The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

Ask anyone anything about NL or NL2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:46 pm

How do you smooth out transitions into elements? I'm building a wing coaster and I added a loop but there is a big jerk going into it.
Top 10: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Voyage 3. Millennium Force 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Thunderbird 7. Powder Keg 8. Lightning Run 9. Raging Bull 10. Goliath (SFGAm)
Click here for my trip reports!

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Use this:
Capture.PNG

And then this:
Capture.PNG

The more vertices you place at the point you're smoothing, the more the track will retain its shape while you're smoothing. If you have fewer vertices, the track will change shape more drastically. You just have to play around with it to see how much you want to do before you're satisfied with the result.
~Signature~

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Do you need a MCBR to run 3 trains on a coaster? I tried creating two different brake runs at the end, but whenever I enter "play" mode, the first train stops at the top of the lifthill, the second train is in the station, and the third is stuck in between the two final brake runs.
Top 10: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Voyage 3. Millennium Force 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Thunderbird 7. Powder Keg 8. Lightning Run 9. Raging Bull 10. Goliath (SFGAm)

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Projektion » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:11 pm

It's because the brake trigger for the second of the brake runs is set to early, so it's stopping the train before it fully exits the first brake run. Make sure the brake run is long enough for the whole train to fit on, open up the Brake section settings for the second brake run and click on "Center On Section", that way, the brakes on the won't trigger until the train is in the middle of the second brake run and will have hopefully cleared the first one, letting the other train go over the lift.
Coasters: 83
Favorite Steel: Taron
Favorite Wood: Wodan: Timbur Coaster

My Youtube channel, where I make all sorts of NL2 creations

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Projektion wrote:It's because the brake trigger for the second of the brake runs is set to early, so it's stopping the train before it fully exits the first brake run. Make sure the brake run is long enough for the whole train to fit on, open up the Brake section settings for the second brake run and click on "Center On Section", that way, the brakes on the won't trigger until the train is in the middle of the second brake run and will have hopefully cleared the first one, letting the other train go over the lift.

Thanks!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coasterdude28 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Not sure this is possible.

Is there a way to have a LIM section that only activates for the second time a train passes it? Basically I have an idea I want to try where the train passes a section of track, rolls back and up the previous hill, and then on the way back forward gets a boost from the LIM to make it through the element. Does that make sense and is it possible? Thanks.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby griffonj2022 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:38 pm

I have been trying to record in 1080 HD quality, but for some reason NL2 always gives me an "ERROR" with the statement that my screen size is too small to record in that quality. I have done it before, so why can I not do it now?

Any advice on how to get that great high quality footage that I so desperately desire? Thanks!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sqls15 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:37 pm

So, I tried to import a custom station as a . file and it worked. But a lot of my textures are messing and I cant figure it out. I tried with a .3ds file and it was even worse.. Help?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby RideofSteel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Is anyone else getting extremely low frame rates after updating to Windows 10? Even on the most basic things I can't get more than 10 FPS.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Physical » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Is it possible to specify the stopping point on a lift if a train were to stop to prevent a block violation? On all my coasters if I'm doing block checks the second train always stops on the very crest of the lift, sometimes with half the train hanging over the drop and away from the catwalks/evac platform. I was wondering if there's an easy way to stop the train about 3/4ths up the lift instead.

I worked out a solution where I split the lift into 2 separate lift sections, with one ending roughly 3/4ths of the way up, then extending the block of the second part all the way through to the mid course brake run. Is this the only solution?
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 86, Wood: 26, Total: 112, Parks: 15, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick Afterburn | (Wood) Lightning Rod, El Toro, Wicked Cyclone | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness