TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] My First Coaster - Short Film

My First Coaster

Watch "My First Coaster" Today!

The wait is over! Watch the "My First Coaster" short film below:

"My First Coaster" was filmed entirely with the RCT3 in-game video recorder, so the video is clearer and of higher quality.

The video is also available on Vimeo:

Please share your thoughts of the film after watching! I can only improve if I hear your feedback.

I have been working on this projects for about two months now. Although it's less than 8 minutes in length, I recorded all of the footage with the in-game recorder, so the production time has been much longer than my other machinimas.

"My First Coaster" spans just over two decades and revolves around a father and son's visits to ride a local amusement park's classic wooden coaster.

The film is inspired by a true story. The coaster is based off of an existing coaster, but its identity won't be revealed until the film is released. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you guys.

Stay tuned for more previews leading up to the release.

Edited by coasterdude5

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice coaster and how did you get rid of wooden supports ex(use support cleaner to delete the support's for Moby's Steel Jungle) and cant wait

They're the in-game supports but they've been re-textured. I can't think of the name of the download.

Looks like the Zippin Pippin! Keep it up!

Perhaps!

My First Coaster - Update

"My First Coaster" will be released THIS FRIDAY, February 8, 2013!

My First Coaster is a classic out-and-back layout.

Seen above is the entire layout for the coaster featured in "My First Coaster." It's a smaller coaster, but timid coaster enthusiasts must start somewhere!

Discussion: What was your first coaster? How well do you remember the ride?

My First Coaster Premieres Friday!

The wait is almost over. "My First Coaster" will debut on Friday, February 8, 2013!

Everything seems bigger when you're a kid, and I remember my first coaster appearing much larger when I was a small child.

Continue to share what you remember about your first coaster ride. I'm enjoying reading the responses.

Watch "My First Coaster" Today

The wait is over! Watch the "My First Coaster" short film below:

"My First Coaster" was filmed entirely with the RCT3 in-game video recorder, so the video is clearer and of higher quality.

The video is also available on Vimeo:

Please share your thoughts of the film after watching! I can only improve if I hear your feedback.

Thanks for watching!

The reviews are in!

I think you should watch "My First Coaster," but I'll let those who have already seen the film do the talking:

I have been humbled by the response to say the least. I am glad that so many others have been able to identify with my first coaster experience. I hope that by watching "My First Coaster" you are able to relive your first ride on a roller coaster.

Thank you for the support and continue to share your thoughts about the film. I would appreciate some criticism!

Remember, "My First Coaster" is also available on Vimeo:

Ah, I was wondering why I hadn't seen this on TPR, shoulda checked the games board first!

I will admit, this just about made me cry, and that was before I read similar reports from others.

Now I really want to go ride Zippin Pippin...not that I ever didn't.

You are famous,your on screamscape I saw this morning and also good recreation of Zippin Pippin at Libertyland

I was honored to see that the film was shared on Screamscape!

Ah, I was wondering why I hadn't seen this on TPR, shoulda checked the games board first!

I will admit, this just about made me cry, and that was before I read similar reports from others.

Now I really want to go ride Zippin Pippin...not that I ever didn't.

I'm glad you enjoyed the film. I didn't mean to make people cry, but I'm glad that viewers can identify with the story.

I watched it yesterday and this is an amazing movie. Great job!

Thanks, XYZ!

The Coaster That Inspired "My First Coaster"

"My First Coaster" has been watched nearly 2,000 times since its release on Friday. I have been shocked by the response the film has received. I had no idea how many people would identify with the story.

If you haven't done so already, watch "My First Coaster" below:

"My First Coaster" is also available on Vimeo:

Zippin Pippin, the coaster that inspired "My First Coaster," has a somewhat muddled history. Some reports claim that the wooden coaster originally opened in 1912 at East End Park in Memphis, Tennessee. Other dates of the Zippin Pippin's opening include 1915, 1917, and 1923. The coaster was a product of John A. Miller and included a 70-foot lift hill, a top speed of 40 mph and a total length of 2,865 feet.

The Pippin, as it was originally named, was incorporated into the Libertyland amusement park when it opened in 1976. The coaster then became known as the "Zippin Pippin." It gained notoriety for being Elvis Presley's favorite roller coaster. The Zippin Pippin operated until 2005 when Libertyland closed. It stood dormant for nearly five years before being purchased by Bay Beach Amusement Park in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Unfortunately, due to the poor condition of the structure, no of the original materials were reused when the coaster was rebuilt in 2011. However, the coaster was replicated entirely by The Gravity Group thanks in part to the original plans for the coaster that were sold to Bay Beach Amusement Park.

