TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Paradise Gardens [RCT3]

Here is a new Park I am starting as I am putting my old one hold just now. The park was owned by Cedar Fair however is up for sale and The same Company that owns my other park Pleasure Island has bought the park. The park has been in decline since Cedar Fair Ownership they have added 6 rides and 4 have been removed to go to other Cedar Fair Parks, these include a Vekoma Flyer, A Vekoma Slc and a B&M floorless Coaster and a Intamin Drop Tower.

Here are my photos of the last day of operation as a Cedar Fair park, Bear in mind this is the last day of the park and lots of rides have been removed and some put in storage and I am told the Top Spin is due to be relocated as well.

The park has been struggling attendance wise due to the lack of new attractions at the park however hopefully the buy out there will be a new lease of life

When I visited the park today all traces of Cedar fair have gone, they have even removed some of the bins and the Signs for rides. Here is some pictures from the day.

The park has a great suspended coaster

It was made by Arrow however the trains are from Vekoma.

The Parks Signature Coaster, Wild Thing

The Suspended coaster

It's one of the most popular rides on park

The Wild Mouse is rather painful

The suspended coaster operates 3 Trains

You can Still see footers in the lake from the old Flying coaster and in the distance you can see the old base from the enterprise ride

Corkscrew's over 30 years old

The park has a good water ride

And a old arrow log flume

And a Min golf couse

Mystery Mine was added a few years ago

It's a great ride

The kids coaster fun

I don't like Time Bomb, You can also see the foundation from Drop Zone

Invertigo always gets a queue

Here you can see the abandoned Jet star 2 at the back on the park

The Parks stage hasn't been used in a while

They were testing it at ngiht thought

Top Spin is being removed

That is all the photos I took However I hope the park will be better re-opens soon for the part of the main season. I can't wait to see the changes, Hopefully they will be good however I am told to not expect much expect some old Pleasure World Rides and a tidy up, I am also told The Jet may be removed after being closed for 5 years however The Trains are still in the park. I am Also told the park plan on re-Building the kid's area as some of the rides are being left at the park and some have gone to other Cedar Fair Parks.To Confirm There is not plan on re building the Vekoma Flying coaster, Slc or Drop zone as of yet. I am told the park have employed lot's of people to help get the park ready for reopening, I hope to be able to cover the changes that happen to the park.

Please Comment and give Critism, It would be greatly appreciate. By the way this was my first time at custom supporting rides fully so sorry if they look bad.

Edited by Popcorn54

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very nice park- and it does have the feel of a former CF park.

Some of the things I noticed, though:

The colors are a bit muted- I'd freshen them up a bit- I know (in my opinion) that brighter colors tend to 'pop' better- and on some of the larger coasters it would make them stand out.

I like that you've kept the park compact; it makes it feel more special.

I'd also fix the JetStar II- nothing says love like Anton Schwarzkopf.

Thanks!

I am restoring the jet star two and also refurbishing the park to make it look better. The park may expand a little however not by much.

Thanks so much for the feedback, appreciate it a lot.

____________________---

It's been Two weeks since I went to the park and Lot's have changed, A square has been made for tickets before you enter the park. Invertigo is being dismantled, Repainted, having parks changed and being put in the Wild Mouse's old spot, the Wild Mouse is in storage.

Time Bomb has been moved slightly and now built on a lake. The park have removed the fencing off Jet Star, I hope this means something will happen. The park have offered to let me cover the works taking place, I accepted. The Mini Golf has been removed and along with Invertigo the area will be used for a kids area. A enterprise is being added again to the park in the same spot however this ride is from Pleasure Island and was in storage along with some other old rides.

The Park is widening most of the path ways and is replacing them and adding new fences.

Time Bomb

One of the new pathways( fences have not been added yet)

Invertigo being removed

Wild Mouse is gone

The Parks new entrace Plaza

New Paths everywhere

This area still needs attention however the Enterprise has been added.

I am Told The stage is going to be used again.

Overview of some of the new pathways

The New entrace

The new pathways

This area will hold a new Kid's area

And the Jet Star 2 is missing it's fence, I am told the mechanics are working hard to get the Spiral Lift Working again.

