TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Illum Hills [RCT3]

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
NEW OWNERS GIVE CONSTRUCTION TOUR OF DEFUNCT PARK

Westworth, VA- Members of the press were invited into the defunct Illum Hills park to survey what remains of the once bustling park. Many of the smaller attractions were removed, victims of quick sales to solve the rising debt from operational costs. But even with all the removals, Marquee Attractions spokesmen Ken Brower said that each of the blank areas is slated for some type of new attraction or addition this upcoming season. When asked if a major roller coaster could be coming, Ken declined to comment, stating that the focus is to get the park back in an operational state for opening day.

Both Eagle's Nest and the Wonder Wheel were removed. Eagle's Nest was deemed unfit to operate and scrapped. Wonder Wheel was placed up for sale when the park closed its gates but remains in storage.

Lots of dirt being moved around. Some of the former game tents and arcade have been stripped down and are being remodeled/refurbished

The Jolly Roger pirate ship was sold off to a nice seaside park in New Jersey. Ken Brower stated a new gift shop and park information center are in the works for this site.

5 attractions were removed in total- Eagles Nest, Wonder Wheel, Super Swinger, Jolly Roger, and Spin Cycle.

A new food stand will take over the old arcade building

Kanaloa Rapids didn't even open to the public, it sits unfinished

A lot of space to work with. At least the Rotor made it through! Now can it make it to opening day?

Stay tuned....

Hmm. Very Interesting!

I just read all 29 pages of this park, amazing work. The park had a very strong start complete with a full variety of rides and attractions. I also like how you do an update for your Halloween event. I know that must take a lot of work each season. It does pay off because it makes your park that much interesting and unique. Speaking of which, will the Halloween event return now with the new situation? I'd love to see Horror Hollow return, I was devastated to see it go out in a fire. I really liked that haunt.

Anyways, It's great to see this park back up and running again on the forums. It will be VERY interesting to see this park try and make it back on track with it loosing almost all of it's old rides. I'm very intrigued on how this will turn out. Your park is so well done, It's inspired me to get back into RCT3 again. I'm looking forward to a possible Pioneer restoration, I hope it's not scrapped.

This is going to be good. I think this is the first time that I have seen someone actually take a park that was dormant, literally on a board and figuratively in a storyline and bring it back to life. I think I will also go back and read the other 29 pages.

Year 12 Pre-Opening Update

Crews have worked day and night to bring Illum Hills back to life! A few major changes to the park layout has opened up exciting new possibilities and experiences. Ken Brower, spokesman for Marquee, has said "You won't be disappointed with the changes!"

Here are a few more preview shots, only a short while until guests can pass through the gates again!

The entrance plaza has been restored to its former glory

A manmade lake has been dug and filled in the middle of the park. What's that in the distance?

The new park gift shop , information center, and restaurant has finished all exterior work. Interior still has a lot of work left to be done.

The park has installed CONDOR and added BATTLE BOATS to its amazing lineup! No word on the Wonder Wheel's location

The Rotor survived! It has been moved next to CONDOR. Over in the distance, Plunge still stands!

Marquee has spent a lot of money to finish Kanaloa Rapids and landscape it. They trucked in and planted a lot of bamboo.

Park overview for Year 12. Such a small park has grown so much, and continues to grow! What does the future hold for the park?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey buddy, let's try and troubleshoot...

This park is so nice and I had this happen to me before so I know your frustration.

Did you look in your saved games folder for a .bak file of your park? If you see one in there, delete the .bak from the file and the backup file should be usable. Hopefully this is the case for Illum Hills.

• 1 month later...

Eh, I tried. I have to backtrack to a previous save that was around year 3 for it to work correctly. I think its time to call it.

I have a new park I'm working on but nothing worth showing yet, kind of waiting for RCTW and Planet Coaster to come out. I tried getting into Theme Park Studio but I wasn't feeling it.

For now I'll just lurk, I never felt like I was really that good any way...

• 2 weeks later...