TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Applewood Valley Amusement Park WITH STORYLINE!!

UPDATE #4 IS HERE!! GO CHECK IT OUT!

Background- the following project will be an RCT3 park I will be constructing with an exciting storyline. The park is situated in Applewood Valley, Indiana. The set starting date is October 23, 1980. You will continue the park up to the current era and see it change. Both financially and chronologically the rides will be added. What I mean by this is, if the park is doing well, there will be more expensive rides built. If it's only 1990, I won't have a wing coaster in the park. I have created some characters that play various rolls in the storyline. So, without further ado, enjoy Applewood Valley Amusment Park!!

Matt Kreiger

Applewood Valley Amusemenent Park President

October 23, 1980

Today I was finally able to take a tour of the construction. Whew, it's coming along fast. I just hope we're good for opening day. Im assuming that the park is tidied up and all; after all we're testing the rides today.

Alright, so to start things off, I figured I'd show you guys the quick entrance plaza. Construction crew is still building the front gates, so thats a no-go zone. We'll be designing the park' promos here on these boards.

Next off, we have The Whip, manufactured by W.F. Mangels. This was a 20,000 USD investment, which we were able to buy and refurbish from a seller in Philadelphia. The ride runs like new and should be a good moderate thrill ride for opening day. We are running a fast pass system as well with this ride, as we expect heavy rider traffic on this.

http://imgur.com/s0jFbAI,o3nAR49,pWYrViX,xrLAne8,FctCEds#2

As to pay back to local business, Applewood Valley Amusement Park will support vendorship all through the 1980 season. We will need vendors as per follows- hot dog (4), popcorn (1) soda/lemonades (2) miscellaneous/crafts (2) .

Me testing out Crossroads, a Vintage-style family motorized car ride. This should be fun for kids of all ages, and a timeless treasure.

Taking a stroll through the back of the park will reveal a huge secret. Work has already begun on a brand-new thrill ride, sure o bring attention-seekers from all around to see the magnificence. I can't reveal much more, but the picture should say a thousand words.

finally at the end of today, I was able to get a quick ride on The Whip. I have to say, she runs smooth. I was a bit surprised by the slickness of the ride as well, the crew did a fantastic job with getting her back up to par.

Until next time..

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW ON WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PARK!!

Edited by coaster6

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Kline

I'd really appreciate if you'd use a more original character.

Overall, nice looking start. I can see that my work has somehow influenced this place.

What company is the coaster from? Giovanola didn't manufacturer that type of track until 1985, and B&M didn't exist until 1990.

John Kline

I'd really appreciate if you'd use a more original character.

Overall, nice looking start. I can see that my work has somehow influenced this place.

What company is the coaster from? Giovanola didn't manufacturer that type of track until 1985, and B&M didn't exist until 1990.

It's actually a company called TOGO based in Japan. They did one back in I believe 1976 or around that time. I read about the stand up design online and tried to do a low-cost one. I do admit I was influenced by your parks design but I have the flats from Knobles and the rest was influenced by multiple other parks including those of Alloria's, davidindallas, and others. Going back and looking at your thread I did take the idea of a storyline. Hey, if you want me to take it down say so, but I just want you to know only the storyline and midway setup was influenced.

I don't mind the influence at all. It honestly is wonderful to see that my park has inspired someone else, this is really something special. I'm looking forward to how this plays out.

Also, there is a togo stand up track. I suggest using that since it makes 10X more sense than the current one.

I don't mind the influence at all. It honestly is wonderful to see that my park has inspired someone else, this is really something special. I'm looking forward to how this plays out.

Also, there is a togo stand up track. I suggest using that since it makes 10X more sense than the current one.

Oh, and lol the John Kline thing was on purpose

Rhonda Roberts

Head of Marketing Department

Applewood Valley Amusement Park

May 25, 1980

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen,

The buzz surround our very own Applewood Valley has been flying around for quite some time now. Everybody's excited for the new park opening tomorrow. As head of Marketing, I figured I'd get you all excited for tomorrow's grande opening. We'll start off the day at 8:45 am for the dedication of the park. Our president will talk about our attractions. food, entertainment options, and 5 lucky guests will receive season passes!! After that, join us at Sips for a delicious breakfast, free of charge with an admission ticket. The rides officially open at 9:45 sharp, so make sure to get that sunscreen on!!

-Rhonda Roberts

Greg Maddox

Head Engineer

Pre-Opening Testing on Psychotic

May 26, 1980

Hello everybody! As part of a member of the Applewood Valley Amusment ParkStaff Crew; it is my duty to make sure every guest leaves the park with a shining smile. Accomplishing that goal isn't easy. It all starts about 2 hours before opening ever day. East staff crew member is assigned a different ride to tackle. Today, I will be preforming a routine safety check on Psychotic. We'll head on up the catwalk now.

Always a long climb up. We're required to wear a harness to ensure no injuries occur.

Got this shot as the coaster was climbing up. It's a surprisingly fast lift hill sat speeds exceeding 11 mph.

Going up..

It's an incredible view from up here. You can see the coaster's track spiraling down as well.

Figured I'd check on Italian Trapeze. She wasn't pup all this week until yesterday, but I was told she still isn't lifting properly. Probably an internal problem.

http://imgur.com/gcejycL,IgeoYf8,CUfMzOq,mzSuWft,ML9DGbT,PaSUl3s,8SnvFso#5

Ah it's nice without the opening day crowds. I've got to head over to the deication now though, they're opening the park in less than 2 hours!!