The coaster opened at Bay Beach Amusement Park in May of 2011 and has been a huge success for the small amusement park. Although nothing remains of the original Zippin Pippin, one of the original cars is on display at Bay Beach Amusement Park, along with other artifacts. Luckily, however, the namesake of the coaster and its legacy will likely live on for many more years thanks to Bay Beach and Green Bay.

The "My First Coaster" version of the Zippin Pippin is somewhat modified due to the limitations of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, however, it's overall layout is very similar.

Thank you again for all of the responses. I have greatly enjoyed reading them.

Download the "My First Coaster" Set + Track

"My First Coaster" has been watched nearly 3,000 times since its release on Friday. The response to the film has been overwhelming, and I want to show a token of my appreciation for the support and feedback. If you haven't seen it yet, watch "My First Coaster" below:

Watch on Vimeo:

I want to offer you the opportunity to download the "My First Coaster" track and set. Keep in mind, this file was built as a "movie set," so it is by no means a complete park.

Download: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/3SKeL8PaRl/

Below are the sets I believe are needed to open the file. This list may not be complete. If you are able to open the file and notice a set that I have left off, please let me know.

Baffie's Stations

All DasMatze Industry Sets

DasMatze's Covers & More

DasMatze's Fence & Railings

ShyGuy's Mainstreet Sets 1-7

Shyguy's Planters

Spice's Trees

Spice's Vegetation Set

Vodhin bush (unsure which set this belongs to)

Vodhin's Benchkit

Vodhin's Light Kit

I also recommend downloading DasMatze's Wooden Support Replacements to achieve the same look as in the film. I ask that you do not share any modifications you make to this file. Please do not reuse the track and claim it to be your own.

Download: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/3SKeL8PaRl/

Please let me know if you encounter any problems. Thank you again for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I wanted to share with you a few leftover stills that I took when I was making "My First Coaster." Please continue to share the film with others. It has already received over 4,000 views on YouTube! I still can't believe the exposure and response it has received. Watch "My First Coaster" below:

The above screen shows the entire "My First Coaster" set.

I originally wanted to have a nighttime sequence in the film, but it didn't make the final cut.

Working on this slice of a park brought me back to my Charleston Gardens days.

Thank you again for your support of the film. Please continue to share your thoughts.

What's next for me?

A few of you have asked what I have planned. I am in the beginning stages of building my next park. My final semester of college is proving to be busier than I originally anticipated. Therefore, I do not expect to begin posting regular updates of my next park until sometime in the spring. It's an exciting concept, and I can't wait to share it with you all.

I am also developing a story for a film for the Halloween season that I'm very excited about. It will be based off of a popular franchise. And that's all I will say for the time being.

• 3 months later...

To celebrate "My First Coaster" receiving 10,000 YouTube views (thanks in part to you!), I am sharing some previously unreleased promo stills of the "Pippin" coaster featured in the film.

You can also watch the film by clicking the links below:

YouTube:

Vimeo:

Take a spin on the new Zippin Pippin below:

Thank you again for your support of this film!

• 2 years later...

My First Coaster Set Re-Released

In honor of National Roller Coaster Day (and because the download link was broken), I am re-releasing the My First Coaster, a short film I made in 2013 that tells the story of a father and son’s visits to ride a local amusement park’s classic wooden coaster.

The film was inspired by a true story — the coaster is based off the Zippin Pippin roller coaster that operated at Libertyland in Memphis, Tennessee. A replica of the coaster now operates at Bay Beach Amusement Park in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Download the film set below. Keep in mind, this file was built as a "movie set," so it is by no means a complete park.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?4njgbfd46z6taub

Below are the sets I believe are needed to open the file. This list may not be complete. If you are able to open the file and notice a set that I have left off, please let me know.

Baffie's Stations

All DasMatze Industry Sets

DasMatze's Covers & More

DasMatze's Fence & Railings

ShyGuy's Mainstreet Sets 1-7

Shyguy's Planters

Spice's Trees

Spice's Vegetation Set

Vodhin bush (unsure which set this belongs to)

Vodhin's Benchkit

Vodhin's Light Kit

I also recommend downloading DasMatze's Wooden Support Replacements to achieve the same look as in the film. I ask that you do not share any modifications you make to this file. Please do not reuse the track and claim it to be your own.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?4njgbfd46z6taub

Please let me know if you encounter any problems. Thank you for your support!