WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 160 - Slinky Dog Coaster Train Revealed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 am

^ Great new shots, thanks! I am still wondering though, how they are going to connect the Star Tours attraction to Galaxy's Edge...
...with The Muppets in the middle, LOL! For myself, I still think they could/should convert it (like ToT in DCA) it to a Muppets'
Ride thru Hollywood. On the bus, with the windows papered up ("There was a wee explosion in the bus that knocked them
all out", Dr. Bunsen Honeydew explains) and just the front windshield to see through. Easy!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:53 am

Zero One wrote:Star Wars pictures today from yours truly : http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-land/news/26jul2017-photos---star-wars-galaxys-edge-construction-from-the-air.htm

Disney also announced that the remnants of Streets of America will be turned into an LA bar.

Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? The large building is most likely the battle attraction, but would that be the Millenium Falcon right next to it? The one with two circle foundations? Seems like we're getting something similar to Mission: Space, especially when you consider the desriptions they've released about the ride so far.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Zero One » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:28 am

Yes they two circles (which will eventually be four) is the MF attraction. But it won't be like Mission Space. There will be several MF cabins rotating around the circles but it will be slow and you don't feel it. It's more like a omnimover system combined with a motion simulator base. They'll load one cabin while the rest move slowly around the circle doing their show.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby prospekt88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:11 pm

^Interesting. Where did you get that infro from?

Sounds like a cool concept but it'll be interesting to see how they pull off the effect that you are boarding "the" Millennium Falcon cockpit as opposed to one of many if this is omnimover format.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Great new shots, thanks! I am still wondering though, how they are going to connect the Star Tours attraction to Galaxy's Edge...
...with The Muppets in the middle, LOL! For myself, I still think they could/should convert it (like ToT in DCA) it to a Muppets'
Ride thru Hollywood. On the bus, with the windows papered up ("There was a wee explosion in the bus that knocked them
all out", Dr. Bunsen Honeydew explains) and just the front windshield to see through. Easy!

Simple answer: They aren't. The street leading up to the new land is still going to be themed to buildings on earth. So, Star Tours will apparently not be a part of Galaxy's Edge. Just like in Disneyland, it will simply be a separate Space Port. Like it or not, that's what it seems is going to happen.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:32 am

I took one last trip to ride the great movie ride before it closes in a few weeks.

Here are the pictures.

And here is a video I shot of the entire ride:

https://youtu.be/eAzkKVmSVH4

Enjoy!
IMG_1238.JPG
IMG_1239.JPG
IMG_1240.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG
IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
Last edited by pianojohn on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 am

I wish I could make it down for one last ride but I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm not exactly sad to see the Great Movie Ride go because the new Mickey ride looks awesome, but part of me always though they would update the ride at some point instead of removing it. I always thought it would be cool to add some new scenes from more modern movies with some of the more recent technology, maybe even change the ride system but I guess the park is moving in a different direction entirely.

Also, just a comment about the new mickey ride, the show build for the GMR is huge, any chance the Mickey Ride only occupies part of that space the rest is used later for an additional attraction? Maybe something in the Pixar world since the back of the building backs up to Pixar Place?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trainplane3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:04 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I wish I could make it down for one last ride but I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm not exactly sad to see the Great Movie Ride go because the new Mickey ride looks awesome, but part of me always though they would update the ride at some point instead of removing it. I always thought it would be cool to add some new scenes from more modern movies with some of the more recent technology, maybe even change the ride system but I guess the park is moving in a different direction entirely.

Also, just a comment about the new mickey ride, the show build for the GMR is huge, any chance the Mickey Ride only occupies part of that space the rest is used later for an additional attraction? Maybe something in the Pixar world since the back of the building backs up to Pixar Place?

I believe insiders have said about 85% for the Mickey Ride. Rest is storage.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby prospekt88 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks for sharing those photos. The Great Movie Ride was a great concept and fun ride but it has definitely run its course. I think replacing it with a Mickey ride as a centerpiece to a park themed to Disney's Studios is a perfect concept.

As far as adding a new attraction to Pixar Place as mentioned above, is that alleyway still going to be open to the public after Toy Story and Star Wars open? There won't be any permanent attractions or food services there and it would be the perfect backstage area for Midway Mania and the new Mickey ride so I assumed that's all it would be.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:16 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Here's a pic from the site, for those who (for one reason or another) can't get to the photos...

Wow, I am WAY behind on this thread. I remember seeing concept art of this coaster, but had no idea it was well on the way to completion. Looks great! I'm really excited about the changes Disney is making to Hollywood Studios.

Here's the latest Disney tweet that TPR RT'd showing track completion:
https://twitter.com/WaltDisneyWorld/status/892373178936373248
Cincy -> Chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!