[RCT3] Crystal Arcade 1970 - 31st September (Last Day)

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

[RCT3] Crystal Arcade 1970 - 31st September (Last Day)

Postby jakecallan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Welcome to the Crystal Arcade Thread!
The story continues....

Have fun reading, Jake =)
Last edited by jakecallan on Tue May 22, 2012 6:20 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Crystal Arcade- 1960 (RCT3)

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm no moderator, but don't post 1 picture and leave us with it.
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Re: Crystal Arcade- 1960 (RCT3)

Postby jakecallan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Ill post this earlier then planned ;) ^
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The DailyPoint 15th March 1960
LOCAL ENTREPRENEUR GIVES US HIS STORY
Hello my name is Bob, Bob Crystal
I am 63 years old and owner of the new Crystal Arcade, I’m sure a lot of you local people would of heard something about it as I have been personally going round door to door dropping a map of the park through letter boxes. For those who don’t know, Crystal Arcade will be a new park opening at the start of this summer, in the little town of Point Lakemount. (entirely fictional town) it will feature several attractions all of which are listed in the map you may have received.

Now for a little about myself, as you know my name is Bob as a young boy I worked in a local steel factory which was owned by my father as you may be able to tell he was a very wealthy man. Working at the factory is where I learnt my trade. 5 years ago and very unfortunately my father passed away at the age of 86! I was his only living relative because of this I inherited all his money and business.

So when I did inherit all of my father’s assets I knew straight away what I wanted to do with it, the first step was to close down the factory. The factory was based on a large area of land with a lot of space behind it so this made for a perfect place to build an amusement park. Of course there were a lot of locals who objected to the idea of the factory closing because the business the factory made for the town was so vital. After a lot of meetings with the town council we came to an agreement, In which I told them what I was planning would be sure to match up to the sort of profits the factory was making and this was how Crystal Arcade was born.

Part 2 of the story will be in tomorrow’s DailyPoint
Last edited by jakecallan on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:21 pm.

key

Re: Crystal Arcade- 1960 (RCT3) LOCAL ENTREPNEUR

Postby funkeymon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Okay, um.. This is really unrealistic. The coaster modern coaster hasn't even gone upside down yet, let alone be launched. Either loose the timeline, or come up with something else.
http://www.m0ntyblue.tumblr.com

I'm here to help with anything you need!

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 pm

I agree, either get ride of your timeline idea as a whole, or build something new. The "knot-lace" coaster looks great, but definitely not 1960's, 70's, or 80's.

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

Postby jakecallan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:53 am

funkeymon wrote:Okay, um.. This is really unrealistic. The coaster modern coaster hasn't even gone upside down yet, let alone be launched. Either loose the timeline, or come up with something else.

I have edited the story line. I know that the steel coaster had not gone upside down yet - the idea is that Bob is very clever and was coming up with all these crazy ideas. If you both feel it was way too unrealistic, then it is probably best that I change the storyline a bit. Thanks for the criticism anyway as it is always useful.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The DailyPoint 16th march 1960
THE 2nd PART OF A LOCAL ENTREPRENEURS STORY!

When we first set to work on building Crystal Arcade in 1956 we had to decide what we were going to do with the factory and its employees, I came up with the solution that a lot of the workers from the factory could help us with building Crystal Arcade. I planned a meeting that welcomed any former employees of Crystals steel, Unfortunately the meeting didn’t go as planned as 75% of employees said that were not willing to work for me and would find jobs elsewhere as of the remaining 25% most of them were young with little experience in the industry and had only agreed to work because as it was there only source of income. Luckily I still had my dad’s right hand man on my side and my best friend who are both highly skilled at what they do.

This is Paul Rose, my dad’s right hand man he’s now 75 and had a good 50 years experience with crystals steel, he started out in the factory and eventually became more involved in the money side of things for the company. He basically became my dads adviser for everything financially for the business and one of the main reasons my dad made so much money. I was delighted when he said he would help as much as he could with my project as he thought it was very exciting and he is a great asset to have.

This is Monty, My best friend, he seems to be able to solve any problem you put in front of him, he once saved my dad on having to fork out money for brand new equipment for the factory as he was able to work out what was wrong and fix it. Again another great asset to the team and I can see a lot of exciting developments with him at the helm.

Back to the construction of the park, first things first was what we were actually going to do with the factory that still occupied a part of the land I had inherited, originally it was suggested that we demolish the whole thing, and we were going to till Monty suggested that part of it be kept, as it could be used for maintenance, storage and new developments. We ended up knocking about ¾ of the factory down leaving us with this building which was more than enough room for a couple of offices, storage and a maintenance department.

