TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Announcing the TPR Game Exchange!

INTRODUCING THE TPR GAME EXCHANGE!

Are you a fan of No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, or other roller coaster & theme park game simulations?

Then check out the TPR Game Exchange!

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/

Theme Park Review's Game Exchange currently features more than 1,500 files for No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon Series, and Scream Machines!

These files include:

- Track files!

- Park Files!

- Scenery Files!

- MORE!

PLAY GAMES...GET FREE STUFF!

Theme Park Review LOVES games...we do! We love 'em! So to make TPR's Game Exchange even more interesting, we've turned the entire system into one huge game!

For every file you upload, download, or rank...you get POINTS!

Upload a file = 20 points

Download a file = 1 point

Rank a file = 1 point

When you get 500 points, you get a FREE TPR DOWNLOADABLE DVD!

That's right! So TPR's highly ranked DVD series like Roller Coasters in the RAW or Coaster Expedition, can be yours...FREE!

EASE OF USE!

TPR's Game Exchange is EASY to use! Simply log in, click on the file you want to download, and save it to your hard drive! And uploading is even EASIER! You can either upload your file directly through the game exchange, or upload it via the TPR forum using the "Game Exchange" tab in the posting box, and add it just like you would a photo! EASY!!!

CONTESTS!!!

Along with announcing the Game Exchange, TPR would also like to announce our first ever Game Exchange contest! Like I said, we *LOVE* games, and we want to make our exchange a fun, interactive experience for all our members! Check out our first TPR Game Exchange contest here...and once again...you can win FREE STUFF!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58431

HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

TPR's Game Exchange will be as popular as our users make it! Please feel free to use any of the banners or images in this post, and share your parks, rides, and other creations with your Twitter, Facebook, or other website friends! Feel free to post a link to the TPR Game Exchange wherever you'd like!

NOW START PLAYING GAMES!!!

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/

Game Exchange moderating team -

mcjaco

A.J.

djbrcace1234

QueerRudie

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robb, I want to upload one of my rides but they are copyrighted so I need to make sure thats clear to every viewer. What would be your advice?

What do you mean by they are "Copyrighted?" Do you mean like a re-creation or that someone else owns the rights to the actual file you are going to upload? Please explain.

Edited by robbalvey

Robb, I want to upload one of my rides but they are copyrighted so I need to make sure thats clear to every viewer. What would be your advice?

What do you mean by they are "Copyrighted?" Do you mean like a re-creation or that someone else owns the rights to the actual file you are going to upload? Please explain.

I mean that these are my "patent pending" copyright 2011 Coaster-Lab Camiel Bilsen coasters. So my rides can not be stolen without written permission. Can I upload my ride anyway but will it be clear to everyone they are mine an cannot be used unless you contact me on my website. which I cant give the URL of because I don't have 50 posts yet But thanks for the reaction Robb !

Camiel Bilsen

^ WHAT??? Have you honestly, really applied for patents, trademarks, and copyrights on your roller coaster designs???

Otherwise, get real dude, this is the internet. If you don't feel comfortable uploading your tracks with the risk that someone *might* download them and post them somewhere else, which is a risk that we ALL take, including Theme Park Review, then honestly, don't post your tracks to our exchange.

Because what your saying makes zero sense to me, and I am unable to assume liability for your "designs" in the off-chance they will get "stolen." TPR Crap is re-posted all the time across the internet...big freakin' deal...

--Robb "Stolen without written permission! LMAO! Like people write into banks asking for permission before they rob them!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Not to piggyback on Robb's comment but.......

If you've filled out the proper paperwork, by all means forward us a copy, and we'll see what we can do. But coming from a line of family copyright editors, I'm guessing that a creation you made in game produced by someone else, is not copyright eligble. I think you're pulling everyone's chain.

EDIT: And per the Terms of Service, you may put a link to your site in your signature. As long as it's not larger that the ToS states.

Edited by robbalvey

^ WHAT??? Have you honestly, really applied for patents, trademarks, and copyrights on your roller coaster designs???

Otherwise, get real dude, this is the internet. If you don't feel comfortable uploading your tracks with the risk that someone *might* download them and post them somewhere else, which is a risk that we ALL take, including Theme Park Review, then honestly, don't post your tracks to our exchange.

Because what your saying makes zero sense to me, and I am unable to assume liability for your "designs" in the off-chance they will get "stolen." TPR Crap is re-posted all the time across the internet...big freakin' deal...

--Robb "Stolen without written permission! LMAO! Like people write into banks asking for permission before they rob them!" Alvey

well, okay.. Yes I have dedicated my time to design rides professionally and yes I do know people re-post stuff on the internet. Yeah and the stolen without written permission came out wrong. for christ sake I'm sorry. There are a lot of reasons why I apply for patents and I'm on my way becoming a roller coaster designer. Meetings with company's etc.

I'm sorry i wasted your time with this. I feel a little offended to be honest but hey it's a coasterwebsite, not a convention,

btw: thanks for all the credit you give us, like you said, you're basically kissing our asses.

Not to piggyback on Robb's comment but.......

If you've filled out the proper paperwork, by all means forward us a copy, and we'll see what we can do. But coming from a line of family copyright editors, I'm guessing that a creation you made in game produced by someone else, is not copyright eligble. I think you're pulling everyone's chain.

EDIT: And per the Terms of Service, you may put a link to your site in your signature. As long as it's not larger that the ToS states.

I'm not a fraud. All my rides are on my website and they are mine I'd be happy if you'd take a look around on my website when it's updated.

^I have a question, why would you patent a .nltrack file? It's just a game-not an innovation to the industry. And I wouldn't say NL is professional, there is NLPro, however it's not really professional either. It's an idea, yes, but is it really worth patenting?

-my 2 cents.

EDIT: It appears you don't use FVD in any form (Newton2 etc.), am I right?

Edited by mightbeawannabe

There are a lot of reasons why I apply for patents and I'm on my way becoming a roller coaster designer. Meetings with company's etc.

The road to becoming a Roller Coaster designer is a good degree in Engineering and lots of industry experience. Not a bunch of rides made with bezier splines and no structural analysis in an enthusiast's simulator. If you want to make something you can copyright, go get a copy of Matlab, AutoCAD, and Autodesk Revit Architecture, and work from there.

I'm not trying to be a dick... but what your saying really does sound dumb. Coming from someone your age with the same aspirations as you, I get the dream, but NL tracks won't cut for anything other than a display of what something is gonna kinda be like in the industry.

Deleted a post that continued to veer the thread off course.

If you want to post something to the Game Exchange do it. If you have something that you think is intellectual property, an open forum for downloading is probably not your best proposition.

Let's get back to discussing how awesome the Exchange is!

Just an update, RCT and RCT2 Patches, Utilities and Trainers have now been uploaded.

If you know the creator of any of these, please PM me so I can get things entered properly. Right now they're all under dmaxsba2408's name as a default. I want credit where credit is due for everything we upload.

Ok - I just tried to upload my park to the game exchange, but had some problems. It didn't upload under my account, so I didn't get any points for uploading. Also, this means that I can't edit the description to make the link in it live. Also, the link to my thread doesn't work. Is there any way that I or one of you can fix it? Please let me know.

Thanks,

-gci2011

just checking thru some of the DLs in the exchange(GREAT IDEA btw), and found that one of the coasters (artemis)supposedly for RCT3 is in .dat format, instead of .trk. Is that a goof, or is there some way to convert? Still new at adding customs to my RCT3, so I'm just asking