TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

North Augusta Wood Park(RCT3)

Augusta Newspaper May 4,1984:Amusement Park Coming to Local Area

North Augusta Wood Park is now becoming an amusement park.The park,a heavily wooded pine forest that includes a pond,memorial garden,cemetery,and mini railroad ride,has always been owned by the Hays family.Originally the land was bought by the Hays family in 1850,they built a manor,which is now replaced by 1920's style house,and when family members died they made a cemetery.In 1940 the house was owned by Bill and Mary Mays who had four children.When word of the attack on Pearl Harbor came through Bill instantly joined the Army.He was killed in 1944,and when Mary heard this she was very sad and depressed.After the war she ordered a Memorial Garden be built to everyone who died in the war,let local families who had a family member die be buried in the family cemetery,and ordered a mini railway be built because one of Bill's favorite things was trains.The land was now opened to the public,and as years passed by one by one the children moved away,she was alone.Until 1979 when she partnered with a young local businessman to change the park into another one of his husband's passions amusement parks.So it finally developed this year.

Known facts about the park:

-It will still be called North Augusta Wood Park

-The park will have two roller coasters,a carnival style area,and various attractions spread through out.

Here are some pictures of the park at it's current state:Shot0041_A.bmp

Overview of the park,it is very wooded with pine.

Shot0042_A.bmp

Front of the Mays manor.

Shot0043_A.bmp

Back of the manor.

Shot0044_A.bmp

Memorial Garden

Shot0045_A.bmp

The Dolphin Fountain

Shot0046_A.bmp

The Entrance and Exit to the Forest Railway

Shot0047_A.bmp

The Station

Shot0048_A.bmp

The train traveling along the track.

Shot0049_.bmp

The train travels by the lake.

Shot0050_A.bmp

As you can see the train also goes across the path twice.

Shot0051_A.bmp

Here is a view of the cemetery.

Shot0052_A.bmp

Another view of the cemetery

Shot0053_A.bmp

One last final of the overview of the park.

I do think this is a improvement of my previous park.

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the land looks pretty good. I understand that it is a pine forest, but a little variety wouldn't hurt. Also add some terrain, not many plots of land are that flat. Also the "Manor" looks more like a warehouse. If you are using scenery that is in game, I would use the colonial scenery, as that looks most like a manor. Pretty good start, but does need some work.

Couple things I'm seeing here so far:

Vary your tree types and heights a bit more. The game gave you several different heights for a reason. Even though the shaping of the trees varies slightly when you place them, using different heights will make it seem less copy>paste.

This is a forest, terrain shaping is your good friend. Use the terrain editor to your advantage. Make the terrain in your park dyanamic and interesting. It will make the park feel much more natural.

Use a variety of plants and flowers. Use shrubs and bushes along with your flowers. Think of the surrounds as a real garden and then try to use the in game pieces to craft your vision. Don't limit yourself to the game, imagine, then create.

You're better off just building a park instead of focusing on a story. A good story should complement the quality of the park. Instead of trying to develop an in-depth storyline, focus on park building first. Then once you be gotten better at park building, focus on a story.

It's looking good so far, refine the point above and I think you'll do better. Take your time, don't rush. Far too many people rush their parks and 99% of the time they turn out poorly made.

Just to let you know this takes place in Southwest South Carolina which is very flat. Also I remember that all the trees looked virtually the same,but I'll try to get a little variety as the park moves along and grows. Since the owner of the land hasn't touched a lot of the land or trees is why the is a whole lot of variety since it was majorly a large pine forest.The Garden is all the same color because the she knew his favorite colors were yellow,orange,and red.(She made it a completely flower garden.)Thanks for the suggestions and I'll use some of them.

Just to let you know this takes place in Southwest South Carolina which is very flat. Also I remember that all the trees looked virtually the same,but I'll try to get a little variety as the park moves along and grows. Since the owner of the land hasn't touched a lot of the land or trees is why the is a whole lot of variety since it was majorly a large pine forest.The Garden is all the same color because the she knew his favorite colors were yellow,orange,and red.(She made it a completely flower garden.)Thanks for the suggestions and I'll use some of them.

The thing is, no land is perfectly flat...you can have slight fluctuations in terrain.