TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm planning a trip to Texas and I have five days worth of parks. I am flying in and out of Dallas...so the question is.....what the heck is the plan for parks?! SFOT, SFFT, Schlitterbahn (which is 1 or 2 days ?!), Seaaworld, maybe houston!? (but proley not)...so if you could please post what i should do! (also keep in mind, i have a 6flags season pass...so more 6-flags means less spending) also please post what i should do if i can goto houston, and what i should do if i cannot

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the schedule we did from our trip last year:

Day 1:

Arrived at DFW (Dallas Fort-Worth Airport) at 5:30am.

Rented our car and headed straight for Houston.

Got to SFAW at 10:00 for opening, spent about 5 hours at the park.

Drove to San Antonio.

Made it to SFFT for the last hour of park opening then checked into our hotel.

Day 2:

SFFT for about 4 hours (The 1 hour the night before made this possible)

Lunch at Carabba's

Drove to New Braunfels, checked into our Hotel and headed for Schlitterbahn.

Spent about 3 hours at Schlitterbahn to do the Blasters.

Day 3:

Schlitterbahn for about 5 hours, both sides of the park. If we hadn't gone the night before we wouldn't have gotten on the Blasters. It was busy.

Left at about 4pm headed for Dallas.

Made it to SFOT for the last hour of park opening (see a trend here?)

Day 4:

SFOT until about 6pm.

Fly Home.

Now, you have 5 days. You could EASILY fit SFFT and SWSA in on the same day. They are within a few miles of each other.

I don't know if you need 2 FULL days at Schlitterbahn. My suggestion is if you are going to spend 2 days anywhere, it should be SFOT.

Don't discount SFAW so quickly, it's not a bad park IMO.

Robb and Elissa are the true experts, so I'm sure they will have more tips for you.

It's possible to spend a full day at all parks, even split time between sfft and sea world. But sea world gets very very crowded, mostly families for the shows, so rides never have outstanding lines. Most I've ever waited with full parking lot was 15mins for Steel Eel. SFFT can and does get packed very quickly, as does Astroworld.

SFFT and SeaWorld are about 20min drive from each other .. SFFT is 4 hours from both SFOT and SFAW and about 30-45mins from Schillterbahn, depending on traffic and construction. Same goes for getting between the 3 major six flags parks. There's major construction on I-10 outside houston in Katy, Major construction on I-35 between SFOT and SFFT and sometimes bottlenecks on I-45 between SFAW and SFOT in Conroe and the Woodlands.

It's pretty easy in 5 days tho.

^Yes.

Unless you (or your family) are the types that have to stop every hour to stretch or get a snack or crap like that! Believe it or not there are people that call an hour drive a 'long drive'. Robb and I will only stop when we have to get gas. We drive to Vegas and Phoenix straight through from LA!

Elissa "the Texas drives are not bad at all!" Alvey

I agree with Elissa, I live in PHX and we usually only stop if the car is running low on gas. My only warning is be cautious of Houston's Traffic, when I was there driving on a friday at about 1 it was hell. Houston in general sucks, but everything else in Texas is very negotiable. Allow enough time for SFOT I'd say at least a day if you want a full experience for the place, cause SFOT really is an awesome six flags with a lot of awesome coasters. SFFT is pretty much a one coaster park for me (Superman) so in reality you probably could do half a day there and half a day at Sea World because the lines at SFFT aren't to bad.

Sure the schedule we did was hectic, but you have an extra day in there. It's totally doable.

I mean, if you want to get the most out of your trip sometimes you have to be hectic.

Heck, when I go to Atlanta next month I'm probably doing some insane 1 day drives.

Atlanta to Wild Adventures back to Atlanta on the same day.

Atlanta to Dollywood back to Atlanta on the same day.

^ No!!

If I do Wild Adventures it will be before Kristi get's there.

If we do Dollywood it would be on Friday if I can get out of the Friday conference stuff, which is a possibility right now.

If I can't get out of it then it's just SFOT on Saturday and no Dollywood.

Gregg " Maybe getting some "Solo" Credits" C.

Elissa "the Texas drives are not bad at all!" Alvey
lol... that may be true, but they need to learn to use offramps and not just drive off the side of the road when they want to get off the freeway.

But yeah, SFOT and SFFT / SFAW aren't that far away from each other. I've gone to SFFT in the morning, gotten on plenty of rides there, and driven back home to SFOT and had about 4 hours left (that included a stop for dinner and a stop at home to shower and everything). Gotta love getting on two different Superman rides in the same day.

Hey I'm doing a very similar trip in July....In/out of Dallas and a trip around the Dallas-Houston-San Ant triangle.

'cept I'm taking 2 weeks to do it and do a bit of "sight-seeing" and a few days on the coast as well! Still plan to have a day at each park (and possibly 2 for SFoT).

Dave "Heck of a drive from Manchester where I live though 8) " M.

well i just checked operating hours for the parks and........all of the parks are going to be closed that week...except the six flags parks and seaworld will be open on sunday (im gonna go to sfot)! so all the other parks will be closed until friday (and thats when we are flying out)

edit: we're flying out saturday! so I could go SFOT the 1st saturday, and if i get enough done: astroworld sunday, and SFFT fri. if i dont get enough done that 1st saturday: ill go back to SFOT on sunday and get SFFT on friday