TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Fresno Vista Amusement Park

Hey guys! Been a while since I've done any park stuff on RCT3 ever since my scenic abilities increased to the point where it'd be too hard to renovate Americana Adventureland. So, I've started a new park called Fresno Vista Amusement Park. This park is based in Fresno, California in 1984. I've worked about 2 weeks to get to my current point, but that's only because the rate I'm going at is slow due to finals. Here is the first report that will (again) be from the park owner's perspective.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, people! I'm here to show you the theme park I own that opened just this year, called Fresno Vista Amusement Park. We have 7 rides so far, including 3 roller coasters. We also have 2 restaurants, the Orchard House and the Vista Cafe. Don't worry we will expand! Here are some pictures:

Shot0105.bmp

Welcome!

Shot0106.bmp

As you walk up to the gate, you see this pretty view.

Shot0107.bmp

Here is the right ticket building. (Editor's note: The signs will be changed to "Tickets")

Shot0108.bmp

Here is the left.

Shot0109.bmp

This is the turnstile building.

Shot0110.bmp

A shot down our fairly short but effective midway.

Shot0111.bmp

Here is the Orchard House, containing various food options.

Shot0112.bmp

A shot looking towards the entrance.

Shot0113.bmp

We liked the idea of centering Looping Star's loop with the midway and the fountain.

Shot0114.bmp

Here is Looping Star, our main attraction. It is 80 feet tall, reaches 48 mph, and has almost 2000 feet of track! Very intense.

Shot0115.bmp

The entrance for Looping Star.

Shot0116.bmp

The ride has a switchback in the middle of the coaster, providing nice views.

Shot0117.bmp

The backside of Looping Star's station, looking at a nice planter.

Shot0118.bmp

Isn't it pretty?

Shot0119.bmp

What's that through the trees?

Shot0120.bmp

The park's Carousel!

Shot0121.bmp

Nice little area.

Shot0122.bmp

Astro Wheel!

Shot0123.bmp

No line! Score!

Shot0124.bmp

Octopus flat ride.

Shot0125.bmp

Little Dipper is the park's wooden coaster.

Shot0126.bmp

Here is the nice little line.

Shot0127.bmp

Engaging the lift hill!

Shot0128.bmp

Overview of Little Dipper.

Shot0129.bmp

Backside.

Shot0130.bmp

Another angle.

Shot0133.bmp

Happy Mountain is the park's kiddie coaster.

Shot0134.bmp

It's one of the first of it's kind.

Shot0135.bmp

Pretty picture.

Shot0136.bmp

The last ride we have is Fighter Planes, next to the Vista Cafe.

Shot0138.bmp

Fighter Planes through Looping Star.

Shot0139.bmp

Vista Cafe!

Shot0140.bmp

Not much in this area, yet! ;)

Shot0141.bmp

Looks like it's time to leave. Se you all next update!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thoughts? Anything needing improvements?

Edited by IronWolfman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is looking really good, You have a smartly designed layout and a well balanced use of custom scenery. The only thing I notice is where your entrances and exits meet up with the main midways, delete the path boarder that separates the two paths, for example see the below picture.

shot0136_1.jpg.cbe395814729bf91f54ca12013903f67.jpg

The red circles.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Very appreciated. Here with my first update.

I just realized that last time I forgot to introduce myself! How rude of me. My name is Berik Mikingston. Anyways, I have some more pictures to show you!

Shot0105.bmp

Welcome back!

Shot0106.bmp

We recently won an award for being one of the most beautiful parks in the country. You can see why.

Shot0107.bmp

As you can see here, we updated the paths so people would stop tripping over our green path-edges when entering and leaving rides & shops.

Shot0108.bmp

Cool fact about Little Dipper: You get sent around twice!

Shot0109.bmp

Now for some pretty pictures.

Shot0110.bmp

Shot0111.bmp

Shot0112.bmp

Shot0113.bmp

Shot0114.bmp

Time to leave once again. Hope you enjoyed the update!

I might not update for a little while because this week is finals. Again, feedback appreciated!

Update 2!

Hello again, Berik here. It's been a while since I updated you, because it is now the beginning of our 2nd season! This update is primarily to show you our first addition, Americups! It is a tea cups ride with a carnival-tent style roof. The park is very excited for Americups, as it is our 8th ride. Here are some pictures:

Shot0105.bmp

The locals are happily familiarizing themselves with this view.

