TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand... http://www.nolimitscoaster.com , the official purchase site, is already updated and letting people buy NL2. But it contains no info about how to buy it at a discount price if you have NL1! I've been waiting for hours, looking everywhere... can't find anythng of the sort.

I hope the .de website updates soon with how to get the discount. I want to buy it already!

Got the demo working, but I'm suffering massive fps drops at the moment, especially when running with the window as large as possible, reducing it helps a lot to be honest.

As a reference then my computer have the same spec as the recommended one for NL2, but the difference is that I'm pushing about twice as many pixels due to a 1440p screen (I would think that the recommended screen size is 1080p).

I have figured out much on where the stuff is in the editor (just needs to learn the quick key for them), the navigation around the editor and settings/menus are pretty similar to the object editor I use. But I have no idea on how to actually make a track. I get the station one sorted pretty easily, but I can't build any further than that. No matter how I try, I always screws up that one section. The adding of track is much different compared to NL1.

YAY, I managed to build a complete coaster

I really starting to get the hang of it, now I get really interested with the full version. Might still go for a computer upgrade as I have planned

A question to the NL crew, what is more important a fast CPU or GPU? Meaning, what is the FPS more dependant on in terms of performance.

Can't wait to get home to see how it performs... My computer is quite powerful, but may require some upgrading as I am a max-out-settings kind of guy. Currently I can max out everything in NL1 on a 24" screen and regardless of size, FPS never comes off 60FPS (my refresh rate of my screen). I have never seen it ever move even with 3D stuff, textures, etc...

Hoping NL2 performs nearly as good... Currently running an overclocked quad-core processor at 4.5Ghz (from 3.4 I believe), 570GTX GPU (also overclocked), 16GB of DDR3 RAM at 1866Mhz and will be installed on my SSD (although that won't have any effect on performance of FPS).

I may need a newer GPU, which I will easily do if need be

I downloaded the demo. It looks fantastic, but man my computer is struggling big time with this new engine! (I'm running it on a late 2010 MacBook Pro through Bootcamp.)

Same. I'm working on testing it with Parallels and Wineskin right now.

I can't even figure out how to ride the coaster. It says press F4 for the control panel. When I do, I get the supports panel instead.

Just press e to cycle between views f4 is ride operator mode for dispatching your own trains transferring them to storage etc. Speaking of which the timberliners demo doesn't work for transfer, someone forgot to set a reverse option on the block brake, the other 2 sample tracks transfer system works fine though.

I'm in sort of a predicament here. Last night (11:30 PST) there was a brief moment where NL2 could be purchased. A handful of us including myself bought the game. I received license key but no download link. Fast forward to this morning, still nothing. I tried contacting No Limits (nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com and ol_l@nolimitscoaster.de , after doing some digging on the site) only to have the email bounce. So far, I'm not happy. Only means of communication seems to be through Facebook (which isn't happening too well/post is getting lost in the abyss of posts).

^^^ Thank you! I ended up closing the program and reopening it... And it worked 10x better. Lol.

I'm currently using the demo as the full version still has quite some time to download. While the editor in the demo has a lot of features disabled (obviously), I can't do a whole let yet, but what I can do, I'm astounded. This is an amazing program. On the tracks that came in the demo, it's super easy to run in manual mode, transfer off trains, etc. I'm so impressed. The developers have done an astounding job.

Ok here's something on the demo, I already mentioned how I can't get the transfer track to reverse a train full stop on the timberliners, i tried experimenting with the dive machine to get all 4 trains stored away, I start the sim and move train two into the furthest away shed and move it back twice so its in the far corner of the shed. I then send the transfer track back, i put train 3 on it and the switch just stops working it wont let me put away another train. It'll let me move a train off it to the station but I just can't move it right again with a car on it.

Considering how much time and effort the NL team has put into this I think it is a great value even without any discount so I bought it this morning before leaving for work.

It was chugging along on the download. Hopefully it will be all set by the time I get home.

I have not been able to do anything on the demo. I am scared to spend $45 that may or may not work. If I can't get the demo to run, then what are the chances that I will actually get the full version to work. I literally can not even get into see the timberliner park or any other park, it makes me abort and gives me hundreds (literally) of error messages.

Cyrus

Cyrus, the demo and full game use the same engine so you can expect similar performance. NL2 is a demanding piece of software that may overwhelm older desktop or mobile graphics hardware. But play with the settings and make sure that you are running that latest drivers for your video card before throwing in the towel.

Totally looking forward to NL2, I downloaded the demo and there is a ton of lag. I have a laptop that is less than a few months old with an i5 processor and 8gb of ram on windows 8. I think it should be fine, not sure why it is laggy. If anyone has any suggestions let me know, I really want to get the full version but I need to get the demo to run haha.