MEMORIAL DAY UPDATE WILL BE COMING LATER TODAY. STAY TUNED!!

Hello everybody. I would first off likee to say that a lot of progress has been made on the park. If the park seems "unfinished" especially in Main Street, it's because I'm planning new attractions. Please leave a comment on how you think the park is doing, and what you want to see me do to improve it.

Samantha Hemmingway

Indianapolis Resident

May 26, 1980

So today I decided to take a visit to the new park down I'm Applewood Valley. Nice town, calm people, no way would I ever imagine a theme park down there. You wouldn't believe my eyes when I got off that bus. Clean, pretty, and new. Anyway, let's get to the pictures.

We arrived at the parking lot around 9:00. We missed the dedication, but sunk into Sips for the free breakfast. tHe rides didn't open until 9:45, so I just toured around, checking out crew team testing them.

Good morning Applewood Valley Amusement Park!!

First ride was the Teacups. These were brand-spanking new and imported from Belgium. The wait was only 15 minuets. Definitely a intense model. Wouldn't recommend it for any kids under 9.

Of course I got stuck with two guys that tried to hit on me the entire ride. Luckily the one guy's wife was there, that shut them up.

I was really excited for the roller coaster. Apparently it's only the second-of-its kind!

A classic- The Whip. Unfortunately, this one was 45 minutes long. I grabbed an ice-cream and waited until the que was about down to 25 minutes.

On low- to moderate thrill rides, the park doesn't mind cameras on the ride. I admit to almost losing control of it on the ride lol.

Disney ripoff much?

They had one of those vintage car rides. You know, the ones you control yourself. They only had two cars running. Absolutley ridiculous!! Especially because that's what all the kiddies want to do. I had to reluctantly skip this one so there was still time for the roller coaster.

They had a tamer version of the Teacups. I skipped this one because i didn't need to waste my time on a kiddie ride.

Took this one while eating a homemade cinnamon bun. It's really neat how they do it. They have all these local vendors set up around the park where you can buy delicious food at very cheap prices.

The Trapeze were fine. Once again, I was allowed to bring a camera onboard.

My second- favorite ride of the day. This one was called the Flyer. Basically you could control your own little ship. It's a must-try for anyone, especially because there's no height requirement.

Before riding, you can actually try out the coaster's seats. This made some little kids very comfortable with the rides in front of me.

You can feel the excitement in the que. The ride goes all around it and I got some great shots. I'm glad they set it up this way. 1 hour and 15 minutes is a bit much for a roller coaster.

One more picture before riding.

Wow. After that long wait, I forgot this was a roller coaster. craziest thing of my life. I couldn't see, couldn't breathe. It was awesome. It was getting dark by the time I boarded and was black when we got back.

Bye, Applewood Valley Amusement Park! See you next year!!

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS UPDATE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FORUM!

The park looks good so far. My suggestions are to work on the scenery a little, and try to fit in some rides better. For instance, I don't think the airleon fits in to well. But overall nice job so far. I'm looking forward to this park.

Thanks for the feedback. Since the last update, I've gone back and placed more benches and accomdates. As for the rides. It's hard to get into perspective, but Main St. does a surprisingly good job of that. I think we have 5 rides just in the opening gates. However, over at Swiffer St, which I assume you're referring to, I did only get one side done. I didn't want to add the trees quite yet, as I would end up deleting half of them anyway.

I'm really PO'ed right now because I lost this entire report. Mind my spelling errors as I noe need to type this fast to get that part of my life back. Anyway, here's the next update. i'd really appreciate some more feedback. I now people are reading my posts, but I just wish I had more feedback. Anyway, enjoy the report!!

Chris Kursh

Reporter- The Applewood Valley Tattler

Wife and 2 daughters

June 16, 1981

About a year ago, I wrote an article on the brand-new theme park. I don't want to ruin the experience for some, but I hated it. I felt that the area wasn't clean and there wasn't enough scenery. Earlier this year, my eldest daughter was there with some friends. Of course, when she came back, the little one wanted to go, so we packed our bags and drove down Route 57. Enjoy the report!!

And here we are. Wow! Right off the bat, I can see they've been hard at work. New benches and paths had been added since last year. Trees have obviously been planted to hide some attractions and the park looked better.

Main St. looked good today as well. It was partly-cloudy all day, but we didn't mind.

The first ride- The Flying Elephants. Easily in my top 3 for the park. Really enjoyable, especially made it fantastic because it was my first time riding it. Another thing that kind of bothered me last year was the park's reliability was incredibly low. I don't think there were 5 rides running at a time last year!! All rides ran perfect all day.

Here's one of those drivable car rides. Only 2 cars running? Luckily, the crowds hadn't arrived yet and we got on after a meager 10 minutes.

Here's my favorite, the Whip. This ride didn't seem it, but it was very intense. Easily the best ride in the park.

Here's the new billboards and logo I was speaking about before. Cool!

The re-did all the scenery and vegetation back over at Flyers. Looks a ton better.

So the kids were really excited for the expansion this year, but it was closed! I was ready to go complain at the front desk. They give out all this hype, then kill it off. Really?

I took this while the kids were on the roller coaster. Great shot!!

Well, that's all I have for today. I'll be posting the article next Sunday!

PLEASE COMMENT ON WHAT MPROVEMENTS SHOULD BE MADE!!