Shot0106.bmp

Can't resist this shot!

Shot0107.bmp

Such a pretty park. What's that in the background?

Shot0108.bmp

Americups!

Shot0109.bmp

It is a fantastic family flat ride.

Shot0110.bmp

It wasn't too expensive either, which is a plus for the park.

Shot0111.bmp

Lots of people enjoying the new hotness.

Shot0112.bmp

We added this over by Little Dipper since that area had an empty spot.

Shot0113.bmp

FVAP is very beautiful.

Shot0114.bmp

Happy Mountain!

Shot0115.bmp

Relaxing area.

Shot0116.bmp

Time to leave once again! See you all next update.

I think Americups fits in very well. What about you all?

Fresno is like an hour from where I live at. I'm excited for this thread; it already looks better than the sad excuse for a theme park Fresno had. Not sure if only the zoo is open now actually.

Both Storybookland and Playland are still opened. I wouldn't call them theme parks though, they are more kiddie parks.

Looking at this, if Playland did have the space and the money I think it could have turned into this. Nice job.

^Thanks. Here's update #3!

Here are some pictures from late 1985, and the 1986 new ride announcement!

Shot0107.bmp

Obligatory photo!

Shot0106.bmp

Isn't this nice?

Shot0108.bmp

Must be a slow day.

Shot0109.bmp

Americups area.

Shot0110.bmp

Hey it's Happy Mountain!

Shot0111.bmp

Little Dipper is also having a slow day...

Shot0112.bmp

Pretty picture.

Shot0113.bmp

Another go on Looping Star!

Shot0114.bmp

2 nice flats that are semi-popular.

Shot0115.bmp

Americups through the trees.

Shot0116.bmp

Time to go once again! As for the announcement, our new ride for 1986 is....

554563110_Freefallconceptart.thumb.jpg.fd53efb96fe24e5245146fc1603ccbe8.jpg

FREEFALL!! This is the ride concept. It is 130 ft tall, making Looping Star, the park's current tallest ride, only 2/3 the height of Freefall. The ride will plummet about 100 ft with 60 ft of that being completely vertical. It will reach speeds of up to 55 mph, making it the park's fastest ride. Freefall will open on the park's opening day in March 1986.

Freefall.jpg.061daddfb1eeda5fdfff149c63d8ba6e.jpg

Freefall logo!

We here at Fresno Vista are very excited for our first super thrilling addition, and we think you all will love it!

Since I love the freefall CFR, I just had to use it on this park. Feedback appreciated!

Thanks! Update #4, 1986!

Hello, Berik here to show you pictures of opening day 1986, with Freefall!

Shot0105.bmp

Welcome again to Fresno Vista!

Shot0106.bmp

Something is different here..

Shot0107.bmp

Getting closer...

Shot0108.bmp

Here it is! Freefall!! Located near the exit of Looping Star.

Shot0109.bmp

This ia a brand-new Intamin ride!

Shot0110.bmp

The anticipation..

Shot0111.bmp

It's a terrifying ride, which is why it's so popular among teens and adults.

Shot0112.bmp

Many riders considered it their favorite ride!

Shot0113.bmp

You quickly go up an elevator shaft..

Shot0115.bmp

Slowly get pushed forwards...

Shot0116.bmp

Then you plummet at speeds of up to 55 mph!

Shot0117.bmp

We are sure Freefall will be a hit!

Shot0118.bmp

The new skyline at Fresno Vista.

Shot0119.bmp

That's it for now!

Hope you liked the update! Feedback as always is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating for a while, I'm waiting on a CT.

It's late in the season here in 1986, so I'll show you just a little update.

Shot0105.bmp

You should recognize this by now. :)

Shot0106.bmp

Looping Star doing it's thing.

Shot0107.bmp

Really is a nice ride.

Shot0108.bmp

Sneak shot of Freefall.

Shot0109.bmp

Happy Mountain looks like it's ready to go!

Shot0110.bmp

Hey it's Little Dipper!

Shot0111.bmp

Time to go! See you next update!

So for 1987, we've been working with a famous roller coaster company for a brand new attraction next year! We aren't going to announce what it is, so you'll just have to wait till our next update!

