TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Microsoft ScreamRide (SR) Discussion Thread

Not sure what to make of this one...looks strange. I'm not sure what they're going for. Are you supposed to build rides that kill people?

ScreamRide is a full-featured, physics-based coaster game where creativity and destruction are equally welcomed. With more than 50 events and three unique game modes, ScreamRide unleashes the power of unbounded creation, addictive gameplay, and extreme destruction. Your imagination for creation and destruction is the only limit in the exciting world of ScreamRide.

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You're probably right.

To be fair this is not actually being developed by Microsoft, but Frontier (the studio behind RCT3 and Thrillville). This, however, does look destined to disappoint. Why is everyone so afraid to do a proper theme park management sim these days?

What the hell is WRONG with all our roller coaster video game people?!?! Why does EVERY SINGLE roller coaster game HAVE to be a nerdfest of accurate G-Forces, track ties, and brake fins??? Why can't someone build a roller coaster video game for FUN??!?!

Seriously, I think all of you that want nothing but a nergasm of uber-serious mathematical based simulators suck the fun out of this hobby.

If it were me, I'd rather have a game where I get to crash a train full of people into a wall, and you all would be on the train!!!!!

--Robb "This game actually looks like a hell of a lot of FUN!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^^ I was just going to say, this game looks to target anyone who turned the launch speed on their 50ft S&S tower in RCT to 100mph and giggled at the result. For example, me.

This looks like the first roller coaster-related video game that I'd purchase in a long time.

"physics based video game"

Yeah right

TRAILER: "Break the laws of physics"

Wow, you really have zero clue what you are talking about. You think you're being all smart, but this post belongs in the "stupidest posts on TPR" thread.

Edited by robbalvey

PS: To clarify i dont hate this game it's just that it lies to itself

Since I see you've edited your post to add this, I'll explain since you're too dumb to figure it out on your own. The game is NOT based on "ACCURATE PHYSICS OF ROLLER COASTERS" it's based on "PHYSICS" and the laws that surround them. Meaning when you knock over a stack of bricks, it will fall as it's supposed to, based on the laws of physics.

Really? I had to explain this to you? You couldn't figure this one out on your own???

Edited by robbalvey

My big disappointment is that this does not appear to be a sim or tycoon style game especially considering the developer.

Maybe I'm at fault for wanting this to be something it's not, but it had been quite some time since we've one of those (at least a good one). Don't get me wrong, I like games that have building coasters as a goal, but there are so many of those currently. I'm going to call this what (I think) it is likely to be: an "extreme" version of Coaster Crazy where the goals are also more "extreme." Which is not to say necessarily bad, but more that it is not what I wish it to be. Yeah, I'm being petulant.

Heck, who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll end up buying it.

Unless it ends up being an Xbox One Exclusive.

This game actually looks pretty fun... Kinda like ""create you're own final destination"!

Looks like a ton of fun, and I'd actually consider buying this. I love how you can crash the flat rides!

To the people who will bash this game for being unrealistic,I say this... Yes, games and programs like NL & TPS, are AMAZING, allowing enthusiasts to build absolutely awesome coasters, and even aiding parks and companies in their designs.

HOWEVER, IMO, games like the one being discussed on this thread are also just plain fun sometimes! ... I see it the same way I approach battlefield Vs. Call of duty. They each serve different purposes, and therefore, fans/supporters of one game do not have to hate on the other.

I understand the frustration of not having a game that focusses on being realistic. I also think this looks like a lot of fun…

With regards to the realism of the modern theme park games, there is really only RCT and NoLimits to choose from, and neither of them (well, NoLimits gets close…) get to the point of realism that is wanted in the enthusiast community. RCT has the part where you run the park, but the rides lack in realism whereas NoLimits has incredibly realistic rides…

I think this is what makes it frustrating to have nothing that combines both of these things in a game, I know ThemeParkStudio came close, but it isn't anything like people thought it would be like meaning that it failed in the eyes of a lot of people to do what was wanted from it. Apart from this promising progress that ThemeParkStudio originally made, there has really been nothing else that caters for the people who seek realism in theme park games and enjoy managing a park in a realistic manor.

In the end, RCT and NoLimits do the jobs of realism perfectly, and I am sure that when a realism-focussed theme park game is released, it will be worth the wait

This game I like the look of, it doesn't seem too serious…and it's basically a game dedicated to doing what everyone has done at some point in RCT…smashed people up using a coaster

This game actually looks pretty fun... Kinda like ""create you're own final destination"!

That was my first thought.

I just find it humorous that they're advertising a roller coaster game as a gritty, dystopian future where roller coaster experiments are necessary to alter society, featuring Inception's soundtrack.

My big disappointment is that this does not appear to be a sim or tycoon style game especially considering the developer.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, after creating YEARS of the same game, the developer wanted to do something different with the genre? I can tell you as someone who was part of the original Call of Duty team that there were a lot of us that were pretty sick of 1st person WWII shooters by the time #3 came along and quite a few of us were doing it "for the paycheck."

I'm kind of happy to see Frontier (whom I know quite a few of those guys personally) doing something radically different, but still roller coasters, that looks like a lot of fun!

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, after creating YEARS of the same game, the developer wanted to do something different with the genre? I can tell you as someone who was part of the original Call of Duty team that there were a lot of us that were pretty sick of 1st person WWII shooters by the time #3 came along and quite a few of us were doing it "for the paycheck."

I'm kind of happy to see Frontier (whom I know quite a few of those guys personally) doing something radically different, but still roller coasters, that looks like a lot of fun!

Stop being so reasonable. I'm trying to be selfish here. Now you had to go and get me empathizing with the developers. I've never played a Call of Duty game (not much of an fps fan), but I can surely understand frustration behind working on something you're no longer passionate about "for the paycheck."

It's been so long since a really good theme park management sim came out, and that's just an itch of mine that really needs scratching. With every new game theme park-related game announcement, I let myself get my hopes up too high. As I said, I'm probably at fault for wanting it to be something that it's not, but I can't help it.

This could be fun, but if I have to use Kinect to build Roller Coasters, I'm out.

Edited to fix spelling and grammar.

I agree not every game for coasters needs to be accurate and for the tiny sliver of us who dream of being coaster engineers. No limits , rct 3, and TPS might be more your style. I can't see how a new coaster game could possibly be a dissapointment. This and rct 4 were a nice surprise this morning.

Come on now... You know damn well you all secretly crash your rct3 coasters and drown you pandas... I have an Xbox One, love gaming and this is on the list. My PC is for creation, my Xbox to blow stuff up. Both are a great stress reliever after a long day at work dealing with everyone's crap.

I can't see how a new coaster game could possibly be a dissapointment.

Ever checked out the App Store?

You know damn well you all secretly crash your rct3 coasters and drown you pandas...

I would never... Pandas are endangered.

I think someone would be lying if they said they never crashed coasters on purpose in RCT, but this is probably the first game I've seen where killing people by coaster seems to be the goal. I'm curious to know what kind of government the future of ScreamRide had.

Half the fun of the RCT series was peep bowling, trying to drown/kill everyone, and just making the most unrealistic horrifying coasters ever.

Now they're making an entire game out of it WITH A DESTRUCTION ENGINE!?

I mean, while making unfinished coasters in RCT was fun and all, you couldn't hurdle a ride at a wall, and make the wall explode!

I cannot wait.

Like RCT4, color me cautiously optimistic. The game does look fun, but I'm more worried about the finished product. It's less about the realism and more of the many bugs, graphical glitches, and awkward UIs that might come with the game that make me worried.

Time will tell.

Edited by Generic Name