8d45d96433e7758b81688b07f46c.jpg

Testing with employees gave me hope!

o4.thumb.jpg.a3b889ede2f13127e1043cba0a1b6c40.jpg

cool open-air station.

o5.thumb.jpg.bf169bf271d3280142af9080f057d243.jpg

Big Thunder was stuck on chainlift. I hear passengers were taken off. Heard it got stuck around 4:00 and I walked by at 4:30 still stuck. By night it was no longer stuck though it did not reopen.

o6.thumb.jpg.76c5b786021f30b5d1e50574d019b5c7.jpg

Rotor was also closed all day. This rides future seems dull.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Keep the park going. I think it feels a little choppy but keep the storyline going. I am just reading it and I like what I see so far and I am excited to see more. Maybe you should do a restart post where you refamliarize us with the park through a BIG first person trip report where you talk about the high and lows of the park through the eyes of a peep.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, everything was lost due to a computer issue. Since I had already built the next year ride, here is what it was.

I built the first Intiman Pre-fab woodie in the United States. It was actually really cool looking.

So the park is gone....but I will be downloading theme park studio and this summer I am going to create a park called "Six Flags Over Canada". It is going to be an awesome park I assure you all. There will be a better story than there was here as well. TIll then, See ya and have a district of fun day!

• 3 months later...