TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Milwaukee Adventure (NCSO)

Hello, I've created many RCT2 parks, but never posted them to Theme Park Review. So, these photos were taken in March 1969 before the parks debut season.

1967:Jeff Wilson, owner of Wilson Entertainment, announces plans to build an amusenment park to open in the Milwaukee area by 1969. "There are so many theme parks in the Chicago area, why not one in Milwaukee?" Said Jeff Wilson, CEO and Presidant of Wilson Entertainment Corp.

1968:Construction officially begins for Milwaukee Adventure.The ground has been leveled, and ride parts are coming in! Jeff Wilson expects ride announcements to be made sometime in the winter.

March 1969 Construction is officially completed! Let's check out the rides!

SCR25.BMP

Here is American Plaza, the area that the guests will enter immediately upon entarance to the park. The rides are American Caousel, a PTC carousel, American Scrambler, an Eli Bridge Scrambler, and Sky Tower, an Intamin Sky Tower (Any sugeestions for a new name would be great).

SCR27.BMP

Here we have a Fun House and a Chance swinging ship.

SCR28.BMP

Here is the station for the Log Flume (name will be chnged soon), An Arrow Dynamics Log Flume.

SCR29.BMP

The Log Flume's layout.

SCR31.BMP

Here is the layout for Ford Thunderbirds, an Arrow Dynamics car ride.

SCR32.BMP

Here is the Mega Dipper, a wooden roller coaster desinged by John Allen of the Philadelphia Tobbagon Company. It is 80 ft. tall and reaches speeds of 45 mph.

SCR33.BMP

Mega Dipper's layout.

SCR34.BMP

Here is Maniac Mine Train, a mine train coaster built by Arrow Dynamics. It reacches a height of 45 ft. and speeds of up to 30 mph, which is perfect for a family coaster.

SCR35.BMP

Maniac Mine Train's layout.

SCR36.BMP

This is Dragon Wagon, a junior coaster for those who aren't brave enough to try Maniac Mine Train.

SCR37.BMP

Here is Kiddy land, the section of the park designed for the little ones!

SCR38.BMP

Hungry, any one?

SCR39.BMP

The Milwaukee Wheel, an Intamin ferris wheel.

SCR40.BMP

And finally, the park's layout. Next Update: Opening day 1969! Comments and Criticism appreciated!

Edited by djboss302

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Update!

First-to highlight a few things I changed: I decided to add variation to trees like you guys said, and some more theming to Maniac Mine Train. I also didn't like how the train went over American Plaza, so I decided to make it go under American Plaza.

Otherwise, it's opening day 1969!

First let's get started with the changes:

SCR42.BMP

See how the tain goes under instead of over this time.

SCR43.BMP

See that there is more variation in trees. I intend to add more variation for the next update.

SCR46.BMP

It's opening day! First, let's checkout American Plaza! I think the guests like the coasters more...

SCR44.BMP

Maniac Mine Train was sending out full loads for most of the day....

SCR45.BMP

But as predicted, Mega Dipper was the most popular ride at the park!

SCR47.BMP

Dragon Wagon was popular as well, for whatever reason

SCR48.BMP

Another shot of Maniac Mine Train

SCR49.BMP

A new mountain was added to the ride's terrain.

SCR50.BMP

A final turn over water was added to the ride for effect...

SCR51.BMP

Ford Thunderbirds was popular as well.

SCR52.BMP

Fun House has been getting no love? Hopefully that will change soon...

SCR53.BMP

A new restaraunt was added to Kiddy Land, called Kiddy Cafe.

SCR54.BMP

Just to show you how popular Mega Dipper is.

SCR55.BMP

Log Flume is now "Fox River Adventure."

SCR56.BMP

The "Splash Zone."

SCR57.BMP

Hmmmmm, wonder what the new attraction for 1970 could be? Well that's all for this update. Next update: 1970! Comments and Criticism appreciated!

Edited by djboss302

New update: 1970!

The new ride for 1970 was announced in September of 1969

The new ride for 1970: Dodgems!

