TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lunaland is a massive "Expert" scenario designed by Lunatim. It starts you off with very, very limited options - none to be exact. I thought it would be cool if I challenged you guys to try this out, I'm in August, Year 2 and this is how far I am:

Give it a try, I'll be posting any progress I make in this thread, so you can too!

Download link:

http://www.lunatim.com/lunaland/2parks/2parks.htm

Scroll down for the download.

You have been warned, this scenario is incredibly challenging, and requires the best strategies to complete. Good luck!

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does certainly look challenging.

Unfortunately, it's not yours. So, I can't let you host it on the Game Exchange. I have added the link for Lunatim's page for those who want to download it.

Thanks for sharing, though!

Yeah guys (and gals), we have to be very careful of posting other people's stuff on the Forum and/or Exchange.

I personally have requested permission from multiple websites to host their files, and have been told not too. We need to honor those requests.

If you want to post a link to a cool scenario run it past one of the mods first.

Thanks!

It does certainly look challenging.

Unfortunately, it's not yours. So, I can't let you host it on the Game Exchange. I have added the link for Lunatim's page for those who want to download it.

Thanks for sharing, though!

Yeah guys (and gals), we have to be very careful of posting other people's stuff on the Forum and/or Exchange.

I personally have requested permission from multiple websites to host their files, and have been told not too. We need to honor those requests.

If you want to post a link to a cool scenario run it past one of the mods first.

Thanks!

Sorry about that, I have long lost the link to the download, (Although AJ found it, thanks!) and I would have totally asked for Lunatim's permission, but unfortunately he isn't around anymore.

Anyway, I'm looking foreward to AJClark's work.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually started this a while ago before I left for vacation. I'll hopefully be posting some pics soon. I actually sat there for a long time and let it slowly make money while I did other things lol. That way, I had enough money to make a monster woodie, which for some reason has "eh" stats. It's stupid because it has no red forces and it has a great layout and pace...it's just lengthy. So, in turn, RCT gives me a red intensity rating that just dips a tad far into Very High. Kinda disappointing...it's like I wasted $30,000. Little late now though.

Well, about that coaster. I redesigned it, but I'm still heartbroken. The old layout was SO awesome, but I guess it was "too awesome" for RCT.

First I'll show pics of the old layout (that apparently fails), and the new layout, which is now reaping in cash as a separate save game. I had closed the park for the new layout as I was constructing it, and then I reopened it with tons of advertising. Now I'm raking in cash! Since the entrance is the best way to make profit (and my park was already kind-of maxed on guests), I did the close/reopen trick. Now I have $50,000!!

First 4 pics are old Gambit, then comes the park with the new Gambit:

SCR10.jpg.81d5ba9b55580596f1ee7ac4c982bac4.jpg

Here is old Gambit. For some reason, the ratings suck! WHY?! There aren't even any red G's!!

SCR9.jpg.3e488d26fa77798c0a5335c832b4c8ca.jpg

View 2

SCR8.jpg.f5b1b973a9a73f105ffd0c86a07d70eb.jpg

View 3

SCR7.jpg.600a9ca4218c28f5fd23964af1a53417.jpg

The block sections were lined up in such a badass way. And the layout was very unique and cool when you saw it up close. I guess the ride was too long for RCT's comfort, so it gave it bad rates. What a b****.

SCR1.jpg.f1e99fa60769136fa9e3182c67f54f36.jpg

The new Gambit with it's attendance resurge technique.

SCR2.jpg.15eb064f3da66c1b666a10aac9f154e8.jpg

Look at the total admissions money now! $$$

SCR3.jpg.f3c26c7231e1c259c061e6c845572c93.jpg

New Gambit's statistics. Why does this rock more than the old one? It's worse! Oh well...

SCR4.jpg.955ebe15c5be671e126fa03548fb1818.jpg

Spiral Hedges was my first "ride". The Maze proved to be a tough addition to start a park! It required so much land! The Scrambler came next, then, stuff.

SCR5.jpg.f9dc06592f20e291303cfbc96ad42753.jpg

My first major roller coaster, Cannonball. It came after my side-friction and my Virginia Reel. Another one of my awesome custom designs.

