Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

P. 46 - Pax Prime RCTW Gameplay Demo Video & Photos!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

Postby YourPalJay » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:09 am

RCT4 has a name and a date. Early 2015. Press release is here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-announced-for-early-2015-release

Video:

Interesting?
Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 13.06.14.png
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:18 pm.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon World announced... again.

Postby Atter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:23 am

That looks pretty cool and there is no micro transactions in the game! =) It basically looks like rct3 with better graphics! I can't wait to be able to play this game!
Best Steel Coaster-X-Flight(So Far)
Best Wooden Coaster-Goliath(So Far)
Coaster Count-122(Steel:103,Wood:19)

My RCT3 Park-www.wildnorthwest.com(Website) WILD NORTHWEST(Thread)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby BCTom » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:33 am

At first glance it looks like a proper sequel, and should come as a relief to anyone who thought the mobile version represented the future of the franchise.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Miracleman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:35 am

I'm curious as to how this cooperative management of one massive theme park will work. Could be interesting. Not anticipating much more than each player getting a "quadrant" of the park. Hmmm, we'll see, I guess.

BCTom wrote:At first glance it looks like a proper sequel, and should come as a relief to anyone who thought the mobile version represented the future of the franchise.

Apparently it has a different developer than the mobile game. The title change also indicates that they're trying to possibly distance themselves from it. Not going to get my hopes up yet, though...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby YourPalJay » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 am

I definitely see one of the most requested features - off the grid placements. Or at least the illusion of them. I like that the graphics aren't super-realism-4K-blow-your-mind-and-your-wallet-on-computer-upgrades, rather they simply seem cleaned up from RCT3, texture and color-wise. Much appreciated. Now the hunt for more screenshots begins... Much like a decade or two ago :) Looking forward to it, but will happily "kill time" with NL2 and TPS as well.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:30 am

I think they know they dropped the ball on RCT3, so I really hope they learned from their mistakes and took real consideration with what the fans had to say. Remember, Atari asked the community a while ago what they would like to see in RCT4.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ccfan007 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:33 am

I do like how guest's will continue to line up after the que line has ended (at least thats what it looks like ;))

Anyways, Looks promising.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 am

Miracleman wrote:Apparently it has a different developer than the mobile game. The title change also indicates that they're trying to possibly distance themselves from it. Not going to get my hopes up yet, though...

I agree with this statement.

Here are my thoughts on this....

1. It bothers me that the ONLY in-game image we have is this:
Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 12.35.36.png
And to me, this isn't very "pretty" as it looks like park rides plopped down in a dirt field.

2. Why couldn't they have used real game footage for the lift hill shots in that video? (Red flag to me!)

3. Being developed by a group who have never done a game like this before (at least not noted on their website) - Another red flag.
Have to be honest, the games they've worked on doesn't scream to me "This is the developer for Roller Coaster Tycoon", but having said that, I've seen awesome games come out of stranger developers, but it's still a red flag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipeworks_Software

4. I'm *slightly* more hopeful for this game than the awful mobile game that came out a few months ago? (key word: slightly)

5. I'd like to put more faith in Atari, but my last professional dealings with them didn't leave a good impression, however I know they have gone through quite a few changes since then, so I will give them that.

6. I hope there is a Mac version. (I only saw mention of a PC platform, and it didn't specify Windows or OSX) and if there isn't, I think that's very shortsighted of Atari given the HUGE increase in Mac computer sales over the last decade.

7. If you go to their official website: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com there is still ZERO mention of this title, even though it's advertized in the video they gave to IGN, which is a very amateur mistake by Atari. So maybe I retract what I said in #5! ;)
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:09 am.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Atter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:00 am

I wonder if you won't be able to ride the rides, maybe that's why they didn't use footage for the lift hill in the trailer. That would be a bummer.
Best Steel Coaster-X-Flight(So Far)
Best Wooden Coaster-Goliath(So Far)
Coaster Count-122(Steel:103,Wood:19)

My RCT3 Park-www.wildnorthwest.com(Website) WILD NORTHWEST(Thread)

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:03 am

Right now whats worrying me is that fact that the Ferris wheel's Que appears to be fixed in place with out customization. Also I have a feeling that its just gonna be a few pre-built generic flats and buildings than Thrillville-esc coaster types.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness