A week at a Knoebels cottage!

Knoebels, Hershey, Penn's Cave (completed)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: A week at a Knoebels cottage!

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Maybe there's something stuck on or behind the clock, something secret that nobody knows. ;)

Beautiful shots of your cave tour. Although at first, I might find myself a touch nervous
about being in a narrow flatboat, treading c-c-c-cold water, into darkness, even with spotlights etc.

Still, they're beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing them.

Well, we were told that in well over a hundred years of giving tours, they've never had anyone end up in the water...but if the absolute worst does happen...just stand up. The water's only two feet deep for the majority of the cave. That does help somewhat.

It really is beautiful down there! My phone does pretty well in dark shots, for a phone, but it's definitely a "you have to really see it" kind of place. Or at least have pictures taken on a real camera.

Steel Farce wrote:Rai Fox.....do you always hang out with homeless people?!?’v

Not...sure what you're getting at?

larrygator wrote:2) I think people have already been decorating the the cabin with merchandise won at Fascination. I guarantee that clock is a Fascination prize.

Now that you mention it...I'm pretty sure the microwave is the one that you could win in the Fascination parlor, too. ...makes sense.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:36 pm

^ I toured some caves in Japan in 1972, and you're right about photos not doing justice to what you really see.
What I saw was just breathtaking, and the funny part was, I was so overwhelmed by it all, I forgot to take any photos
in the caves! Silly me.

Looking forward to more "Days of Your Tour." :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:44 pm

larrygator wrote:1) Thank you for creating a new thread. If someone can type the words Knoebels and cottage correctly, this will be the only post to show up if they search by topic heading.

Larry. . have you met "people"

the odds of correctly spelling Cottage and Knoebels are about the same as spelling out "I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool"

:p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Rai Fox -- the cave tour looks fantastic, and I had absolutely no idea that was even there!

the next time we plan a trip thru Pennsylvania (and we will do that again in the future), we're gonna do multi days at Knoebels and do the cave too!

wonderful pics.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Unfortunately the decor of the cottage is really just an "old school central Pennsylvania aka Pennsyltucky" thing. Having lived up there my entire life, I've come to learn that some people in the region have almost hick-like appearances and mannerisms but in the end are perfectly decent people. A while ago, my parents and I would often go to this local restaurant where the food was amazing and the hospitality was absolutely wonderful BUT they had taxidermy all over their walls because nearly all of the family members that ran the place and cooked the food were hunters.

Also, it's about time someone actually posted a trip report about Penn's Cave. I've driven past exactly seventeen million "Penn's Cave, See It By Boat" billboards in my life and yet have never gone.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:12 pm

A.J. wrote:"old school central Pennsylvania aka Pennsyltucky"

Yep. "Philadelphia in the east, Pittsburgh in the west, and Alabama in the middle."

I appreciate the photos, too. We thought about renting a cabin last year, too, but Rikki insisted on...camping (*shudder*). Glad to know the cabins aren't much better and know for sure that the best option is a local hotel.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby jynx242 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:16 am

I'm really enjoying this report!

I never knew about the caves in the area. Next time we head up there (and hopefully stay in a cottage,) we'll definitely go check it out.

David

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:30 am

The cabin decor is hilarious. I think Larry's Fascination theory is quite plausible.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:32 am.

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:49 pm

A.J. wrote:Unfortunately the decor of the cottage is really just an "old school central Pennsylvania aka Pennsyltucky" thing. Having lived up there my entire life, I've come to learn that some people in the region have almost hick-like appearances and mannerisms but in the end are perfectly decent people. A while ago, my parents and I would often go to this local restaurant where the food was amazing and the hospitality was absolutely wonderful BUT they had taxidermy all over their walls because nearly all of the family members that ran the place and cooked the food were hunters.

Also, it's about time someone actually posted a trip report about Penn's Cave. I've driven past exactly seventeen million "Penn's Cave, See It By Boat" billboards in my life and yet have never gone.

Yep - I live close enough to the PA border to know that the first day of hunting season is akin to a national holiday.

I can't book vacation during that time because so many of my co-workers slap that first day (and often times the entire week) on the vacation board as soon as the new year rolls around. Well, actually I could because I have team seniority, but I'm not going to be a dick. :lol:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Philrad71 wrote:Yep - I live close enough to the PA border to know that the first day of hunting season is akin to a national holiday.

You'll laugh but in some areas it actually IS a holiday and schools get a day off.

EDIT: Apologies for my digression hijacking your thread...
Last edited by A.J. on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:51 pm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!