What do you think this brand new roller coaster will be?

Where the hell did you get the Intamin First Gen Freefall from?! I could have used it for Tennessees Great America when they had Espionage from 1981 to 1995....

I think the park looks great though. My only issue is that I think that you're kind of overdoing it on the NL imported tracks...Don't get me wrong, they look excellent it's just that (and this is my opinion alone) they're no fun. I find it a lot more fun when you're building and theming a roller coaster using the default tracks, even when they don't look 100% realistic.

^You can find the Freefall CFR here: http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1904

On the subject of my use of CT's, well, I really prefer their realism and looks. Yes using in-game tracks could be considered more fun/interesting, but I honestly hate how ugly they look. One of the reasons I didn't play RCT3 at all during my middle school years is because how hideous I think the in-game coasters are. It takes a while to make an in-game track actually look good and even then most can't compare to how a CT would look in the same place. CT's may be barely customize-able and less effort (if you didn't go into NL, make the track yourself, then go to the process of importing it, blah blah blah) but I prefer them 100x to in-game tracks. And, with the number of CT's growing and even customize-able versions being released as they become more advanced (see Coaster-Inc's Impulse CT, SLC CT, and Flying Dutchman CT), I honestly only like using CT's. Yes I'll do In-game tracks from time to time, but personally it'll only be smaller stuff, like Little Dipper seen here at FVAP or a kiddie coaster that you'll see when I start the thread for another one of my parks I am currently working on. Thanks for the feedback, though!

Here is Update #6, 1987!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey it's Berik here, and I'd love to show you pictures of opening day of FVAP's new coaster, Cyclone!

Shot0107.bmp

Welcome!

Shot0108.bmp

As you can see, not much has changed from the front entrance view.

Shot0109.bmp

They have extended the path past the Vista Cafe.

Shot0110.bmp

Here it is, Cyclone!

Shot0111.bmp

Cyclone is a brand new Arrow Dynamics looping coaster, and is currently the tallest roller coaster in the world! It will soon be tied for that record when it's sister coaster, Vortex, opens at Kings Island next month in April.

Shot0112.bmp

Cyclone stands 148ft tall with a 138ft drop. It reaches speeds of over 55 mph! It has almost 4000ft of track. It is slightly longer than it's sister coaster due to different station and brake run placement.

Shot0113.bmp

The ride's massive switchback has a very modern looking cover. The switchback was able to be placed here because of the extra space provided from the brake run configuration, unlike Vortex.

Sorry I accidentally hit "Submit".

Shot0115.bmp

The ride has an elevated turn at it's high point, giving nice views.

Shot0116.bmp

Then it sends you speeding down the drop at 55 degrees!

Shot0117.bmp

It's second turn is taller than Looping Star!

Shot0118.bmp

It flings you through it's intense double loop.

Shot0119.bmp

It has a turn before the MCBR that is high above the ride station.

Shot0120.bmp

It has a double corkscrew that goes through the double loop!

Shot0121.bmp

After that it throws you into a batwing.

Shot0122.bmp

The coaster ends with a forceful helix.

Shot0124.bmp

The coaster is so massive that the ride and the new path area it's on has nearly doubled the size of FVAP. We think the ride will be a hit!

Shot0125.bmp

There is a new bathroom building across from the entrance of Cyclone.

Shot0127.bmp

Lucky for Looping Star, it's loop is still the main centerpiece of the park.

Shot0129.bmp

That's it for now!

What do you think of FVAP getting Cyclone? And yes, djboss3012, I will add more family rides in the park's near future.

^^Will do.

^Thanks! Yeah, Cyclone was meant to be a larger scale investment type similar to that new Zierer coaster in Austria(?) that goes around the entire little park. This isn't that extreme, but doubling the park size was pretty crazy for me.

More feedback is appreciated!

Update #7.

Hey all! A look at the park from later in the 1987 season.

Shot0128.bmp

What a view!

Shot0129.bmp

The nice midway.

Shot0130.bmp

The park has been doing very well recently, mainly because of Cyclone.

Shot0131.bmp

A picture from the exit of Looping Star.

Shot0132.bmp

Today has been slower, as you can see by FreeFall's line.

Shot0133.bmp

Happy Mountain has been a kiddie favorite since opening.