SCR6.jpg.6f5bfcc364750b7da22d04c182392495.jpg

The Midway breaks into a "T". The other two coasters, Garden Roller (custom) and Texas Tubs are visible.

Update! I have every thrill and gentle ride researched and placed in my park. It's so chaotic! Hopefully I will research the giga coaster, because when I do, I will make a MONSTER one that reaches way out from the park! Nonetheless...pics!

SCR1.jpg.f69fee6ede4d59444b0ce5eadb22a587.jpg

The new overview. Quite a mess.

SCR2.jpg.5bc90853883f427084fa76d6b3c22309.jpg

Gambit has a lot of new neighbors. Pony Tales, Launch Command (custom S&S tower), and the Butterfly-inspired "Leap Frog" coaster hiding behind Texas Tubs.

SCR3.jpg.035c9b8baa4edd34bed11169a89a7f73.jpg

I also have many other new coasters such as the Rotovator and Flying Turns. And some new flats to fill out space.

SCR4.jpg.72eb9753316b7ca2e804b9bca887dd75.jpg

Grimble's Adventure is an extremely large junior ride. Featuring 6 trains, this ride is a long trek through the wooded hills!

SCR5.jpg.c36bbfdddabc7254168bf8485fb84abb.jpg

My newest addition, Storm Rider. Featuring an airtime hill, cobra roll, two interlocking loops, three corkscrews, and many turns, this ride is sure to scramble your brain!

Well, I have deemed this scenario "too much to complete". I have SO many rides, and guess what? Only $500,000 park value. -_- I would basically have to have 4 copies of my Lunaland to beat this scenario. I have made so much...you have no idea. So, pretty soon, I think I'll be stopping work on this. It was fun though!

SCR1.jpg.756a24f180243d99741581a2e50313fc.jpg

New overview. Think of FOUR of these. That's what it takes to win.

SCR2.jpg.bb97acd120e6582d6332a147e68df04c.jpg

Pony Tales has new neighbors (bottom left). Hawksnest, Circulator, and Titan. I guess I was on a "prefab" spree.

SCR3.jpg.ea44126491b82a0f56d18f7e3e428e87.jpg

I put in a revised Lunar Launcher because for some reason, in every game of RCT2 I played, guests just rave for it. Funny thing is, Gambit actually has better stats. Still, this thing always has a queue of 150, and eats up 96 guests per cycle.

SCR4.jpg.0e462aacf817b08f0550d6b60eca776d.jpg

Here is Sky Dive. I just wanted to make some gimmicky freefall machine, not necessarily from B&M. Inspired from Tower of Terror @ Gold Reef City. Really, it's just a huge (and cool) tower that drops you and slings you into a big curve.

SCR5.jpg.b6e0442b44e1cecd79cb0adc4c9ce388.jpg

My last creation, Vindicator. This Intimidator-inspired custom layout cost an estimated $75,000. The excitement rating, from what I remember (I forgot to snap a pic), is around 9.75. Not too shabby for a non-terrain-based giga.

SCR6.jpg.36d9fb10f9b136ced46a852d09f4bc6d.jpg

The queue area is massive. And if you don't think that's massive, that's because you're not seeing all of it...

SCR7.jpg.9dc39bc50f503cac896cd653215f6b00.jpg

As you can see, the queue goes underground and zig-zags throughout ALL of that space. At the time of the photo, the queue was currently holding 550 guests. With TVs on every square of queue, the guests' decision to leave gets postponed right until they board, so it's a rare sight to see someone drop out of the queue.

SCR8.jpg.905c251c1c95ebdfbeabc007fe0697c9.jpg

Still, after dozens of insanely huge rides with massive lines and 3,000+ guests, I am only 1/4 of the way done with this scenario. And that's probably how far I'm going to get. I am just so tired of going on and on with it. It was fun while it lasted though! :)

Wow, you did a great job on the park! I still don't get how you can charge 60 dollars for admission, but still have people come through the gates! I started the park and after building one simply roller coaster, I quit because everything was too damn expensive to build with the land research and the loans and all that. So congratulations on having the patience to play it for 16 years

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...