Also I have been told by the park to suggest a new Color Scheme for Invertigo as it is being moved to the old Wild Mouse Spot.

Please give comments and feedback as it would be greatly appreciated on how I could Improve

Another Update

The Park is progressing quite well and the park has repainted the paths. More Work has continued on The Jet Star, Still to have a name decided thought. The park have restored 3 out of the 5 trains the park has, two are being used for Spare Parts. The rides getting a new Station Building and transfer track has been placed back. The ride does not need a paint job as it got one last year when the ride was up for sale however wasn't bought.

The Beast wooden coasters now had another set of brakes added so it can run 2 trains and now has a station.

The kid's areas coming along nice however there is a lot of work to do.

Invertigo was fully dismantled and is being repainted In one of the parks promotional images it appears as red and white so I think thats what it may be painted.

Anyway Here is Some Photos!

First Off some Promotional Images, If Anyone here is any good at Photoshop could they make a quick logo out of these, It would be greatly appriciated.

Wild Thing

Work goes on for the New Invertigo Spot

No work around the Top Scan Area

Enterprise looks nice

The Kids play area has been built as part of Adventure Playground in the Valley area of the park (Left side of the park is normaly known as this)

A Disco has been built (It's Second hand and still needs a new coat of paint.

These frog Hoppers were added, They are the models with only one side so 2 were added to increase capacity.

New Path coulors

Invertigo's new Spot, Note Splashdown will be getting a new Station

I have always liked this part of the park

I have heard that Wild Mouse may be going on the Top Spins old site

The Wooden Coasters Station Works

Entrance Area Looks nice

And Finally a picture of the Jet Star 2 Getting some Love, I am Told the Lift Hill is playing up however is Working better than they thought.

Thanks for looking and if Anyone could make me a quick photoshop logo I would be very happy and Appriciative, Thanks!

Comments and Critisim Please

tiger01: Thanks, This is my best park so far so I am Putting a lot of effort into it. Thanks for the Comment!

gci2011: Thanks, I like this park also, I have got some of my Inspiration from your parks. Thanks for the Comment!

paradisecoaster : Thats one thing I need to work on and I have started to sort it. Thanks for the comment !

The Parks new logo made by Coke (Thanks, It looks great!)

The Park has been working hard into returning the park into what it was before it's Cedar Fair days including the return of the entrace Garden, it looks great now. The Park have moved Invertigo and Wild mouse. They have also started working on family shows. The Jet Star 2 has been given a roof however is still awaiting walls. Also Anyone have any Ideas for a new name for the ride?

The Park's new logo is being Implemented around the entrance area.

The stage has been refurbished and work starts on producing a new show.

Supports have emerged for the wild Mouse

The Jet Star 2 is being tested, I like the new roof.

One of the main Problems for the park was the lack of shade in sunny days for queue lines, the park is improving on this as you can see Revolution has got covers.

New Paths have been made near the stage.

The New station Underway for Splashdown

Invertigo Construction Started However parts of the ride are still being painted.

A new Garden on Invertigo's old site, It looks very Nice and will hopefully make a good Photo spot.

Comments, Criticism and Suggestions Please

Well I like this park,but I just see a few things I hate so far that I think you should change. I really don't like the random color paths,it unrealistic and doesn't look good. Also I feel that every CF park should have and Drop ride of some sort,so I hope you will put one in the park. I also don't like how everything is being torn down real quick. I hope you don't think I am to harsh or something I am just saying of what I think you should change.

B.A.B : Thanks, I have started to change the color paths to stone paths, The only bit I am not changing is the entrance. The Park previously had a drop ride, and it's been hinted one may appear in the future. Also I realise things are going a little bit to quick but now at my posts I am saying how long it's been since I was at the park. Also you are not being harsh at all, I like reciving this feedback as it is helpful. Thanks for the Comment!

Cole : Thats something I have started to sort out...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

It's Been around about 3 Weeks since I went to the park, It's Looking Great, If you have seen my old park, some of the rides have been re located to this park. The park has now got 2 more rides in the gardens section of the park. These rides are a Breakdance and a Carousel. The Log Flume Has been drained for the winter and also the Tea Cups have been removed.

The Entrace areas been changed slightly

Flashback (Invertigo) contruction has finished, All that's needed now is a station.

I can't say the same for Wild Mouse construction yet.

New paths have been placed

The Gardens area of the park

The Breakdance Looks nice

The Log Flume's been drained

The Carousel

The Tea Cups have been removed, The park have hinted something tall may be going there next year

The Park have started adding lights onto their rides due to the fact that they are opening later now. Work on Top Spin's Lights have started

These Lights were added to the Bridge

This is what its looking like from a distance.

Comments and Critism Please!

Thanks, I am considering a dark ride in future however am not to sure what to build it on yet.

Sorry for not having an update for so long however I have been quite busy. Anyway the park have finsihed restoring the rapids ride and I am now allowed to show you pictures. Work is coming along by the lake to build a nice viewing point and food court and also a old bridge and pathway have been build, linking 2 sections together. I am told at one point a coaster will be built on the lake again.

Also I am told fences are still to be placed.

The New viewing point

An overview of it so far

The Bridge

The Area at night

Theres a lot of trees in this area

Splashdown doesn't look to good

Work on invertigo is nearly finished

The same with Wild Mouse

An oVerview of the refurbished rapids ride

The rides drop

Most of Rocky River Rapids Course

From the viewing point I could get a much better view of Mystery Mines course

Looks like they are building something here, not sure what though

I have always liked this area of the park.

Please comment and suggest, Thanks!

Thanks, I am currently trying to fix that

Thanks for the comment

______________-

I have heard the park will be open next week for previews and most of the rides have been tested and are ready to go.

Here is a newspaper Article I saw of the park

I Am told Corkscrew will not be ready for opening.

Mad Mouse has a new station

It has shops built in as well

A trying to be artistic shot

A new Pathway has been made to the rapids

The SHow is still being worked on.

I went to the behind the scenes to the park maintaince area and worker car park, This area is near the rapids. You can see one of corkscrews trains has been brought from the station to here.

It is also the parks dumping ground

A twister ride has been rebuilt after being in parts for a few years, The park are working on getting it running

The Maintance Building

Inside is corkscrews second train being refubished and painted, The second train hasn't been used in a few years and also there is the mechanics offices although most are now in the main buildings at the entrance.

Looks like the foundations for something

I don't think this ride will run again, It was stored here in the 90's

You can see the Jet Stars 4th Train. Note The Jet Stars real name is treetop Twister

Thanks for looking, Please comment and suggest.

In the Next Update I hope to show you a video and the park opening for previews.

The Park is preparing for previews and I visited one last time before then to see how things were going. Work has gone on quickly, The S&S tower has been finished and is the 2nd tallest ride in park. Also more landscaping and fences have been put up in preparation. Also the park asked me to help film a video for there facebook of the rides testing so I have...

Also Pirate ship looks like it's being removed however I have not been told whats happening.

Here is the Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AyUfHBS1es

Now heres some pictures I took from the park

Revolution Testing

More Fires been added to the Rapids

The park from a distance

The Shot tower structures been complete

I am told this ride may be removed at the end of the season

A new Garden has been placed however benches are still to be placed

The lake

This ride looks nice at night

this was testing

Pirate Ship removal, The sign has started to be removed, I like the workers Humor!

Corkscrews Station is the priority I am told. The paint and new queue will come later. They are trying to get it ready for opening day however it wont be open on preview days.

Please Comment and suggest Thanks.

I like the video! Although I think that the captions lack a bit. E.g. "This was Testing." I think you should detail it a bit more. And also "I am told this ride may be removed at the end of the season" You should be more specific.

Just some suggestions.

Cool vid! This is a really nice park! I think most of us have been spoiled with SFSC. But I do agree with ^ on the captions. Also you could uncheck " Simple terrain textures" it really makes it better.

BTW, Where did You get the suspended coaster on extended track? Could you send me a link? Thanks!