The next step was rides, my favorite part of the whole construction process. I and Paul sat at a table for about 7 hours straight discussing what the best approach to take was concerning rides. My original idea was that all are rides would be made by us and built on sight, Paul came up with a much more financial viable approach in the end, which meant we would try to buy unused rides off traveling fairs. At first I protested to idea as I wanted our rides to be new and original, Paul ran up some costs for me and showed me why it was impossible money wise to carry out that plan. Paul had drawn up a shortlist of rides, most fit under the family category he said we should consider buying. In the end I put Paul in charge of what rides we should chose for the park as i thought it would be easier for Paul to do it himself rather than consulting me for every decision he made.

I was still set on being able to make one ride for my park and although Paul strongly urged me not to, I had to decide to go ahead with it. Both me and Monty got to the drawing board and came up with loads of ideas for rides some completely bizarre ideas, I would love to list all the ideas as I’m sure they’d make many of you laugh, maybe another time. After along time of ideas being thrown around I decided we should design a small family coaster as the park at the moment was aimed at families and as it would be out first ride we had ever made I did not want to be too ambitious. Monty agreed and after a couple of months and 5 engineers working round the clock we had built our first working roller coaster, the feeling of seeing your creation come to life was just amazing.

On the other side of things Paul had done amazing jobs managing to find a lot of rides for relatively good prices. When they arrived at our factory we couldn’t wait to construct them and get them running, a lot of time went into fixing them and on numerous occasions we had to employ more workers as 13 of us was not enough to install 5 rides in a couple of months. Now all the rides are in and the park is nearly ready to be opened and I cannot wait!
Last edited by QueerRudie on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 am.

Postby jakecallan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:43 am

Hello my name’s James Cooper;
I am 16 years old and live in the small town of Point Lake Mount.

My ambition in life is to become a world famous journalist for a famous news paper. As you have already heard there is a local theme park opening up in my town called Crystal Arcade. I have always been fascinated by roller coasters so I have decided that I will keep a personal journal to track all the development happening at Crystal Arcade.

3rd June 1960
I decide to take trip down to Crystal Arcade today with my new camera, the park doesn’t open for another month yet but I wanted to try and get some pictures from the outside to show what is going on.
This is the park entrance and token kiosk, looks quite nice.
This looks like this will be the Bumper cars canvas, if you look closely you can also see the train from the coaster.
Crystal Arcade has its own spiral slide.
And lastly a night shot of the entrance, it looks like i got lucky tonight as they were testing all the lights.

Unfortunately i was unable to take many pictures due to the fences and trees obstructing my view. Ill be heading back on the 1st July when park is officially open with hopefully a load of pictures to show everyone.

Signing off, James

Re: Crystal Arcade- 1960 (RCT3) James Cooper's journal

Postby jakecallan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:13 pm

1st July 1960
Today was the opening of Crystal Arcade, as i said i would i went down today to check it all out.
The park preparing for opening.
The parks main midway only spans a couple of meters.
Spiral Slide!
The Dodgems were popular with younger children.
Now was time for my fist ever coaster!
Merry-Go-Round was a very popular choice for all the family.
The Circus was last minute addition, when park officials heard there was a Circus traveling trough town.
Riders brace themselves for the excitement of Coasters hills.
The double wheel dominates Crystal Arcades skyline.
This is a perfect place for a snack when taking a break from all the rides. (For all you nitpickers, i know the billboards don't fit with the timeline).
To finish this update ill show you a picture of my favorite ride of the day! The Ferris Wheel offers great views of both the town and rest of the park.

Signing off, James.

Re: Crystal Arcade- 1960 (RCT3) OPENING DAY!

Postby jakecallan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm

July 28th 1960
Today was one of those few occasions in my life in which i had no work to be getting on with, this means i was able to take a trip to Crystal Arcade!
The park still draws a lot of crowds, which can only be a good thing.
The Double Wheel is definitely one of the more popular rides, waits sometimes span up to 30 minutes!
How i wish i could see what Bob and his team were planing in there.
The Circus brought its own mascot with them, he is a lot of fun before shows.
Ill Finnish with a shot of Coasters track. I also noticed whilst queuing up for Coaster that some sort of construction was taking place behind the Circus.

I plan to take one last trip this summer before the park closes for its winter break, i will also try find out as much as i can about what is happening behind The Circus. My guess is that exciting times lay ahead for Crystal Arcade!
Signing off, James

Re: Crystal Arcade- 1960 (RCT3) whats that behind The Circus

Postby jakecallan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:00 pm

August 3rd 1960
Today i took an unplanned trip to Crystal Arcade, i wanted to see if there was any further developments behind The Circus.
I headed straight down to The Circus to find this??
Dancing pandas? At first i thought it might be some kind of publicity stunt for the new ride, does this mean it will feature pandas?
It was a bit strange, still it was very entertaining.
Security had been called, this must mean this stunt wasn't organized by the park or maybe it was?
The security guard was really struggling to get rid of them.
Whilst in the queue for Spiral Slide i heard screams coming from The Circus!
The pandas had set it alight! The security were quickly evacuating the park.
The last picture i took was from outside the park, rumor has it the pandas were some sort of activist group protesting against the use of animals in The Circus.

Signing off, James

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness