TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out you can export .stl files from Blender which I believe can be 3D printed. If that's true, since Blender can basically act as a converter for any 3D model file, you can use whatever 3D modelling program you want to 3D print! I can't wait to try this on the 3D Printer at my school, I'll definitely post pictures when I have something done

I am looking for a good section of track to model up to make a desktop model for, just something small. I just finished Fury's lift hill, and am looking for 3 of 4 more to make for myself. Anyone have any suggestions of a famous section of track?

And even then those are still considered the consumer hobby ones. The more industrial ones that I am using (and that I imagine he is using as well) can be upwards of $20,000. I know my school has one that can print in bio-compatible material that was $200,000, and they just got one that was $750,000 that can print in a range of stiffnesses.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

And another one. I figured out a way to take NoLimits track and make a model out of it, which makes things a lot easier. Here's Magnums turnaround (sans scaffolding supports because I haven't figured the best way to do it).

149120346_MagnumRender.PNG.8b4d51c13ce12f4e7a81e49e19534d85.PNG

And another one. I figured out a way to take NoLimits track and make a model out of it, which makes things a lot easier. Here's Magnums turnaround (sans scaffolding supports because I haven't figured the best way to do it).

Ooh nice! Did you use the "no-planks" version of the vekoma mine train track to imitate the chance track? It really is nice how you can customize the trackstyle so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...