TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland New England

Legoland New England, or... A use for my thousands of lego bricks I've accumulated since childhood.

I have been planning my lego theme park for weeks now since I received my coaster factory set. I built up the train several times to allow for maximum flex. The single 10 passenger train is fully loaded with minifigures hanging on for dear life! I hope all the pieces stay in place when I test run, might have to bust out the Kragle!

The coaster's layout is subject to change based on physics and available parts. I am concerned the weight of the train might cause some changes to the layout.

The park will also feature a walk through haunted house and a scrambler ride. Going forward, a lego trolley will run on a lateral piece of track behind the park.

More updates to come!

image.thumb.jpg.fad42de0c1cd956979d5973c6877bd8c.jpg

The completed 10 passenger train has some modern Premier inspiration.

image.thumb.jpg.ffa3b84c9880c11c3effff635d646341.jpg

A rough idea of the layout of the coaster.

Edited by ECZenith

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mocked up the lift hill support structure tonight. It is a 45 degree handle which is as far as I will push the RCF system as it is new to me. The beginning of the coaster will feature a 180 degree clockwise banked, curving drop at 60 degrees, leading to a camelback hill (half the height of the lift) to provide enough speed to get through an Immelman.

Please ignore the multiple colors. The entire support structure will be coated with glossy black plastic fusion paint once a successful test is done on the circuit. The supports are the only lego pieces to be painted, as I want this model to be pleasing to the eye, and it will be a permanent build.

The track will be silver, black supports and red train. I am taking suggestions for a basic name that is more suited for an "amusement" vs. theme park.

image.thumb.jpg.fe4981ccd220b184ae806b8b7eaee4ce.jpg

Looking up the 45* lift hill

image.thumb.jpg.08ade00c01a6ec1d72323c02242ca6cc.jpg

Lift hill, first drop and airtime hill

image.thumb.jpg.5780753703d665ce0f858f358a5acd33.jpg

We'll be rolling in no time!

image.thumb.jpg.0e0629487271f11cfea781b2254291da.jpg

Balloon salesman

I'm laying track today making sure everything is even. Train moves up nicely when pushed, I'm hoping to get the motor and chain within a couple weeks. All the track is being set up for a mockup but it will be all removed so the supports can be painted.

image.thumb.jpg.84c004878a600abd0060cb1adb38201d.jpg