TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wickline Lake [RCT2]

Hello, my name is insanity & I'm new to this website, I'm also logged in at New Element.

anyways, I've started on a park a couple years ago that got erased several times, luckily (I guess) my old computer crashed & I got a new, more reliable one...its on the same map as the work that got deleted, so I consider it my first park.

I'm having some problems posting screens so forgive me if these don't show up

SCR215.BMP

SCR216.BMP

SCR220.BMP

atomic, the park's intamin hypercoaster

SCR224.BMP

atomic's first drop

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to TPR- and what wonderful work!

Feel free to ask any questions you might need to know here- we're all around to help out.

Photos are easy to upload from our site- simply load them into the bottom of the system (Where it says 'post photos or files) and give it a label! Since we're not restricted bandwidth wise, your pics will always be safe here.

I look forward to seeing more of your works- and you might check out the VirtuTPR thread in this forum- your park is MORE than worthy of going in there!

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

Wow, that's great! Especially for your first park.

My only complaint is that I think you merged with the mini-coaster track too early on Atomic. That bunny hop in the last screen looks very out of proportion compared to the large first drop.

That's not completely NCS, I see some roof pieces in there that are CS. But wow, I didn't know you were this good. Great stuff.

the roof pieces are from time twister I think, but i made sure that everything was nsco before i started

They definitely look like Time Twister pieces, so don't worry about it!

EDIT: Actually, tdub may be right...the closest I could find to the scenery in the screens was RLOG01 (Can't put it up here, since it's part of the expansion pack). Maybe I just looked over something though.

or it was wacky worlds... sorry,

its in the dark ages scenery pack i think.

As I think about it, this is gonna take a while

SCR259.BMP

took me almost a full week to hack that topspin :)

AJ says: Don't double post unless there's at least twenty-four hours between posts!

Edited by A.J.

In the first update the second picture, how did you make the fence slope?

There are 3 ways to do it:

1) build the fence on an elevated slope->8cars-> Zero clearance->lower the block of land->Restore Clearance.

2) highlight a block of sloped land to a distinct texture (that you're NOT using anywhere else)-> 8cars-> Map object manipulation-> raise/lower whichever texture you choosed to the desired height-> build the fence on the slope-> lover the land back to the original height with MOM, and change the land texture back to normal. I use this technique.

3) this one is quite tricky & requires no hacks.. raise a square of land sloped completely diagonal to a desired height, build the fence on one of the 2 higher parts of the slope, then lower the BOTTOM corner of the land square. I was experimenting with land techniques & learned this.

That's gorgeous--no need for hastily deletion!

Why haven't you shown this at NE?

here's why

OK I'm gonna need some help with this one...

So lately 8cars V1.21 hasn't been working, and the result is that I cant raise/lower track anymore

and Zero Clearance has never worked in all of my 8cars folders

Which leaves me with a floating invert.

Also, since I cant lower Junior Coaster track into the catwalk in order to make a brace, The woodie track's supports show... which explains the red diagonal walls underneath the catwalk.

Can someone help in adding supports to this? I REALLY want them to be crimson and ride track, not scenery.

thanks!

SCR241.BMP

Can someone help out?

I can't help you there, but I can help you with your NE problem -

Just use tags there, and use the URL of the screenshots you uploaded here. Our server is much more stable than Imageshack!

Edited by A.J.

I can see why you are saying that now, but there are a number of reasons, like how the area is too far away from the rest of the park and it just doesn't fit in with the general theme of the park... perhaps I'll remodel it.

Edit: how do you change the text of yellow text under the topic title?

I think the new area looks pretty good and the woodie seems to have a nice layout from what we've seen. I'd say keep it but please change he cheqeuered ground texture underneath the tables and chairs. It is really jarring and distracting from everythign else in the screen.

Cheers

89James89

Edited by QueerRudie

^ I know, I tried all other land textures but with other textures, the benches look as if they are missing something... all in all, the checkered texture fits best, also I might just release versions with and without the checkered land... It actually does make that big of a difference.

Anyways, I have someone working on Peregrine's (the invert's) supports, so I wont really be able to work on this until I get the file back.

But until then, feel free to comment or ask questions. They are much appreciated.

-Insanity