Dodgems is a bumper car flat ride made by Soli where guests drive in cars on an electric floor. and bump into each other! Opening next spring!

1970: Construction is completed! Let's check out some pics!

SCR59.BMP

Dodgems before opening.

SCR60.BMP

Dodgems is now OPEN!!!!!

SCR62.BMP

Dodgems is getting popular!

SCR63.BMP

The Haunted house is pretty popular. It is viewed as one of the best walk-through attractions in the country!

SCR61.BMP

From the looks of it, it looks like it could be either a dark ride, restaurant, or a show coming in 1971. Well, that's all for this update. Comments and criticism appreciated! Next update:1971-1972!

• 2 weeks later...

New Update: 1971-1972!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting much. My family and I was recently out of town visiting Tennessee (No, I did not visit Dollywood , but I did visit Holiday World on the way there). Anyway, let's get moving with the update!

SCR64.BMP

In 1971, a new restaraunt was added called the Fox River Grill.

SCR65.BMP

Dodgems was even more popular this year than it was last year!

SCR68.BMP

Jump to 1972: Fox River Adventure is still very popular, and some improvements were made to the boats in 1972.

SCR69.BMP

Mega Dipper is still the most popular ride at the park, but that may change soon...

SCR70.BMP

This is one of my favorite elements on the coaster. Where you go through an airtime hill with the roof over it, so you feel like your head is about to hit the ceiling.

SCR72.BMP

Maniac Mine Train's head chopper is pretty epic as well.

SCR67.BMP

An area was cleared behind the Backlot area in July of 1972.

SCR66.BMP

New track pieces have been arriving for the new 1973 attraction, whatever it will be. Well, that's all for this update. Next update: 1973-1974! Comments and criticism appreciated!

NEW FOR 1973: THE JET!!!

The Jet is a Schwarzkopf creation where unlike most coasters, riders spiral up the lift hill instead of going straight up. Then they will travel through sharp turns and helixes on this twisted course containing 2,600 feet of twisted track. The Jet will begin soaring in May 1973!

SCR76.BMP

The Jet's layout.

SCR82.BMP

The Jet and it's stats.

SCR84.BMP

The Jet is now OPEN!!!!

SCR83.BMP

Jump to 1974: Nothing new was added in 1974 due to the Jet opening the previous year. However it was announced that Fun House will be removed fom the park due to unpopularity and to make way for a new attraction. RIP Fun House (1969-1974).

SCR88.BMP

Mega Dipper is still the most popular ride at the park, even though the Jet opened.

SCR87.BMP

Land was cleared in the area were Fun House once stood.

SCR85.BMP

Track pieces have been ariving for the new 1975 attraction. You guys can speculate all you want. Well, that's all for this update. Next update: 1975-1977! Comments and tips appreciated!

NEW FOR 1975: SHOCKWAVE!

Shockwave is an Arrow Dynamics corkscrew coaster, and it's one of the first in the world. After traveling up a 65 foot lift, riders slowly turn right and drop down a 50 ft drop, and then travel through a large banked curve. Than riders immediately travel through a corkscrew (which contains two inversions), and then another sharp curve, and finally, the riders return to the station.

SCR91.BMP

Overview of Shockwave

SCR92.BMP

One of Shockwave's trains traveling through the corkscrew element.

SCR101.BMP

Shockwave officially opened on May 25, 1975. Just a few days after Knott's corkscrew opened. Even though Shockwave isn't technically the first, the guests still love it!

SCR93.BMP

No new rides were added in 1976, but Dragon Wagon and Vintage cars closed at the end of the season due to mechanical problems.

SCR96.BMP

In 1977 a new bumper boats attraction opened along with a new kiddy coaster

SCR97.BMP

Kiddy Koaster, an Intamin Children's coaster, opened in 1977.

SCR98.BMP

A very large area of land was cleared behind Kiddy Land in 1977.

SCR99.BMP

New track pieces have been showing up. Well that's all for this update! Next update: 1978! Comments and Critiscm appreciated!

