TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL2] rcdude's Recreations

Over the past summer, I've been doing two main things related to theme parks: 1. Traveling to visit new theme parks, and 2. Learning how to use NoLimits 2. After finishing my traveling, I decided that one good way to learn NoLimits 2 might be to recreate some of my favorite coasters from the summer. This thread will simply be a place to showcase whatever I make and for people to leave comments on it (if desired).

My first project was recreating Beast and Diamondback at Kings Island. Both those coasters have relatively simple layouts, so it was a good way to learn the new coaster design system in NoLimits 2. For this recreation, I focused exclusively on the track, so the park is entirely level and devoid of scenery, plus all the supports are pre-built. Both coasters are entirely hand-built, resemble the operation of the real ride (at least as far as I can tell), and never require full manual mode.

I'll probably refine the rides over time whenever I feel like working on them, but I think what I've got so far is a decent attempt that is reasonably close to the real rides. Enjoy!

Game Exchange Link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=3183

screenshot-2014-09-04-17-26-46.png.5c5e8482ce3b5264cde3a46f3a8a808f.png

screenshot-2014-09-04-17-27-51.png.f5e40c747b4bc4a0a368eaeca0bf6120.png

screenshot-2014-09-04-17-28-39.png.b9c64eb66e92c0acad6cce75abf8b949.png

screenshot-2014-09-04-17-29-28.png.e0468484258bcd27a3883ad1eb04c41b.png

screenshot-2014-09-04-17-30-16.png.c05c2c456b9b3ba8f8cf2dd5fc21ac17.png

screenshot-2014-09-04-17-30-56.png.a40e7cc71db5e2a56666ff0106795071.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While my next project is still a work in progress, I feel it is at the point where it's worth sharing. This is a recreation of a relatively obscure coaster: Kentucky Rumbler at Beech Bend in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The layout is complete, but I'm still tweaking a few sections to get g-forces to a reasonable level and trying to modify some of the supports.

I hope to have a great Kentucky Rumbler recreation eventually, as I don't think one exists anywhere. Therefore, I will continue working on it concurrently with other projects. I plan to work mostly on wood coasters for a bit (particularly the CCI style), as they seem to be the easiest type to create in NoLimits, and for my next project I'll start focusing on terrain and scenery as well.

Game Exchange Link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=3190

screenshot-2014-09-21-15-58-59.png.1831cffcdb09e6a41d7f1e4fc205fde5.png

screenshot-2014-09-21-15-59-34.png.cd8a4590a758d2198ba6ddf929c982b9.png

screenshot-2014-09-21-15-59-56.png.3072ce240a9d0b1110877e4de224bff1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! These are all great . Everything seems to scale and for the most part the supports are correct! The only thing that stood out to me was the lift supports on Diamond back, but besides that it seems pretty spot on!

I don't even mind if Diamondback's lift was messed up since its so increadibly wonky in real life anyways

Wow, these are beautiful! Keep up the good work, I'll be checking back here often. Also, could you do a Renegade at Valleyfair recreation? I absolutely love Renegade's look so it would be greatly appreciated, but it's just a request.

Wow! These are all great . Everything seems to scale and for the most part the supports are correct! The only thing that stood out to me was the lift supports on Diamond back, but besides that it seems pretty spot on!

Thanks a lot. For Diamondback, I did it using only the premade supports so that is why they aren't quite right. For future steel coasters I'm going to try using custom supports whenever necessary. There is definitely a learning curve to NoLimits, so I figure I'll take it one step at a time.

Wow, these are beautiful! Keep up the good work, I'll be checking back here often. Also, could you do a Renegade at Valleyfair recreation? I absolutely love Renegade's look so it would be greatly appreciated, but it's just a request.

Thanks. As a rule, I won't do a recreation of I ride I haven't actually been on. Unfortunately, Valleyfair is a park I still have to get to, so for now I don't plan to do a Renegade recreation. Depending on how long I keep this going I may make one in the future (once I've gotten a chance to visit). If you like GCI coasters, there are a couple more I plan to do recreations of at some point, though for now I'm focusing on the top coasters of the mid-west. For now, I plan to keep this going at a rate of one coaster/park per month until I get through my current list.