Edited by Legoguy1395

tiger01: Thanks, I need to work on captions a bit, I am like that in TR'S as well. Also at the time I has just spent an Hour taking and Editing video so it took a while

Legoguy1395: I just did that there, it looks better now! I think It may have been from here not to sure, have a look around on the site as thats where I got most CTR's from http://www.coaster-net.com/downloads/11-rct3-objects/

Edit: It's not on that site If you let me know you email (Via Pm) I will send it to you.

ericm95 : Thanks very much, I am working on adding more trees and making the park more garden like. Also the Rocks are from Dazematazes Forest Set from Net on 2

Thanks for the Comments!

The Park opened for previews yesterday and they went quite well. Four rides were down however. The Park have removed Pirate Ship and extended the log flume to be like what it was originally like it used to be before it was shortened. Mack has helped this however the flume is still getting a few bits done before reopening. Corkscrew is in the middle of being re-painted to its original colors and has got a new station and On Ride picture along with a better queue line. Pirate Ship Is sitting in the Maintance Area.

Also in the next update I have been invited to visit one of the traveling fairs that is run by Paradise Amusments co so it should be quite interesting.

The People Start to enter the park for the preview day

This was quite useful to see what rides were closed

Corkscrew area nearly finished the small building is for on ride pictures

This part still needs Paint

I took this on Time Bomb

The Beast is Great at night

The Shows were popular

Pirate Ships Frame was sitting in the scap yard

Park Still looks great at night

The back of the park was quite quiet

The lake on a sunset

Exteneded Part of the Flume, It features an extra drop!

Breakdancer was popular today!

I have never seen the lights work before on the fountains!

PLease comment and suggestions!

Unfortunately I could not visit the traveling fair due to illness the person I was going with said I could use his Two Pictures. I am told The Looping coaster may retire and that is why he wanted me to visit and see it.

Anyway, The park has had quite a little bit of work done including quite a lot of Logos for all the rides and more trees added, Also some of the queues for rides have been re done. The worst part from my trip was to find out the drop tower had to be removed due to many complaints about the noise, It may be rebuilt at the back of the park. Also the Motocoaster is being tested on 2 trains for the first time in a while.

this is the traveling looping coaster that will soon be off the traveling circut, I am told it may wind up at paradise Gardens.

Here is an overview of the fair built on some old industrial site. This is most of the rides that the park owns...

Here are my photos of the last of the preview days

The Rapids has received new signs

Many are enjoying the ride!

The Tilt a Whirl got quite a queue

The same can be said for the Beast

I quite like the Wave Swingers new Sign!

The Bat has gone very retro for it's sign and the sign is the same as One of Cedar Fairs other parks, Kings Island however that ride is now defunct. As you can see it has new screens for orp's

The Log Flume ORP shop is closed just now

In Place of the Drop Tower is a big queue for the log flume, This should prevent the queue going onto the path way

The Log Flume's got some rock theming added

Corkscrews not ready just yet however the Orp system is testing

The Bat has an extended queue that feels much less cramped

Please Comment and criticize

The park is now officialy opened and is now quite busy, nearly all the rides are open however Wild Thing is closed for an overhaul and refubishment.

In this update I will look at the smaller things of the park that are sometimes not shown

The Mad mouse was very busy today

Corkscrew Open

The beast was also very busy today and it was on 2 trains, The park must be doing well!

The Motocoaster

It was my first ride of the day, this was the ride at 10 am

An overview of the ride from Mystery Mine

The Parks rules

The must have made quite a bit of money on ticket sales

The tree chopper sure was busy

The back of the park isn't normaly this busy

Wild things station is due to be demolished

It has already got a new sign though

Log Flume was quite quiet, Probably because of the weather

Wild things paint hasn't changed that much, I am told they have only painted over the red

Log Flume and Corkscrew Operating

Flashback was very busy today!

The park allowing adults to ride the frog hopper but only if they are with their kid's!

Please Comment and Critisize

Just a hint here:

Don't use Photobucket for uploading photos- download a photo resizer, and select your resolution to 800x600 or less-

Photobucket stops allowing us to see your pictures- and thus, nobody is going to be able to view your progress. You CAN however, upload the pics directly from your computer into your thread- and make them permanently part of your park's history.

Thank you,

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team