WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 165 - Flurry of Fun Christmas Event Media Night!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:29 am

bigboy wrote:
Visionist wrote:So what's stopping Disney from sinking a cool billion into a Marvel World, and finally giving coasterheads a reason to drop their own cool pennies in Disney's pockets? Seriously

As long as we're being serious, the Florida Disney parks are wall-to-wall packed almost year round these days. I think they're doing just fine without pennies from the "coasterheads".

Yeah, "coasterheads" are (at best) very small part of Disney's audience.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Visionist wrote: and finally giving coasterheads a reason to drop their own cool pennies in Disney's pockets? Seriously, I'm planning a Florida to Ohio road trip, as many decent parks and coasters as I can ride, and Disney simply isn't on the agenda, because they only cater to families with small kids as far as I can see. What's stopping them finally taking that step and announcing a new thrill park filled with coasters themed to their industry-crushing Marvel property? Iron Man, a B&M flying coaster, Captain America, a Giga coaster, Black Widow, a Gerstlauer Infinity, I could go on and on...

As a coasterhead, I am very satisfied with Expedition Everest, Rock N Roller Coaster, and Space Mountain. They are intense in their own ways that B&M's simply can't compete with. It's incredible how crazy a backwards helix in complete darkness feels on Everest.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:46 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:As a coasterhead, I am very satisfied with Expedition Everest, Rock N Roller Coaster, and Space Mountain. They are intense in their own ways that B&M's simply can't compete with. It's incredible how crazy a backwards helix in complete darkness feels on Everest.

If you weren't a coaster person or familiar with the layout you'd swear that the indoor spiral is actually a vertical loop. It certainly feels like one.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby cookiex » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Everest's backwards section is insane. All in the dark too.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Zero One » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:13 am

I have new aerial photos from October 21

Star Wars: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-land/gallery/22oct2017-star-wars-galaxy's-edge-construction-from-the-air.htm

Toy Story: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/toy-story-land/gallery/22oct2017-toy-story-land-construction-aerial-views.htm

And here are a few DHS shots from my last trip into the park:

small-5612.jpg
The original doesn't have Mickey

small-5759.jpg
The entire Chinese Theater plaza is still open so you can take pictures and see the handprints

small-5616.jpg
The photo shop is now almost exclusively Magic Bands and Pins

small-5639.jpg
Careful Indy...

small-5646.jpg
I hate to say I told you so.

small-5653.jpg
Flip tricks

small-5684.jpg
Jump!

small-5695.jpg
Some fire is always fun

small-5708.jpg
Stunts

small-5725.jpg
More boom

small-5764.jpg
The new Baseline Tap Room has this cool streetcar mural on the wall outside

small-5765.jpg
It's 3D!

small-5776-2.jpg
Lucky Photo #13 seems a good place to stop. Happy Halloween!
Orlando Theme Park Photographer | Twitter: @cchard | Instagram: @cchardav | Flickr

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:48 am

Screamscape.com (thanks!) just posted an art concept that Disney has released, which finally reveals
what the eatery in Toy Story Land will/might be..... Woody's Lunch Box. Cool idea!
WoodysLunchBox1.jpg
With outdoor seating, too! (o:
Toy-Story-Land_Full_30620.jpg
Where it will sit, close to the Alien Swirling Saucers. Thanks WDWMAGIC.com for the overhead pic.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:35 am

^I see in the concept art picture that it looks like they will be using the same style of fences as in Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Now for me I thought this fence style didn't really work. I understand the concept of what they were trying to achieve, but for me I thought it just looked terrible and had a very cheap look.

Example (not my picture)

Just my opinion of course, and not a major detail, but I hope they're able to make it look better at Hollywood Studios.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 am

I have the feeling they will probably go the same way, with the fencing they did in Paris. Come to think of it,
I'm pretty sure Hong Kong Disneyland did the same thing for fencing, in their TSL. I'll go check here, somewhere....
Toy-Story-Land.jpg
Yes, it does look like the same fencing as in Paris, and what the Studios in getting for their TSL. Pic from the net.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:10 am

Yea HKDL has it all over, but personally, I really liked the Knex look. I thought it was a clever way to fit the theme and the area is already so colorful I thought it worked better than a solid "lego" fence would have.
P1120720.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Having seen it and walked through it all at the Studios (2015), I can honestly say, it didn't matter that much to me, visually. Now there were crowds to be walking through too, so I normally didn't see as much of the fence, as I would if it was much less in numbers. I also noticed, that nobody tried to sit on these fences, being rounded and less width than some normal fencing. So that was possibly, also included with Disney's plans to fence the vegetation etc in. Making the fence..."un-sitable". :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!