[RCT2] Ocean Shores Amusement Park

Other parks by djboss302:

Milwaukee Adventure

Ocean Shores updates:

First update: 1998 SEE BELOW

Second Update: 1999

Welcome to Ocean Shores Amusement Park!

May 20, 1998

Ocean Shores Amusement Park has finally opened after 2 years of construction. Situated about a 1/2 mile near the ocean, you can smell the Ocean air as you converse throughout the park. Located near Miami, FL, this park is sure to get a lot of traffic!

Rides:

Orange Thunder, a TOGO hyper lite coaster

Red Fury, a Vekoma SLC

Zoomerang, a Vekoma Boomerang

Junior Hurricane, a Zierer kiddy coaster

Wild Mouse, an L&T Systems Wild mouse

Non coaster rides:

Enterprise, a relocated Schwarzkopf enterprise

The Plummit, a S&S drop tower

Cloud 9, an Intamin Space Spiral

Tea Cups, a HUSS tea cup ride

Ferris Wheelie Wheel, an Intamin ferris wheel.

Merry Go Round, a Chance merry go round

Jungle Adventure Express, a train ride

Pirate's Hideaway

Swinger, a Zierer wave swinger

Spiral Slide, a Spiral Slide

Now onto the pictures!

SCR153.BMP

Welcome to Ocean Shores Amusement Park!

SCR178.BMP

One of the first coasters completed was Zoomerang, a Vekoma Boomerang

SCR179.BMP

Here is the entrance to Orange Thunder, a TOGO hyper-ish coaster.

SCR180.BMP

It reaches a height of 130 feet, making it the tallest coaster at the park!

SCR191.BMP

Here is the track out of the station

SCR169.BMP

Orange Thunder's layout

SCR189.BMP

Airtime in the jungle.

SCR159.BMP

Somewhat twisty....

SCR190.BMP

It is definitely one of the most popular rides at the park!

SCR185.BMP

Here is Wild Mouse, an L&T Systems wild mouse.

SCR175.BMP

Here is Red Fury, a relocated Vekoma SLC. It was originally located at a park in Spain, but when the park closed in 1997, we were able to get this two year old coaster for cheaper than new!

SCR182.BMP

Here is the entrance to Hurricane, a CCI woodie. Painted in pride of your hometown Hurricanes!

SCR165.BMP

Hurricane's layout.

SCR181.BMP

Here is Junior Hurricane, a Zierer kiddy coaster

SCR176.BMP

Overview of Kiddyland, the park's center for the little ones!

SCR174.BMP

Here is Pirate's Hideaway, the park's dark ride. Think you can handle the pirate's wrath?

SCR172.BMP

Here is the layout of Jungle Cruise Adventure, the park's log flume

SCR177.BMP

Here is the overview of the park. As you can see, there is plenty of room for expansion. And with that, we end our first update! Hope you liked it! Comments and critiscm are greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

SCR193.BMP

Here is the park's drop tower, the Plummit.

Edited by djboss302

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a bad start, but the entrance area of the park is a massive cluster of madness. One block pathways, rides clustered into one area. It just seems to be a bit much. Spread them out a bit and add some scenery and it should look pretty nice there. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of Pirate's Hideaway's building either. Try to add a little variety to the building's design. While I do like the look of them within the park (particularly Red Fury), I'd ask for you not to use pre-designed creations. I want to see your coaster designs, not someone else's. The woodie looks pretty nice. Solid start, but some aspects could be improved. Hoping to see another update in a bit.

Awesome looking Palm Trees 'n' colors! The Hurricane looks decent as any other CCI Wooden Coaster! Orange Thunder looks fabulous, please don't remove it! Red Fury, & everything! Makes me think, & wish that there was a Amusement Park in Miami FL, & they should!

Not a bad start, but the entrance area of the park is a massive cluster of madness. One block pathways, rides clustered into one area. It just seems to be a bit much. Spread them out a bit and add some scenery and it should look pretty nice there. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of Pirate's Hideaway's building either. Try to add a little variety to the building's design. While I do like the look of them within the park (particularly Red Fury), I'd ask for you not to use pre-designed creations. I want to see your coaster designs, not someone else's. The woodie looks pretty nice. Solid start, but some aspects could be improved. Hoping to see another update in a bit.

Thanks for pointing out some of the errors! I agree with you on the entrance, and now that I look back on it it does look kinda cramped. As far as the pre designed coasters go, I first tried to use custom designs, but I was not proud of them, and I thought the ones previously designed were better. I can guarantee you from now on that all new rides with the exception of the flat rides will be custom.

Awesome looking Palm Trees 'n' colors! The Hurricane looks decent as any other CCI Wooden Coaster! Orange Thunder looks fabulous, please don't remove it! Red Fury, & everything! Makes me think, & wish that there was a Amusement Park in Miami FL, & they should!

Why, thank you sir!

I think this would look a lot better if the entrance area was toned down a little bit.

Yep. Someone else pointed this out already, and I don't really like it either. Thanks for the comment though!

I like everything else though... nice to see this RCT2 renaissance at TPR. It's by far the best RCT game ever made.

Agreed. I've always preferred RCT2 to RCT3. RCT2 Is basically my childhood in a nutshell. Oh, and it was nice to see this yesterday:

1914170738_bandicam2014-06-1308-58-27-833.jpg.89618b5c48bae47a352227b44474bdea.jpg

NEW UPDATE: 1999

This past year was a great year for opening shores. However, there were things citizens of Miami said that were not positive. Here are some of the complaints:

The entrance is way too cramped.

They need more kid rides

I hate how the whole park is crammed in even though they have so much room

Ocean Shores did the best they could to answer these complaints, and ended up having to add a whole new area, Wild West Town!

Also, the Scrambler ride was moved to Wild West Town to make the entrance seem less cramped.

A new sky ride was built to transport peeps from the entrance area to Wild West Town.

And finally, a new walk through haunted house was built in Wild West Town.

Now, onto the pictures!

SCR202.BMP

Here is the new entrance!

SCR201.BMP

A new eatery was put in Scrambler's old spot.

SCR195.BMP

Here is an overview of the new Wild West town.

SCR196.BMP

Hmmm....wonder what's going here?

SCR197.BMP

Could a new coaster be coming for the new millenium?

SCR198.BMP

1999 Park overview. Find out what's coming next update! Thanks for reading! Comments and criticism are appreciated!

I'll chime in on my comments/criticism

-Foliage is much-needed in this park, specifically inside the park itself. It looks like a mostly empty field with rides placed in the middle.

-Your paths would benefit from fencing and surrounding flowers and bushes. It just gives a more realistic feel.

-The Togo hyper is just plain awkward. If you were going for that, then mission: accomplished. I know you may like it, but I just don't know if it fits. Maybe some modifications to make it a Morgan instead?

-It'd be nice if you had faux shop facades with real stalls inside like a Main Street. This also gives a more realistic approach.

-After seeing your other stations, I think your Log Flume could use on upgrade on its station. Some variation of roofing styles would be great.

I see potential in this thread.

Edited by Koasterking48