• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

#2017IMG_1565.thumb.jpg.a0a882d7841c3d891b8639de51e622b4.jpg

A little preview of what's going to *hopefully* happen in 2016.

Anyone want to take a few roller coaster guesses in the blurry picture? (Except for the ones that I'm letting you view that aren't blurred).

Excited yet?

Edited by ben2008

Sorry for the double-post. Here are more previews just to get you guys pumped up on this next project! Just click on the photos to view the detail.

IMG_1566.thumb.jpg.691f5d8eb843e748d942b6684c10ef31.jpg

Giant Inverted Boomerang next to Rio Bravo River Rapids.

IMG_1567.thumb.jpg.731298f4ea1ec4d191f967ec7142fe26.jpg

Paradise Island area in the water park along with a lazy river and Wahoo Racer.

IMG_1568.thumb.jpg.3817002f013c84951e4bd371fa01a26d.jpg

Centennial Screamer - S&S Triple Shot Towers.

Jeez. How big is that paper you're drawing on? Those lines are fine! Your drawing is incredible! Great perpectives and everything seems on point.

14x17 inches. Thank you! I'm really keeping the detail sharp on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BTW I'm on my way to completing my first coaster ever (working on the tiny details), and I made a quick photo edit as a kind of teaser image!

I'll name it something classic coaster inspired, like "Eagle Fury" or "Comet", if you like these two tell me, and I'm open to hearing any name you would like better too!

FirstCoasterBlur1.2.thumb.jpg.55d2ef5ffac5ef49b3517cfe85c0e05c.jpg

• 9 months later...

2085967466_IAPFuture.thumb.jpg.259d46179af2670473559c6c32f3037c.jpg

Partial Story:

"...we had to sell off the Floorless Coaster, Suspended Looping Coaster and Zierer Tivoli Family Coaster. Those coasters were being sent off to another theme park to premiere in 2010. Although the family coaster was scrapped and replaced for the park later on."

"What was the reason behind it?"

"..."

...to be continued.

What the park looked like 10 years ago.

696383102_IllinoisAdventurePark-5YearsLater.thumb.jpg.23a207b5d957ba06654cbfc592edcac5.jpg

Hope you guys liked this little update. Yes, it's been a while with an artwork update. Busy with life, you know.

Illinois Adventure Park is 10 years old now. Paper is still fragile while doing this update, but nothing bad happened!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is the moment I’ve been waiting for five years…

PROJECT Nu Era make it’s debut a day early and it’s more detailed than it’s predecessor PROJECT 2010. All heavily detailed and free-handed. It is my most anticipated project to date!

Featuring five major roller coasters, all located in different areas around the park, themed to a specific time, place or era. These areas embark resemblance on previous projects and based off of other Six Flags parks. Ride projects include today’s manufacturers from Bolliger & Mabillard, Vekoma, Chance Morgan, Zamperla, Premier Rides, Funtime, Great Coasters International, S&S Power and many more!

The themed areas are the aspect of the park and are breathtaking. The centerpiece which matches the logo, appears to coincide with the Solar Eclipse later in August. Within the centerpiece is a major attraction, dubbed the Centennial Screamer. A 250 foot S&S Triple tower giving thrills and birds-eye views of the surrounding park. Once you are at the centerpiece, let the compass guide you on your next adventure into the Nu Era!

Now live on DeviantArt: http://fav.me/dbfr5h5

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.40101c07ec64723af7da4d2d79720de9.jpg

PROJECT Nu Era

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I created this picture in tribute to Gary Goddard, who developed a lot of amazing theme parks and attractions. As seen in this picture, the man himself is surrounded by some of his work. From Monster Mansion to Jurassic Park, to Spiderman, to T23D. I also included some of his more old and obscure works such as the Conan show that used to be at USH and the mostly forgotten Las Vegas musical EFX.

I recently met Gary at Power Con in L.A. last weekend and was able to show this to him. He liked it so much, he asked me to sign a copy of it for him and give it as a gift. It was one of the best experiences I ever had.

299486965_GGtribute.thumb.png.9f97e76d962aa45c2a5a34ac294e1097.png