TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Fresno Vista Amusement Park

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KoasterKing48: I might have to do that. Thanks for the suggestion & feedback!

@Geauga Dog: I thought that the park getting an Arrow mega looper was more unique/unusual/weird than getting the stand-up, but I see were you are coming from. Yes, the park is receiving 3 flats in upcoming years (up to 1995), one for 1992, one for 1993, & one for 1995. The year 1994 will be special though.

@tarheel1231 & @IrishCasual: I would love to do POV's, but my computer can't run this park very well (only 5-10 fps at most times) so the POV's would be too laggy, Sorry.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy 10th Update!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Berik Mikingston here again, this time to show you some pictures from our 1992 season! These include our new-for-1992 ride, RPM, a used Shwarzkopf enterprise! RPM is Fresno Vista's first inverting flat ride so it is quite exciting! Enjoy:

Shot0153.bmp

Welcome back to Fresno Vista!

Shot0154.bmp

Looping Star is still a popular family looping coaster.

Shot0155.bmp

Rare picture of Looping Star's loop and the Midway from the other direction!

Shot0157.bmp

Cyclone's area still takes up about a third of the entire park!

Shot0158.bmp

Cyclone is probably going to be the park's most popular ride for a long time.

Shot0159.bmp

Must be a slow day today.

Shot0160.bmp

Fresno Flume is still dropping riders at a 60 degree angle!

Shot0161.bmp

Freefall is one of the scariest rides in the park.

Shot0163.bmp

RPM is located by Pirate Peril, and it is a very exciting attraction!

Shot0164.bmp

Python flies right past RPM!

Shot0165.bmp

The coaster has done very well with the public.

Shot0166.bmp

Pretty picture.

Shot0167.bmp

Time to head out once again!

We are building a new flat ride next year, but you have to wait and see what it is.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think the new flat ride is? Feedback appreciated!

@willthegolfer: Haha nope, it's something else. Yes the tracks were imported from No Limits (except for the kiddie [which is a hand-made CT by SteelRides,] and the woodie), the stand-up and the looping star were imported by Cinipaes and the mega looper was imported by Coaster-Inc.

@tarheel1231: Thanks! That means a lot actually.

Hello guests, we're back from a day late in the 1993 season! The park built some new things, and you can see them here:

Shot0163.bmp

Hello! (Author's Note: I finally got peeps walking in this section by using a peep generator CS piece.)

Shot0164.bmp

Midway 1993.

Shot0165.bmp

Looping Star is a walk-on today!

Shot0166.bmp

Cyclone still shows it's dominance over the park.

Shot0167.bmp

Fresno Flume.

Shot0168.bmp

This area of the park has generally stayed the same.

Shot0169.bmp

Python is still flipping people while standing up!

Shot0170.bmp

This is the area that was expanded (again).

Shot0172.bmp

Along with RPM and Pirate Peril..

Shot0173.bmp

The area now has a restroom building..

Shot0174.bmp

A food center..

Shot0175.bmp

And Tilt-A-Whirl! A new family ride.

Shot0176.bmp

It spins you and up to 3 other people around rapidly in each individual tub.

Shot0177.bmp

This section of the park is quickly becoming more crowded.

Shot0178.bmp

You may be wondering what this HUGE piece of cleared land is for...

Shot0179.bmp

Well for the park's 10th anniversary, we are building a new large wooden coaster named Gunslinger!

Shot0180.bmp

I wish I could say more, but all I can note is that the skyline of Fresno Vista will be changed forever!

Are you excited for Gunslinger? You should be! You'll have to wait and see how big of a ride this thing will be!

Feedback appreciated!

EDIT: To let you all know, right after this I finally decided to turn on the out-of-park trees option and the background options, so now it doesn't look like Fresno Vista is completely in the middle of nowhere.

Wow great park!

I adore the entrance area, so much detail to be found.

Overall, rides are placed well and draw attention to themselves. Creating good traffic flow. That stand up was a great choice (albeit the arrow was a bit much), fits in perfect with the rest of your park. I'm also glad Fresno Vista is expanding it's flat ride selection, I always like to see parks focus on these. Fresno Flume however, doesn't exactly look all that appealing. It has potential, some theming would go a long way for it. I feel like it's being under-utilized. Pirate Peril, could also use some TLC in the foliage department as well. Either way, they are both great additions, nice choices.

Two things that strike me odd about this place: lack of foliage & plain terrain textures

Gunslinger looks interesting, that's if it's only going on that "brown" spot. A good 90's compact woodie sounds great!

@tarheel1231, SFGAmFan1976, & boughtontroy: Thanks!

@JohnnyRCT3: Thanks! I am slowly improving on foliage and will include more terrain textures soon.

Wow, Gunslinger seems even larger in person than we could have ever planned! Though it is only a foot shorter than Cyclone, Gunslinger looks much larger with it's massive wooden super structure. Reaching into the air 147ft and reaching speeds of over 60mph, this new wooden coaster is sure to be a hit! We designed this ride in-house at FVAP though all the ride parts and construction was done by PTC. We also based the ride off of the Mr. Twister roller coaster at Elitch Gardens in Colorado. Now onto pictures of some employees testing the attraction a day before it opened, on Memorial day 1994:

Shot0172.bmp

Something's majorly different here..

Shot0173.bmp

Gunslinger!

Shot0174.bmp

The logo.

Shot0175.bmp

You have to climb up this elaborate set of stairs to get to the ride, which is why the ride is unfortunately non-wheel chair accessible.

Shot0176.bmp

The ride is very massive, rivaling Cyclone.

Shot0177.bmp

It has huge turnarounds..

Shot0178.bmp

And unparalleled helices...

Shot0179.bmp

Gunslinger's main double helix is main element of the ride, circling around the station.

Shot0180.bmp

The ride also has 2 tunnels, this being the second.

Shot0181.bmp

The ride has it's dominant presence by Freefall, which received a repaint this year.

Shot0182.bmp

I'll end with this picture of Cyclone.

Gunslinger and Cyclone are going to be the main attractions of FVAP for a long time running! In the mean time, next year we will be adding a HUSS breakdance and a food court over by Cyclone to expand that area again, so stay tuned!

What do you all think of Gunslinger? I think it changes the game for FVAP once again. Feedback is again appreciated!

I really like Gunslinger, a much welcome addition in a park full of steel. Looks like a Mr. Twister (old Elitch's) clone.

Out of curiosity you said you import the coasters from No Limits, which I would have never thought was possible. Do you need to have No Limits to do this or can you download and import the file into RCT3 without it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...