Shot0134.bmp

As you can see in this picture, AstroWheel (along with the rest of the rides) got chain links at their ride boarding entrances so people can no longer try to walk into a ride area while it's operating.

Shot0135.bmp

Octopus is a very fun family ride.

Shot0136.bmp

Haven't seen much of Little Dipper in a while. Still fun though!

Shot0137.bmp

Fancy Shot.

Shot0138.bmp

Cyclone has also been doing very well, though today it is quiet.

Shot0139.bmp

It's line recently got updated so that you don't have to walk through the whole switchback on a slow day.

Shot0140.bmp

Guests love the 6 inversions on Cyclone, the most in the world (Along with it's sister coaster).

Shot0141.bmp

This batwing is one of the most intense parts of the ride.

Shot0142.bmp

When the ride hits it's brakes, most people have already decided that Cyclone is their favorite coaster!

Shot0143.bmp

Soon the park will be adding rides to Cyclone's area, making it less lonely.

Shot0145.bmp

Many love the view from the top of the world's tallest roller coaster (along with it's sister coaster)!

Shot0146.bmp

See you next time!

Can't wait for next year!

Feedback is nice!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, here's update #8.

Berik here, and oh my goodness it has been quite a while since I've updated you! 2 operating seasons, in fact! Here at FVAP we've just started our 1990 season and I would like to show you pictures, including those of 3 new rides that have been built since Cyclone. Most of the pictures of those 3 rides will be from their opening years. For 1988 we opened Oinkers!, a spinning flat ride for families! In 1989, our 5th anniversary, we opened Fresno Flume, an Arrow Dynamics log flume. It has the steepest drop of any log ride, sending you down a 60ft drop at 60 degrees!This year we opened Pirate Peril, a swinging ship ride! Hope you enjoy these pictures from an amazing 1990 opening day!

Shot0129.bmp

Welcome back!

Shot0130.bmp

Here is Oinkers! from 1988.

Shot0131.bmp

It is an adorable little family ride.

Shot0132.bmp

Here is Oinkers! in 1989 with the then brand-new Fresno Flume!

Shot0134.bmp

The 65ft tall Fresno Flume reaches 40 mph on the main drop.

Shot0135.bmp

It has a very nice placement in the park, by Cyclone and Oinkers!.

Shot0136.bmp

It has a relatively simple layout. 1 long lift and 2 short lifts, with 3 drops.

Shot0137.bmp

Our newest attraction, Pirate Peril, is located by Happy Mountain and Freefall.

Shot0138.bmp

It is a large family ride.

Shot0139.bmp

The ride in almost full swing!

Shot0141.bmp

Lastly I leave you with this pretty picture.

Stay tuned for a new major attraction next year!

What do you think the new ride will be?

^ Here is update 9.

Hey viewers! We have a new roller coaster this year! You'll just have to see my pictures to find out what it is!

Shot0142.bmp

The walk way up to the entrance!

Shot0143.bmp

Obligtatory Picture!

Shot0144.bmp

Very nice area of the park.

Shot0145.bmp

The world's steepest log flume!

Shot0146.bmp

Cyclone being the huge, popular ride it its. What's that in the background?

Shot0147.bmp

Freefall doing it's thing.

Shot0149.bmp

Pirate Peril is also doing well.

Shot0150.bmp

Happy Mountain!

Shot0151.bmp

Something's different here..

Shot0153.bmp

This year's new ride is Python!

Shot0154.bmp

And it is....

Shot0155.bmp

A 100ft tall B&M standing coaster!

Shot0156.bmp

This ride has a very similar layout to Iron Wolf which recently opened at Six Flags Great America.

Shot0157.bmp

It's main differences are some track shaping and the lack of the dip in the spine on the straight track before the corkscrew element.

Shot0158.bmp

The coaster flies around it's layout at around 55 mph!

Shot0159.bmp

The ride has two inversions, a vertical loop and this, a corkscrew/flat spin.

Shot0160.bmp

There is also a moment where you can get wet by a water sprayer!

Shot0162.bmp

Python is an awesome new experience, and many love the ride!

Shot0163.bmp

Here is the ride's station.

Shot0164.bmp

Python is definitely going to be a hit!

Shot0165.bmp

That's the end of this update, see you next time!

Hope you enjoyed Python! Check in next update in 1992 for another new ride!