TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Kidron Park

So, after Indian Point Ballpark (keep an eye out for news of it), I've started another NCSO park by the name of Kidron Park. As of now, there is no real theme or objective other than to have fun with building it and make my screens look good. I started this after gaining inspiration from a trip to Busch Gardens Tampa about 1 month ago as well as visiting my home park, SFGadv, last Wednesday. With my leaving tomorrow for England and visit to Thorpe Park, hopefully I will gain some more ideas.

Most of these pics are unfinished but I either posted this now or in 2 weeks so...here's Kidron:

entrance.BMP

Entrance path, ticket buildings, and Main Entrance building

entrance 2.BMP

Same pic, different angle

restaurant.BMP

The restaurant near the entrance, called the Brickhouse

carousel.BMP

Entrance fountains

myombe 1.BMP

Myombe Reserve, just a viewing of gorillas for guests, and a future Rapids ride (where are the names from?)

myombe 2.BMP

myombe 3.BMP

The back portion of Myombe Island where guests walk over the water on rocks along the jungle path (unfinished)

slither 1.BMP

Slither's brake run, queue, and station

slither 2.BMP

Different angle and the only inversion

slither 3.BMP

More of Slither and Treetop Flyer (still have to work on entrance/exit booths)

slither 4.BMP

Slither's turnaround over water, my personal favorite picture, by Myombe's path

slither overview.BMP

Slither's unfinished overview

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good. You should definitely get your own topic at NE too. I only don't like the hedges on the buildings and the lack of colours in places. In the fourth screen, the roof blends with the path in a horrible way.

I'm watching you!

Thanks guys for such positive feedback.

Looking great. I think you should vary up the walls you use in the first three screens. Slither definitely is a win, it looks great.

I'm trying to mix things around with the brick and vary my wall usage in the entrance, I'll post something when I figure something out.

Very good. You should definitely get your own topic at NE too. I only don't like the hedges on the buildings and the lack of colours in places. In the fourth screen, the roof blends with the path in a horrible way.

I'm watching you!

For now, just pics in the "Dump-Place", but I'll get there soon. I knew someone would say something about the hedges, should I keep them? (it was an early attempt to vary the brick wall usage)

The only criticism I can give is that top spin looks extremly out of place, and it sort of ruins Slither's atmosphere. Other than that: WOW. <3

Agreed, I might just change it to a viewing station.

Awesome work man, seriously.

Duo??

Not yet, but possibly on this park in the future?

EDIT: Should I keep the gum-drop bases for the supports of Slither and use the white mint? (or something entirely different?)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

playground.BMP

Playground

playground 2.BMP

more playground, unfinished foliage

slither house.BMP

Removed the Topspin and put in a building

slither house 2.BMP

slither exit.BMP

New exit/photo buildings underneath Slither's inversion

slither bathrooms.BMP

New bathrooms at the end of the section

slither bathrooms 2.BMP

congo.BMP

Congo River Rapids (name likely to change)

congo 2.BMP

Same pic, different angle (bring on the "it's too brown" comments)

I also love the way you used bathrooms as a roof. Also, I am wondering, what is the wild mouse track in the playground supposed to be? It looks like monkey bars, but I never knew monkey bars had turns like that on them.

• 2 months later...

I've done much more work on the park but have not updated here or at NE for a while. These are some older pics that I showed at NE but not here. The first is Cult .45, a basic boomerang. Ignore the supports, I've added a catwalk and changed them to something much better.

boomerang.GIF.6e93c044193a5f2b52a6a10e5b0bda8a.GIF

Cult .45

carousel.GIF.06cd3c154a10b33e1e73269a72c0ff8b.GIF

Old carousel but updated

congo.GIF.636bd12f032776039037dfabf6590bfd.GIF

Congo River Rapids station and queue (this was taken 1 month ago, I finished the area.)

241594186_congo2.GIF.3b84f5e07c2ac88f67390bd8049a525b.GIF

More updated stuff

Yeah, No Custom Scenery Objects, or Non Custom Scenery Objects. It's using the scenery that was made in the game. Not objects, blocks, or walls that people created themselves and downloaded into the game. Just the legit stuff that Infrogames and whoever programed the game put in. Chris Sawyer and all those people.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...