TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Mexico Adventureland- An RCT2 Park

Prologue--

Hello,

First off I want to say thank you for the enormous success of my first park, Six Flags Fisherman's Wharf. I feel like I screwed up the storyline, though and I'd like to make up for that. My newest park should compensate for that. I've been working on the park for a total of 5 in game years and I am aiming to make this park realistic as possible. Please enjoy!

The New Mexico Gazette

June 1, 1998

Today marks an important day for the state of New Mexico's tourism dept. Located in Albuquerque, a new theme park opened its doors for the first time. The park, New Mexico Adventureland is owned by a private company. The park is home to 7 world-class attractions and pulled in thousands of guests yesterday. The park's owner, Chad Davidsson commented he was very happy with how opening day went and is looking forward to a prosperous next couple of years. We have some photos of opening day.

Here's an overview of the park.

The park has some cowboy themes at the entrance of the park.

The front entrance is pretty drab with only one main store. The shop sells t-shirts hats and candy.

Here's the Carousel. This was bought from a company that does state fairs, along with Round-U[p for just over 100,000.

The park's roller coaster, the Arrow Dynamics manufactured Gold Nugget. This attraction was easily the most crowded and I spent and hour trying to get on it. Although the ride is aimed towards families, I'd strongly disagree the ride was very intense and went underground twice. I loved the ride and I know if was very expensive. This is probably the last time we see a big ride in a while ta the park.

The ride runs two trains max. On quieter days, the ride will tend to run one.

The park runs through some foliage and trees.

Here are the ride's ratings.

The Adobe City section of the park has a Himalaya/ Musik Express ride called Bonanza. This was a 60,000 ride but well worth it as it seemed to attract plenty of guests.

Here's Skyway, a chairlift that will eventually span the entire park. For now, the ride just has a small area to get back on the other side.

The Jolly Roger is a swinging ship that was popular among younger kids.

Finally, here's Tidal Wave, a shoot-the-chutes ride that is the perfect way to cool off on the dog days.

Until next year!

End of post--

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this so far. I'm confused about your plans for the chairlift though, what do you mean when you say it will span the entire park? Are you going to do a square formation? As it stands I would back the station closest to the main midway up so it's symmetrical with the front gate (so back it up even with the white queue building for the water ride). I'd also make it a little bit higher (maybe 25-30 feet or so). Nice choice with the Von Roll cars and not the standard crap that comes with the game.

I'd also suggest removing that expansion pack carousel. I'm not sure if you're familiar with parkdat but if you take the expansion objects out more people will be able to view the park. I actually like that carousel (it was literally the only good thing that came out of either expansion pack) but you'll get very few views if you leave it in.

Great job so far... sorry to be so critical but it's because I think this park has a lot of potential.

I really like this so far. I'm confused about your plans for the chairlift though, what do you mean when you say it will span the entire park? Are you going to do a square formation? As it stands I would back the station closest to the main midway up so it's symmetrical with the front gate (so back it up even with the white queue building for the water ride). I'd also make it a little bit higher (maybe 25-30 feet or so). Nice choice with the Von Roll cars and not the standard crap that comes with the game.

I'd also suggest removing that expansion pack carousel. I'm not sure if you're familiar with parkdat but if you take the expansion objects out more people will be able to view the park. I actually like that carousel (it was literally the only good thing that came out of either expansion pack) but you'll get very few views if you leave it in.

Great job so far... sorry to be so critical but it's because I think this park has a lot of potential.

thanks! what do you mean "you'll get very few views" anyway, I screwed up with how I said the chairlift will span the park. m plans were to expand the park horizontally at first and then vertically f that makes any sense. the park would eventually purchase more land thus for no longer "spanning" the park. I should have clarified that.

What I mean is that most people don't have the expansion packs (because they're awful) , so if you release the park for download most people won't be able to view it. And that makes sense with the chairlift. I'm assuming that means the stations will be pushed back then?

Like I said before, great work so far!