North Augusta Wood Park(RCT3)

Welcome to North Augusta Wood Park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

North Augusta Wood Park(RCT3)

Postby RCBoilermaker14 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Augusta Newspaper May 4,1984:Amusement Park Coming to Local Area
North Augusta Wood Park is now becoming an amusement park.The park,a heavily wooded pine forest that includes a pond,memorial garden,cemetery,and mini railroad ride,has always been owned by the Hays family.Originally the land was bought by the Hays family in 1850,they built a manor,which is now replaced by 1920's style house,and when family members died they made a cemetery.In 1940 the house was owned by Bill and Mary Mays who had four children.When word of the attack on Pearl Harbor came through Bill instantly joined the Army.He was killed in 1944,and when Mary heard this she was very sad and depressed.After the war she ordered a Memorial Garden be built to everyone who died in the war,let local families who had a family member die be buried in the family cemetery,and ordered a mini railway be built because one of Bill's favorite things was trains.The land was now opened to the public,and as years passed by one by one the children moved away,she was alone.Until 1979 when she partnered with a young local businessman to change the park into another one of his husband's passions amusement parks.So it finally developed this year.
Known facts about the park:
-It will still be called North Augusta Wood Park
-The park will have two roller coasters,a carnival style area,and various attractions spread through out.
Here are some pictures of the park at it's current state:
Shot0041_A.bmp
Overview of the park,it is very wooded with pine.
Viewed 661 times
Shot0042_A.bmp
Front of the Mays manor.
Viewed 661 times
Shot0043_A.bmp
Back of the manor.
Viewed 661 times
Shot0044_A.bmp
Memorial Garden
Viewed 661 times
Shot0045_A.bmp
The Dolphin Fountain
Viewed 661 times
Shot0046_A.bmp
The Entrance and Exit to the Forest Railway
Viewed 661 times
Shot0047_A.bmp
The Station
Viewed 661 times
Shot0048_A.bmp
The train traveling along the track.
Viewed 661 times
Shot0049_.bmp
The train travels by the lake.
Viewed 661 times
Shot0050_A.bmp
As you can see the train also goes across the path twice.
Viewed 661 times
Shot0051_A.bmp
Here is a view of the cemetery.
Viewed 661 times
Shot0052_A.bmp
Another view of the cemetery
Viewed 661 times
Shot0053_A.bmp
One last final of the overview of the park.
Viewed 661 times

I do think this is a improvement of my previous park.
Last edited by A.J. on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm.
Coasters,burgers,and Chuck Norris are awesome.
Coaster Count:11 Wood:2 Steel:5 Other/Hybrid:1 Favorite Coaster:Thunderhead Wood:Thunderhead Steel:Corkscrew(Cedar Point)Other/Hybrid:Gemini
Park Count:2 Favorite Park:Dollywood

Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: North Augusta Wood Park(RCT3)

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:23 am

I think the land looks pretty good. I understand that it is a pine forest, but a little variety wouldn't hurt. Also add some terrain, not many plots of land are that flat. Also the "Manor" looks more like a warehouse. If you are using scenery that is in game, I would use the colonial scenery, as that looks most like a manor. Pretty good start, but does need some work.
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 am

Couple things I'm seeing here so far:

Vary your tree types and heights a bit more. The game gave you several different heights for a reason. Even though the shaping of the trees varies slightly when you place them, using different heights will make it seem less copy>paste.

This is a forest, terrain shaping is your good friend. Use the terrain editor to your advantage. Make the terrain in your park dyanamic and interesting. It will make the park feel much more natural.

Use a variety of plants and flowers. Use shrubs and bushes along with your flowers. Think of the surrounds as a real garden and then try to use the in game pieces to craft your vision. Don't limit yourself to the game, imagine, then create.

You're better off just building a park instead of focusing on a story. A good story should complement the quality of the park. Instead of trying to develop an in-depth storyline, focus on park building first. Then once you be gotten better at park building, focus on a story.

It's looking good so far, refine the point above and I think you'll do better. Take your time, don't rush. Far too many people rush their parks and 99% of the time they turn out poorly made.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby RCBoilermaker14 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 am

Just to let you know this takes place in Southwest South Carolina which is very flat. Also I remember that all the trees looked virtually the same,but I'll try to get a little variety as the park moves along and grows. Since the owner of the land hasn't touched a lot of the land or trees is why the is a whole lot of variety since it was majorly a large pine forest.The Garden is all the same color because the she knew his favorite colors were yellow,orange,and red.(She made it a completely flower garden.)Thanks for the suggestions and I'll use some of them.
Coasters,burgers,and Chuck Norris are awesome.
Coaster Count:11 Wood:2 Steel:5 Other/Hybrid:1 Favorite Coaster:Thunderhead Wood:Thunderhead Steel:Corkscrew(Cedar Point)Other/Hybrid:Gemini
Park Count:2 Favorite Park:Dollywood

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Bryce » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:18 pm

It's a good start but I agree with the above said, especially about the manor and the trees. You need some variety! But, I'm sure it will shape up better once you add some rides.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm

RCBoilermaker14 wrote:Just to let you know this takes place in Southwest South Carolina which is very flat. Also I remember that all the trees looked virtually the same,but I'll try to get a little variety as the park moves along and grows. Since the owner of the land hasn't touched a lot of the land or trees is why the is a whole lot of variety since it was majorly a large pine forest.The Garden is all the same color because the she knew his favorite colors were yellow,orange,and red.(She made it a completely flower garden.)Thanks for the suggestions and I'll use some of them.

The thing is, no land is perfectly flat...you can have slight fluctuations in terrain.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Trains would be built on a berm or flat on the ground. Never be up on a trestle like you have it right now. Too much $$$ to upkeep!

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness