TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

I have been trying to record in 1080 HD quality, but for some reason NL2 always gives me an "ERROR" with the statement that my screen size is too small to record in that quality. I have done it before, so why can I not do it now?

Any advice on how to get that great high quality footage that I so desperately desire? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to specify the stopping point on a lift if a train were to stop to prevent a block violation? On all my coasters if I'm doing block checks the second train always stops on the very crest of the lift, sometimes with half the train hanging over the drop and away from the catwalks/evac platform. I was wondering if there's an easy way to stop the train about 3/4ths up the lift instead.

I worked out a solution where I split the lift into 2 separate lift sections, with one ending roughly 3/4ths of the way up, then extending the block of the second part all the way through to the mid course brake run. Is this the only solution?

Hello everyone. I'm new to NoLimits and I'm attempting to make my own coaster. I've used AutoCAD & Sketchup to create terrain that I imported into No Limits as a scene object. See the picture

Now, I'm thinking that when I go to build my coaster, all of the supports/structure will pass through the terrain object. Is there a fast/efficient way I can edit the no limits terrain to match the imported topography?

image.png.cdc235539fc1f858f5765759de5f16ec.png

Custom Terrain

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to make a coaster (sort of) similar to SkyScream, where the train passes the station several times and with a brake section at the top, it would work like this:

1-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

2-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train stops at the brake, that launches it fowards

3-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate

4-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

5-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate

6-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

7-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and stops at the brake, that launches it backwards

8-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

Something like that... Now, the question is... How the hell I do it?

screenshot-2015-11-01-18-02-32.thumb.png.64389b5f303f54c45a88d08a94149505.png

screenshot-2015-11-01-18-12-46.thumb.png.5d956c9e20fcf359911cbef37fd24c89.png

screenshot-2015-11-01-18-13-21.thumb.png.e0fc702240bef7e045384896ba9f3b1b.png

screenshot-2015-11-01-18-13-49.thumb.png.e45c251c37f5c1b3ee4874c939f255e0.png

Hey guys, I was wondering how to put a custom logo on the front of the train of a B&M Hyper. I have the logo, and I loaded it up under "texture 1" for the zero car of a train on my coaster, but it wasn't even close to being in the correct place.

Basically:

What are the recommended dimensions for any zero car logo?

Where can I import it to the train's zero car, and have it be centered?

I'm trying to make a coaster (sort of) similar to SkyScream, where the train passes the station several times and with a brake section at the top, it would work like this:

1-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

2-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train stops at the brake, that launches it fowards

3-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate

4-launch foward at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

5-launch backwards at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and the brake doesn't activate

6-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

7-launch foward at a 62 mph speed, the train goes through the skyloop and stops at the brake, that launches it backwards

8-launch backwards at a 37 mph speed, can't go through the first loop, returns to the station

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can have a brake segment react differently on different passes (stopping one time, letting it through the next, stopping again, sending it in a different direction).

With regard to the launches, you aren't able to set specific speeds for each pass. You have to set the launch track to the maximum speed you want it to reach, and play around with the acceleration/deceleration rates & number of passes until you get the performance you want. It can be a challenge.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can have a brake segment react differently on different passes (stopping one time, letting it through the next, stopping again, sending it in a different direction).

With regard to the launches, you aren't able to set specific speeds for each pass. You have to set the launch track to the maximum speed you want it to reach, and play around with the acceleration/deceleration rates & number of passes until you get the performance you want. It can be a challenge.

Although I wont be able to do this I still really appreciate the advice... Now I'd rather something less complex... Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm not sure why, but whenever I try to take a video in Nolimits 2, I only get the sound from the video (No picture). Does anyone know why this may be occuring, and how to fix it?

You need to change the file format in which you're recording in. If it's mov. it'll play in quicktime player, but that's about it. It needs to be recorded in AVI.raw format. That'll allow it to play in almost any media player you want to use. Just a fair warning, if you're using a newer laptop or normal computer, the video will be kinda lagging, starting and stopping continuously if you're recording over 32 fps. If you edit it in windows movie maker, once you save the actual movie, you'll be able to save it in an actual format that will will allow it to play continuously without the starting and stopping. At least, that's what I've experienced so far.

I'm not sure why, but whenever I try to take a video in Nolimits 2, I only get the sound from the video (No picture). Does anyone know why this may be occuring, and how to fix it?

You need to change the file format in which you're recording in. If it's mov. it'll play in quicktime player, but that's about it. It needs to be recorded in AVI.raw format. That'll allow it to play in almost any media player you want to use. Just a fair warning, if you're using a newer laptop or normal computer, the video will be kinda lagging, starting and stopping continuously if you're recording over 32 fps. If you edit it in windows movie maker, once you save the actual movie, you'll be able to save it in an actual format that will will allow it to play continuously without the starting and stopping. At least, that's what I've experienced so far.

I can't seem to find out how to do that, is it a Pro feature only (I only have standard)?

I can't seem to find out how to do that, is it a Pro feature only (I only have standard)?

I didn't learn about it until I had already purchased pro, so it might be.

Ok . . . . i have been outta the "loop" for some time with nolimits so I decided to download the demo before making the actual purchase. I can honestly say im LOST! I have no idea what im looking at or doing lol. Is there something out here that gives a dummies guide to nolimits?

Thanks! I will be up all night learning now. Quick question . . . can you have reverse sections on the track, backwards sections, using switch backs? Or is that just for entering and exiting the station?

Yes, you can have reverse sections on the track, but it takes some scripting. It took me forever to figure out how to do it. However, there is a simple to use Script Generator available here: http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3345

That might help you out! Be sure to read the "How to" section on how to use it correctly. Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

I am having a serious technical issue with my NL2-Professional and seek some tech support. I have already emailed the NL2 team and we are having a challenge finding a solution.

I currently have Nl2-Professional edition.

I have never had any issues with the program until I installed the latest update-2.2.3.2

*System has been scanned for any virus and ALL device drivers and graphics cards up-to-date.....no other hardware issues detected-all performing well.

Processor: Intel Core i5-650 3.2 GHz

> Ram: 4 GB 64Bit OS (Windows 7)

> Graphics card: ATI Radeon 5450.

> No Limits2-Professional Edition

> **Before the download of the most current/recent NL2 software update I

> have *never* had any issues with the game whatsoever. *Latest download

> version: 2.2.3.2*

> Since the latest update install (I uploaded and installed it 2 times in

> the event something may have not loaded previous update), I can use the

> game in editor mode, but it is only in the /*'PLAY" mode that the game

> freeze*/s....it ranges between 6-10 seconds. I tried other saved coaster

> designs as well and now all of the saved coaster files freeze in PLAY

> mode (no matter what view I am using).

Any tech tips/suggestions to resolve this?

thank-you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to make a sloped roof with angles (made from supports)? I have a shape to my queue building, but I just need to make the actual roof cover

My first coaster ever is frickin amazing, if I do say so myself!

I think it should be named something classic coaster inspired, like "Eagle Fury" or "Comet". Tell me what you think, or if you have a better one (you still have time while I work out the details before the specific theming)

FirstCoasterBlur1.2.thumb.jpg.041426adac7c0d33ff30f5ebf52beff5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody have any good tips on how to make flags? I'm currently in the process of recreating The Legend Reborn at Holiday World with all the modifications GCI is making to the track (the double down and the banking being added to the last 4 turns) and I wanted to put the flags on top of the lift. I really have no experience with 3d modeling, so any tips would be helpful.

• 2 months later...

I was running No Limits 2 in the rain on some coasters, and the coasters seemed to run faster, like they do in real life in the rain. Does anyone know if the weather conditions affect the way the coasters run?

• 2 months later...