TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How To: Wave Pools for RCT 2

Hello all, many people lately have been asking me about how I made my wave pool, well, by following this guide, (and Dmaxsba's Waterslide Tutorial) you can have a nice, clean, working water park.

So what is needed to make a wave pool?

1. 8cars version 1.32

2. Amazing Earl's Swimming pool

3.Anything else you want to include to make a better look to the wave pool.

If you do not have AE's pool, here it is: AE-SWIM.DAT

*Remember to save before using any hacks or suffer from losing all progress.

STEP 1:

we need to make ourselves a pit for the wave pool, like so. Keep in mind I'm trying to make mine look nice and presentable:

Step1.jpg.2a1f6e5b9e6acc3dc34db5b6310b2b27.jpg

STEP 2:

Now to get the water over my diagonal pieces. To do this we have to use 8 cars "Zero" clearance option so the back pieces will be apart of the actual water. This step can be skipped unless you want nice looking sides. After done with zero clearance, make sure to restore them.

It should look something like this to end with:

Step2.jpg.3eef0ceb06f7c1f41796b64d90de7923.jpg

STEP 3:

place the Swimming pool ride on the water like so. ^

STEP 4:

Go into 8cars and find the pool. After that, you MUST change the track type to Crooked House. Click the "make Invisible Tab" on the left hand side, and click okay. For a reference, you can use this screen provided below:

IMG_0509.JPG.4335ccbdb00094c4b2a09c03a9f50d5c.JPG

If done right, it should look like this:

Step4.jpg.65d2efeeb493778709c0f81b7d5cf54f.jpg

Keep in mind this trick makes most rides invisible, but Diagonals cause Error trappers. This trick used here can make many customs flats rides, custom coasters, Etc.

STEP 5:

Well, the principal idea is done. You got rid of the station, but the entrance huts are still there. How do we get rid of that?

First, dig a hole at least 15 feet down, or 3 RCT squares.

Step5.jpg.e30348e2714a5b2af0704ce483d798cb.jpg

Now, paint the land under the huts a different tile color. I'll choose green in this instance.

Step6.jpg.7a12f88e8ea3a62470fc9c67ccdc7653.jpg

Next, we take a typical base block, and place it on the colored tile. Also, place two track pieces under the huts like so. *Make sure the track is part of the same ride, so both pieces are under the same name. Name it Dummy track so we can find it, and delete later on:

Step7-8.jpg.c78b630308cbeb21c54d0874696f7527.jpg

STEP 6:

Next we go into 8 cars agian. Under the Misc. tab, find Map object manipulation and open it.

Follow this screen and press okay:

IMG_0510.JPG.b8352267089d75cb2a67431c8253ffb1.JPG

After pressing okay, go back into the game and it should look something like this:

Step10.jpg.b5c937b5b9830e764c0944383210d0fe.jpg

STEP 7: We now need to go into 8 cars and make the dummy track invisible. This can be done by just pressing the "make invisible tab we did earlier to do this. Also, take a piece of base block and place it under the green massive tile. One below the top.

STEP 8: Go back into 8 cars and go back into Object Manipulation, and lower it back down from the original height. (this being -50 to type in)

If done correctly, it should look like this:

Step12.jpg.900034f16bccaaaf339979f4f1452123.jpg

Raise up the land, and make the quene line, and all should be well.

If you're having troubles making the huts invisible, I recomend checking this topic out as well:

http://www.nedesigns.com/index.php?showtopic=20618&st=0

Happy swiming all.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

When you say in step 7 to place a block underneath the massive green tile, what do you mean. I've been able to make the track invisible and have lowered the land back down, but the huts are still there every time. Could you show a picture of what you do after you make the ride invisible?

If I was to send my park to someone, would you be able to make my huts invisible for the one ride I have in it so far. It's really important I get it done or else the ride is just going to look silly. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer.

• 6 years later...