TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hi there, for the last 10 years or so I've wanted to recreate Boulder Dash in Nolimits. Through various drafts I found that it didn't actually fit in NL1, so I kind of gave up on it until NL2 came out. I'm currently about 30% of the way through the track and have some 3d models of the station and surrounding buildings in progress. I'm building with FVD++ and hand building in NoLimits 1 and porting over to NoLimits2 as I feel it gives me more control and is a better way to approach the circle/straight geometry that the ride uses. I'm fairly confident the ride will be as accurate as possible.

Right now I'm working on the approach to curve 9, and I'm hoping to be into the turnaround by next week. Motivation has been iffy at times lately going a few weeks between doing anything, so I'm hoping if there's some interest that will push me into working on it more. Anyway, here are some pictures of what I have thus far:

Thanks for looking, and feedback is appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The station is actually scaled to within a quarter inch. All of the lumber is to actual dimensional scale (an 8" beam actually being 7 1/4" etc). The station railings are 42" which was easy to figure out since they keep the height stick attached to them. The rest of the models are a mix of guesswork/known measurements and Google Earth measurements but I think are fairly close.

The whole ride will likely be custom supported when I get to that point and the areas immediately surrounding the ride will be pretty highly detailed (probably the midway between BD and wildcat will be as far as I go).