Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Newest coaster / theme park sim, currently in development
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Cj1990 wrote:There has got to be an undo button for this program. I couldn't figure it out the other day when I was messing around with the coaster editor.

From the latest update on the facebook page:

Undo
Finally, we have been working hard to implement community requests while developing the phases. In this update we are starting to roll out Undo. In this next phase you can Undo coaster rail transformation and deletion. We will continue to work hard to fulfill backer requests over the next phases.

We look forward to moving on to phase 8 and appreciate our backers working with us during Early Access.

Newton2 fondles my manhood.

Postby AJClarke0912 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:12 pm

ShodanSteam wrote:there are some impressive videos out there I think you even have some you initials look familiar

Hello! I believe that's actually me you're referring to.

It's been a while since I've logged on these forums so I don't know what's allowed here, but I will say this. The tactics you guys use to advertise this game, in my opinion, are really unnerving. Please stand by your game for what it is, and if it's good, people will come! I simply find it hard to recommend this to my friends with all these strange tactics being disposed. Perhaps some openness in that regard can help you out.

Me and many others would like to see TPS succeed! More competition in the market is never a bad thing, and I do believe Pantera has some ideas to bring to the genre. I still keep an eye out for progress on this title.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby fraroc » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:54 am

AJClarke0912 wrote:
ShodanSteam wrote:there are some impressive videos out there I think you even have some you initials look familiar

Hello! I believe that's actually me you're referring to.

It's been a while since I've logged on these forums so I don't know what's allowed here, but I will say this. The tactics you guys use to advertise this game, in my opinion, are really unnerving. Please stand by your game for what it is, and if it's good, people will come! I simply find it hard to recommend this to my friends with all these strange tactics being disposed. Perhaps some openness in that regard can help you out.

Me and many others would like to see TPS succeed! More competition in the market is never a bad thing, and I do believe Pantera has some ideas to bring to the genre. I still keep an eye out for progress on this title.

When TPS was first announced, the only thing close to it coming out was No Limits 2, which was going to be a full-on amusement park simulator as opposed to just a coaster simulator. It seemed that TPS was going to be the holy grail, the "RCT4" we've all been looking for.

Then, after an entire DECADE of waiting, Atari announces the sequel to RCT3, Roller Coaster Tycoon World. Then Frontier announces Coaster Park Tycoon to compete with RCTW. So it seems that TPS isn't the only new coastersim that's coming out and I personally believe that Atari severely delayed RCTW to make it more realistic and life-like for the sole purpose of competing with TPS, because if you looked at those preview screens in the RCTW topic, there was no way in HELL that could stand a chance against TPS or No Limits 2.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:38 pm

A.J. wrote:
BeckysFootSlave wrote:The Devs of TPS continue their hard work every day and with still listening to the community! Many many community-related things are put in the last update...

Honestly, this whole thing sounds like a press release. If you're really a "normal" player like you say you are, stop just going down the phase features and repeating "it's so easy" and actually show us WHY you think it's so easy to use.

Theme Park Studio will NOT be easy for everyone - much like Sketchup, an application that most 3D artists get their start in, is not easy for everyone either.

I refuse to be a part of Early Access for Theme Park Studio because when I backed them initially I was promised a full retail release over a year ago, WITHOUT having to deal with the middleman that is Steam. I'm not going to touch it until it's fully finished, because I have more important things to worry about at this point in my career. Also, for the record, I AM butthurt about it.

Also, I call shenanigans on this line here -
karmacomposer wrote:...not only is it easier to use, but more powerful, too.

I'd like you to tell me with a straight face that Theme Park Studio is more powerful than NoLimits 2. They may be on close levels to each other overall, fine, but nothing comes close to the accuracy, real-world usage and presentation capabilities of NoLimits 2. I'm coming to you as a person who uses NoLimits 2 in conjunction with other applications to create believable 3D scenes of attractions and parks, and what I have seen of Theme Park Studio doesn't even begin to match the stuff that I can make myself with NoLimits 2's assistance.

I do want to just set a few things straight here -

TPS has been in development a while because indie games take a long time to develop and when you're a very small team with a family, things can sometimes take longer than you expected. That being said, I think TPS has done a VERY good job of keeping the community informed with lots of updates and releases over the course of the development process.

I'm not exactly sure why anyone would be upset over the use of Steam. It makes zero sense to me. It's a way to get more exposure for the product and help with the delivery platform of the game. Why this is even a concern is beyond me.

For those who continue to compare the game to NL I have said from the beginning that I feel the two are VERY different and while there is obvious overlap, I'm not sure they really compete and would have different audiences.

I'd like our forum to support BOTH No Limits and Theme Park Studio and if there is one person that prefers one of the products over the other, that's fine. No need for disparaging comments back and forth to each other.

For over a decade we have seen a lack of products in the theme park/roller coaster sim market, it's been a dry barren desert with not much to choose from. Now there are several products out there and on the horizon. Embrace this. This is by far a better scenario than the past decade.

In short, please be supportive of the developments going on in this genre. The last thing we want is for this genre to dry up again. Thank you.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

^Totally Agree!

I'm so impressed with how incredible everything looks. I loved the picture of the Intamin 1st Generation drop tower in the latest update. I need to make one of those.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Cj1990 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:31 am

Garet wrote:
Cj1990 wrote:There has got to be an undo button for this program. I couldn't figure it out the other day when I was messing around with the coaster editor.

From the latest update on the facebook page:

Undo
Finally, we have been working hard to implement community requests while developing the phases. In this update we are starting to roll out Undo. In this next phase you can Undo coaster rail transformation and deletion. We will continue to work hard to fulfill backer requests over the next phases.

We look forward to moving on to phase 8 and appreciate our backers working with us during Early Access.

Thank you!! I'm not on Facebook so I wouldn't have seen this!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby BotanicalStig » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:23 pm

Phase 7 went live this morning, here's the full announcement: steamcommunity.com/games/254590/announcements/detail/204128231993857453

Here's a coaster I made to showcase a few of the new particle effects, as well as the new partly-cloudy night environment. The new lighting is incredible, and the particle editor is excellent- easy to use and very flexible.

I'm most excited over the performance enhancements. These were just touched on in the announcement, but it makes a huge difference. My biggest parks running ~10 FPS are running smoothly again, really happy with the new improvements.

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:17 pm

^ Good coaster! Reminds me a bit of Junker also.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ShodanSteam » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Here's a few more showing off how great TPS is looking now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwwwEJUHCGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tZ7cCtgrpw

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ShodanSteam » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Sorry had to upload a new version please delete prior post

Theme Park Studio - More than just Rides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOKxuMnZbU

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness