Rogue Recon: A Star Wars Coaster

Insanely Themed K'nex Model
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Rogue Recon: A Star Wars Coaster

Postby blk_mamba » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 am

Just recently discovered this thread. This looks amazing. Most of us just use a computer game to simulate what we want to create, but I applaud you for the working on a physical roller coaster. I am enjoying watching you build this ride, and I am very excited to see the finished project.

Can you tell us more about your vision at far as the ride/show elements or are you planning those as you go along?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby chaos » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:54 pm

^^ Optimistically, I hope to have the track portion completed by November. The automation, theming, and other effects will take at least another two months.

^Thanks! I have a general outline for what needs to happen at each ride section, but the details happen as I build.

In order the show scenes will be:
1) Right out of the station - Boba Fett will give you directions.
2) Ferris Wheel lift - you will encounter one of two characters on your way up, depending on whether you're in an Empire train or a Rebel train.
3) Switch track - you will have an encounter with some sort of creature as you switch from moving backwards to moving forwards.
4) Throne room (pre-launch area)- you will see what happened after the Throne Room scene in the Last Jedi
5) Just before launch - Darth Vader encounter

The final scene will take place in the slow turnaround section I just built in this video, before the track drops and twists back to the station.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Looking as amazing as always! :lover:
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby chaos » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks!

Been working on the Ferris Wheel Lift. This is a kind of complicated and slow process, so please bear with me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:03 pm

^ That is FREAKING AMAZING!!! :lover:

So awesome to see you being so creative and thinking outside the box with this project!
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Previous

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness