TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

KingRCT3's NoLimits creations

A suggestion, if you have a crap ton of time on your hands: When making a POV video, you can mimic the gondola section by making a stop motion (up to 30 FPS even) by modifying the .3DS file of the ski lift so that the gondola shifts position a little each frame, and then the rest can be direct video export.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

NL2 is just awesome...

Here is the first ride I made with it, called Ramses. It's a Zierer-inspired family coaster.

I just love that shot.

For my second small project/experimentation, I decided to make a RMC wooden coaster (you might have seen it in the Crazy Idea thread).

From that pic, it looks like another casual RMC wooden.

But it's not.

Indeed,

It's a world first.

Let me indroduce you...

To the first ever...

Flying wooden coaster

Supports for now are the auto-generated ones, and obviously this kind of coaster would need a 100% custom structure, which I'm not ready to do by myself.

Hope you enjoyed it, and I think it's not as unrealistic as it sounds, and could be rather interesting in real life!

Edited by KingRCT3

• 2 weeks later...

It's time for some miscellaneous creations of mine...

When one isn't enough, here is a double spiral-lift!

And here it is with its finale support structure.

Storyline time : This is the Tree of Lifeâ„¢. The coaster represent two brothers, who are twins and thus share the same DNA (*hint hint* the spiral thing in the middle *hint hint*), and then I don't know, but drops, twists and woo-hoo.

-----

On another topic, here's an El Loco with a one of a kind first-drop:

You make some of the most unique rides! I actually downloaded The Edge at NL-E a few weeks ago, after looking (and failing) to find some NL2 coasters. As I said in my review, I sincerely hope you can make the entirety of the ride (i.e. the chair lift section) a reality in NL2 (using scripting and such). Also Ramses is a fantastic little ride as well.

• 4 weeks later...

^ For now, making The Edge into NL2 is not possible sadly... I'll have to wait for an update (and actually learn scripting too, by the way!). Thanks for your comment otherwise!

Today is the release of Raveen, the RMC Flying Wooden coaster!

Download :

NoLimits Exchange

CoasterCrazy

Direct Link

Enjoy your flight.

Edited by KingRCT3

• 1 month later...

^ Thanks!

Here's a bunch of picture of my latest coaster, which is a Gerstlauer launch coaster inspired by Lynet.

Note that everything is made out of supports, no 3Ds involved. And it's also my first NL2 handbuild track.

Hope you like it so far!

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the station with a real roof:

As an extra, here is a prototype I made the other day:

This is the launch. And the brake run.

This is the lift. And the brake run.

Confused?..

This is the very first coaster that is able to run the track on both directions! Choose your side: Lift? Or launch?

And you guessed it: when one train is on the layout, the other is waiting on its station thanks to a transfert track.

If you choose the lift side, take a place in the orange train (currently boarding here). The transfert track will slide and align with the track. Climb up the lift, weee all over the airtime hills and turns, then get slowed down and get back to station.

If you choose the launch side, take your seat in the red train. The launch will give you enough power to fly over the layout and get up at the top of the lift hill. Get back slowly to the station by the slope.

This is for visual only and doesn't work in NL2, yet I am able to test the layout on both directions.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, not sure if this is just me, or youtubes video compression, but it looks like that zero-g roll after the launch is hit with way too much speed... I'm not really sure how easy it is to change the speed of the launch, but from the looks of it a drop in speed of about 4-5 MPH would probably help the realism of the ride, not to mention the spines of the people riding

• 5 months later...

While I've put my Cthulhulossus (own version of Twisted Colossus) on hold, I'm still having random ideas. Made the latest one this morning on NL2 and it worked pretty well!

TD1.thumb.jpg.bd03371f670e79510583d3d2cf2e7af3.jpg

That's because there's a twist! Literally!

TD2.thumb.jpg.748e954740db2d67dc6edd514c74280b.jpg

Cool pic passing by.

TD3.thumb.jpg.fc9b5388ed18d5d8adeb67823bbdd837.jpg

It looks like a Takabisha-style drop. But I don't see track at the bottom..? (more obvious while onride...)