Looking good! Only things I have to say are that some of Shockwave's corners don'nt really need to be banked for drops that short, like the drop coming out of the station and the drop after the lift hill. The train wouldn't really be going fast enough for it to be doing any good.

You don't need to take my advice and just make them normal curves. It's an opinion

NEW FOR 1978: THE LOOP

The Loop is a Schwarzkopf looping coaster were riders initially travel through a loop, and than than travel through a series of wicked and wild sharp turns. Than riders travel up a second lift hill only to drop down a swooping drop into a second loop, and than another series of sharp turns before finally reaching the station. The Loop starts looping May 1978.

Note: I am not to happy with the name "The Loop" Any new name suggestions would be great

SCR104.BMP

The Loop's entrance

SCR105.BMP

The Loop's layout.

SCR106.BMP

Train traveling through the first loop.

SCR107.BMP

Train traveling through the second loop.

SCR108.BMP

The Loop is now OPEN!!!

SCR109.BMP

Traveling through the first loop.

SCR110.BMP

Traveling through the sharp turns.

SCR111.BMP

The Loop is getting popular!

SCR113.BMP

The Loop and it's stats.

SCR115.BMP

In 1979 Enterprise was added.

SCR114.BMP

Looks like another coaster is coming in 1980. Well that's all for this update. Next update: 1980-1984! Comments and Criticism appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Man it's been a while. Anyway, here is the update (finally )

SCR117.BMP

In 1980, Wild Mouse was added.

SCR120.BMP

In 1981, NASA Space Ringss opened. EDIT: Dang word filter.

SCR119.BMP

In 1983, Land was cleared for what will be a 1985 attraction.

SCR118.BMP

In 1984, the Jet was closed and was srtipped of paint.

SCR121.BMP

Well this is odd. I've never seen any type of track that looked like this before...

SCR122.BMP

A sign saying "A mystical creature will overcome the Jet in 1985" was placed in front of the entrance. The park is getting a major upgrade next year. Stay tuned.

^ Thanks for the comments! But now.....

New for 1985! Ancient China, A Big Re Theme, and a New Coaster: Green Dragon!

Green Dragon is an Intamin stand up coaster, one of the first in the world. Riders will travel up a 70 ft lift than zoom down in to a loop, and than travel through a series of intense hills and helixes, all while standing up!

The Jet isn't going anywhere. Instead, to fit in the Ancient China theme, it will now be called Bashe, named after a powerful snake that ate elephants in Chinese Mythology.

Pharoah's Fury is being removed from the park to make way for a new attraction

Yang River Rocker is our new swinging ship ride to be placed in the new Ancient China section.

Another new themed section: Farmland will be placed next to Ancient China, near the Loop's entrance

The Loop will now be called Tornado

Enough talking, time for pictures!

SCR123.BMP

Green Dragon's lay out.

SCR130.BMP

The new Farmland themed section

SCR137.BMP

The Jet, or as it is now known, Bashe!

SCR138.BMP

Green Dragon is open!

SCR139.BMP

Green Dragon's helix finale.

SCR140.BMP

Yang River Rocker, the new swinging ship ride.

SCR142.BMP

Overview of the two new themed sections.

SCR133.BMP

Shockwave closed at the end of the 1986 season. However, there was a sign placed in front of the entrance saying "Don't worry, Shockwave will be back."

SCR132.BMP

Looks like the park is getting another coaster in 1987. Stay tuned. Thanks for reading! Comments and criticsm appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

NEW FOR 1987: CYCLONE

Cyclone is an Arrow Dynamics mega looping coaster with 6 inversions: 2 loops, a batwing, and a double corkscrew. It will be one of the fist coasters to feature 6 inversions. It wil open in 1987.

SCR135.BMP

New for 1987: Cyclone!

SCR136.BMP

Shockwave got moved next to Green Dragon

SCR145.BMP

Bashe's supports got new paint.

SCR146.BMP

Cyclone's unique drop

SCR147.BMP

What's in the box? Find out next update! Comments and Criticism appreciated!