TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The RCT/RCT2 Preview Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello TPR! I don't know if any of you remember me, but I have been on a very long hiatus from RCT2 and this website altogether. I have resumed work on a project of mine and just wanted to share it!

Condor.jpg.4e7a38d275ba9b3becd843c4e44660bb.jpg

Please excuse the crappy edit, I am not a Microsoft Paint expert!

• 1 month later...

Park looks nice. My only suggestion is to add a bit more landscape and terrain (hills, valleys) around the coasters. The edges of the park look nice and the rest of the middle looks almost like a parking lot with all the flat areas. You can keep the coasters "as-is", just put some terrain around the ride and structure areas. Keep up the momentum.

• 4 months later...

So, I don't think I'm ready for my own thread yet, but I'm going to post these pictures here. I have RCT2 and RCT3 projects in mind, but RCT2 is a little bit more easier for me to handle. This is all NCS (However I do use invisible pathways and custom rides)

1.png.ecf8976ec527ee2acd17c4bb1dcf78a7.png

The "entrance centerpiece" which is a gardeny area with statues and a sky tower

2.png.d3f3ac3e19bb3945270a0b03b02105ed.png

The entrance, needs a bit more work, but the theme of this area will be castle, and I kind of like it a bit clustered. I plan on putting a chairlift station to the left.

3.png.1b4850deed8d65d724fbf1d79370bf08.png

Testing a layout. Inspired by wildfire. Subject to change!

• 1 month later...
dmax!!!! I haven't seen you around forever!!!! Granted I'm on NE a lot more than here lately.

But I do have a new screen from a NCSO design I'm working on.

The Amazing Spiderman

This reminds me so much of Harbor Cruise from Inselfieber... which is of course a good thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So um yeah I was playing RCT1 the other day (no expansions ) and I made forest frontiers look somewhat pretty.

Entrance area with junior rollercoaster, ferris wheel and haunted house

Main area including Swinging ship, Twister and main plaza

Hades, a wooden coaster. I really like this one

Two looping coasters and a spiral slide. Also monorail entrance.

Overview of park.

Yes, I know the water levels are weird but I don't care for once.

I like that... the monorail and it's interaction are nice near the entrance (with the steel mini) but it's more blocky towards the back of the park. Try to maintain the same types of ride interactions throughout and it would be much nicer.

I really like the wood coaster too but not necessarily the way it ends with a long straight fence and long straight monorail. Try to blend it in a little better... it's sure to pay off.

I like that... the monorail and it's interaction are nice near the entrance (with the steel mini) but it's more blocky towards the back of the park. Try to maintain the same types of ride interactions throughout and it would be much nicer.

Thanks. I do intend to put another ride in that back corner, and I think I know how to slightly tweak the monorail to make it blend in.

I really like the wood coaster too but not necessarily the way it ends with a long straight fence and long straight monorail. Try to blend it in a little better... it's sure to pay off.

I'm not entirely sure with what you mean by this? Do you mean you don't like how there's just a long fence seperating the woodie from everything else?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
dmax!!!! I haven't seen you around forever!!!!

Well... it is your fault this game has been fired up again after all these years and your fault that my work productivity is down 80%. Thanks!

I still play every now and then!

So do I,

Nice work there, long time no see my old friend.

Been messing around in the first scenario of RCT2. Nothing special and have no desire to do so. Just playing and having a bit of fun... NCS, no wide paths that confuse the guests (once the park is open), no hacking other than clearance issues. Simply my favorite way to play the game. I am trying to keep the look of the original Crazy Castle park when you first open it and just make improvements. The entrance castle is almost as it was. A minor move of one tower 1 square over making it centered, the walls that once held path around the outside of the park now hold a monorail, the empty tower to the right when you enter the park has been slightly redesigned and also now has a function. Just little things here and there to fix the flaws I felt were in the scenarios basic structures.

SCR1.JPG.f6a581f38c24f8db4efa2ae143dc94bc.JPG

The altered entrance to Crazy Castle, centered with a monorail station and viewing tower added. A moat has also been installed all the way around the castle walls with a boat ride layout. Not sure what kind of vehicles will be used yet.

SCR2.JPG.e76fb621ca37289d54cd5ddb0699623b.JPG

Freefall rides now inside the odd little castle structure to the right of the entrance in the original scenario. Food stalls and some super crazy path work are also inside.

SCR3.JPG.fce46f4f50633962c8c94658bc2d8be0.JPG

The structure located in the back of the original park now has a monorail station inside and the stations for the parks first coaster(s). Much work still needs to be done to repair the original building and finish the coaster. Also in the photo are the on-ride photos for the coasters in the next picture. They are located at the end of the launch just before the first hill.

SCR4.JPG.c4bc8784877385424675f2292770b69c.JPG

The first set of inversions on the coaster under construction. This will be a floorless, launched and dueling coaster.

• 1 month later...
Yeah the signs are low but I want them to be. For the road, I think thats because its a diagonal road tile so I can't raise all of the land around it. (I'm using Kong's road tiles)

You need to use Map Object Manipulation in 8Cars to use them properly, essentially, make a land tile that has one of the corners down, and lower the road piece around it. Its kind of complicated, but once you learn how to do execute it, your paths will look much better.