TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Bennyland Amusement Park

Hi everyone! I have seen some of the marvelous parks that are posted here and I thought I would start my own. I am pretty much terrible at building and CS. It's EXTREMELY small at the moment, but I have plans on how to expand it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening Day, 1970

Today is the day. After months of construction and anticipation, Bennyland is finally ready to open to the public! It is a small park with family friendly rides and a great coaster called Thunder Run. I am not good with words, so let's move on to pictures.

Bennyland's entrance, and opening day crowds

Looking down the midway. I see plenty of room for expansion

The beautiful Chairswing attraction

Bumper Cars

Starfish Spin

Thunder Run's lift hill from the queue

I got to walk the track for some interesting views

The layout from the top of the lift. It's a small but fun coaster!

On the ride. It seriously does not look like your head will make it through this part.

Paratroopers, with Thunder Run looking menacing in the background.

I hope you enjoyed this park update! Comment with suggestions or thoughts.

Edited by benboyrocks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 19, 1970

My name is Leilani Cain, and I have been waiting a long time to see the new park. Bennyland looked awesome, and I finally had money, so I booked a trip! Here are my thoughts on the park.

Roll-O-Plane is a fun flat. If the line isn't long, I recommend riding it again in a different seat.

Bumper Cars is your typical Dodgem attraction.

Bennyland has a cool Ferris Wheel. It's in a nice location.

The food was easily the worst part of the day. This is the only location and it serves typical amusement park burgers. I wish they had a bigger variety.

I wasn't able to get any photos of Thunder Run because my camera died, but I really liked it. It's a fun little wooden coaster with a really scary headchopper effect.

With that being said, I was able to get this interesting picture...

I wonder why they are clearing this land?

Overall, Bennyland is a nice little park. However, it could use some improvement in the food section. I would check it out, if only to see what that massive land clearing is for.

Offseason, 1971

Ben Gilligan, CEO

Bennyland has been teasing what 1971 will bring. I can officially unveil the curtains today for our new attraction. Are you ready to rotate? You better be, because Bennyland introduces....

Rotor

New for 1971

This brand new thrill ride will pin you against the wall and drop the floor beneath you. An experience like no other! We are proud of this attraction and cannot wait for you to ride it this season!

The inside of the ride

Rotor is part 2 of our three part opening strategy. I can promise you that part 3 will be even more amazing.

That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed!

Bennyland has your typical small-town lineup of attractions. A Ferris wheel, Dodgems, Paratrooper, etc.

I think the ride selection is perfect for such a small park, as there is plenty to keep everyone happy. One thing I strongly suggest is to improve upon the food vendors. Only 1 place to eat, and it looks EXTREMELY small. Some bushes, fences, and path borders would really help.

June 13, 1971

Haley Shepp, park visitor

Hey everyone! My name is Haley and this is my first visit to Bennyland! I've heard really neat things about and wanted to try it out. I had fun, although the food was sub par. I really hope that they improve on this aspect, as the rides are really great. Thunder Run is a cool coaster as well. I didn't think to take pictures till later in the evening, before it started raining.

Grand Carousel, as it was turning dark.

I decided to take a night ride on Thunder Run. Here's an image of the lift hill from the queue.

Deeper into the queue. It looks menacing here!

It was about to rain, so everyone rushed into the Guest Services building to get an umbrella.

It wasn't that bad. Just a few sprinkles.

My final picture. I love Rotor's night time look!

We were also handed surveys to send to the park when we exited. It was your typical "what can we do better" survey. However, I was intrigued by the last question, "What do you think it was like living in the wild west?" It was a weird question. Hmmm.....

I will definitely be back some time. I'll just have to make sure to pack my own lunch. Seriously, Bennyland needs to improve the dining. Oh well, I will still tell my friends how awesome the rides are. Until next time - Haley out.

June 30, 1971

Ben Gilligan, CEO

1971 has been quite a season for Bennyland! Attendance is up (figures not released yet) and cash flow has increased - A LOT! Rotor sure is a crowd draw! But I'm here today to talk to you about 1972 - or, phase 3 of Bennyland's opening plan. I can tell you it will be major, but that's all I can say. But what would a teaser thread be without teaser pictures? On to them!

I wonder what this is?

Interesting...

Does this have anything to do with it?

Stay tuned. The announcement is soon....and it's going to be a wild one.

As always, comment with suggestions/what you think of it!

August 25, 1971

Ben Gilligan, CEO

It is time. The speculation can come to an end. Because today is the day Bennyland announces Western Expedition, a brand new coaster coming in 1972! This fun family adventure will take you through a mine town and then up the first lift. That's right, Western Expedition has TWO lifts! The coaster then tilts you to the side, to the point where you can almost touch the structure. Then you are dipped UNDERGROUND and into a helix for round two!

The station in all of it's themed glory

The mine town you encounter on the ride

Up the second lift!

We're sure that this addition will thrill families for years to come!

As always, leave comments/suggestions! Till next time...

Opening Day, 1972

Hello, my name is John Himmer and I live in California, but I went on a businesses trip to Columbus, Ohio and it turns out there was a small amusement park there called Bennyland! It just so happened to be the park's opening day on the last day of my trip, so I decided to go and visit the park on my last day in Columbus. I think it was worth the visit. The park had a nice charm to it! I ended up riding all rides, except for Rotor. It was broken down all day. It looked like a fun ride too. I enjoyed my day and I even took photos of my trip, so here are the photos that I took!

1336924411_ScreenShot2014-09-01at1_35_32PM.thumb.png.a4e84be10091b8d1ef70b1293c85a46d.png

I really liked the main entrance into the park!

1102034566_ScreenShot2014-09-01at1_36_04PM.thumb.png.259ec180142ed824ad0dfe647290eab6.png

I heard that the newest roller coaster was Western Expedition, so I ran straight for that ride when the park opened!

1367335144_ScreenShot2014-09-01at1_37_17PM.thumb.png.229c9b270c43df25f89992d17f7ed261.png

I took this picture while going up the second lift hill on Western Expedition! I really liked the theming on this ride!

1353917873_ScreenShot2014-09-01at1_43_57PM.thumb.png.c9b1a23428cfe712bf5c227dcdd7ea5e.png

I decided to ride Thunder Run next. It was a great wooden coaster!

I'm glad I rode the two roller coasters in the park before I ate. I think I would have thrown up after eating all that food if I rode them after I ate.

375446787_ScreenShot2014-09-01at1_44_14PM.thumb.png.27db4ecf6f316ad9403237c0df9a9b1e.png

Sadly, Rotor was closed all day. I wish I got the chance to ride it.

1288051226_ScreenShot2014-09-01at1_44_30PM.thumb.png.1740f634979205b3c2c6eb3c0d54b11a.png

The Ferris Wheel gave some great views of the park!

810266537_ScreenShot2014-09-01at1_45_22PM.thumb.png.84971efe15946144deebf906012070fe.png

I decided to make my last ride be on Thunder Run. I took this shot from on top of the lift hill.

Overall, I had a great time at Bennyland! I would say that Western Expedition is my favorite coaster I have ever ridden! I would give it a 9/10! As for Thunder Run, I think it was a solid wooden coaster, so I would give it a 8/10! I will have to make sure to come back to Bennyland if I'm ever in Columbus, Ohio again!

-John Himmer.

• 2 weeks later...