The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

Ask anyone anything about NL or NL2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

Postby Achterjaeger » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:31 am

Hello everyone. I'm new to NoLimits and I'm attempting to make my own coaster. I've used AutoCAD & Sketchup to create terrain that I imported into No Limits as a scene object. See the picture

Now, I'm thinking that when I go to build my coaster, all of the supports/structure will pass through the terrain object. Is there a fast/efficient way I can edit the no limits terrain to match the imported topography?
image.png
Custom Terrain

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby exploudit » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:15 pm

I'm trying to make a coaster (sort of) similar to SkyScream, where the train passes the station several times and with a brake section at the top, it would work like this:

1-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station
2-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train stops at the brake, that launches it fowards
3-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate
4-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station
5-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate
6-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station
7-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and stops at the brake, that launches it backwards
8-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

Something like that... Now, the question is... How the hell I do it?
screenshot-2015-11-01-18-02-32.png
screenshot-2015-11-01-18-12-46.png
screenshot-2015-11-01-18-13-21.png
screenshot-2015-11-01-18-13-49.png

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TB305 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering how to put a custom logo on the front of the train of a B&M Hyper. I have the logo, and I loaded it up under "texture 1" for the zero car of a train on my coaster, but it wasn't even close to being in the correct place.

Basically:
What are the recommended dimensions for any zero car logo?
Where can I import it to the train's zero car, and have it be centered?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby dippindotsguy8 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:15 pm

exploudit wrote:I'm trying to make a coaster (sort of) similar to SkyScream, where the train passes the station several times and with a brake section at the top, it would work like this:

1-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station
2-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train stops at the brake, that launches it fowards
3-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate
4-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station
5-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate
6-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station
7-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and stops at the brake, that launches it backwards
8-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can have a brake segment react differently on different passes (stopping one time, letting it through the next, stopping again, sending it in a different direction).

With regard to the launches, you aren't able to set specific speeds for each pass. You have to set the launch track to the maximum speed you want it to reach, and play around with the acceleration/deceleration rates & number of passes until you get the performance you want. It can be a challenge.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby exploudit » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:59 am

dippindotsguy8 wrote:
exploudit wrote:I'm trying to make a coaster (sort of) similar to SkyScream, where the train passes the station several times and with a brake section at the top, it would work like this:

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can have a brake segment react differently on different passes (stopping one time, letting it through the next, stopping again, sending it in a different direction).

With regard to the launches, you aren't able to set specific speeds for each pass. You have to set the launch track to the maximum speed you want it to reach, and play around with the acceleration/deceleration rates & number of passes until you get the performance you want. It can be a challenge.

Although I wont be able to do this I still really appreciate the advice... Now I'd rather something less complex... Thanks!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the Force Vector tool? NL2 crashes for me every time I click on it and it's getting annoying because I really want to design a good batwing.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:24 am

I'm not sure why, but whenever I try to take a video in Nolimits 2, I only get the sound from the video (No picture). Does anyone know why this may be occuring, and how to fix it?
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:40 pm

GCI Wooden wrote:I'm not sure why, but whenever I try to take a video in Nolimits 2, I only get the sound from the video (No picture). Does anyone know why this may be occuring, and how to fix it?

You need to change the file format in which you're recording in. If it's mov. it'll play in quicktime player, but that's about it. It needs to be recorded in AVI.raw format. That'll allow it to play in almost any media player you want to use. Just a fair warning, if you're using a newer laptop or normal computer, the video will be kinda lagging, starting and stopping continuously if you're recording over 32 fps. If you edit it in windows movie maker, once you save the actual movie, you'll be able to save it in an actual format that will will allow it to play continuously without the starting and stopping. At least, that's what I've experienced so far.

Postby GCI Wooden » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:20 pm

ZeroGravity55 wrote:
GCI Wooden wrote:I'm not sure why, but whenever I try to take a video in Nolimits 2, I only get the sound from the video (No picture). Does anyone know why this may be occuring, and how to fix it?

You need to change the file format in which you're recording in. If it's mov. it'll play in quicktime player, but that's about it. It needs to be recorded in AVI.raw format. That'll allow it to play in almost any media player you want to use. Just a fair warning, if you're using a newer laptop or normal computer, the video will be kinda lagging, starting and stopping continuously if you're recording over 32 fps. If you edit it in windows movie maker, once you save the actual movie, you'll be able to save it in an actual format that will will allow it to play continuously without the starting and stopping. At least, that's what I've experienced so far.

I can't seem to find out how to do that, is it a Pro feature only (I only have standard)?
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:02 pm

GCI Wooden wrote:
ZeroGravity55 wrote:

I can't seem to find out how to do that, is it a Pro feature only (I only have standard)?

I didn't learn about it until I had already purchased pro, so it might be.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness