Ostentatious East Coast/Midwest 2018 - 7 parks KD, HP, CP...

Part 3: Knoebels - Twister > Phoenix???
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Ostentatious East Coast/Midwest 2018 - 7 parks KD, HP, C

Postby Condor » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Maybe my experience was an anomaly. That or I'll have to just gladly accept being "wrong"on this one. :lol:

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Condor wrote:Maybe my experience was an anomaly. That or I'll have to just gladly accept being "wrong"on this one. :lol:

It just means you have an excuse to return. :br
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Crunchewy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 pm

I love Phoenix, but yeah last year I didn't feel like I was getting as much air as years past. HOWEVER, part of that was definitely that I've, uh, gotten larger in the belly area, and so I'm not as able to fly around. I still love it anyway. Last year I really didn't like Twister much. It was super ROUGH, but I'm anxious to give it another go this year since all the work they did on it in the offseason.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Crunchewy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:20 pm

I like Lightning Racer a lot. I *love* the interaction between the trains. It's my favorite wooden coaster there easily. It's just fun and was smooth (last year at least).

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby AndrewA86 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Condor wrote:

I’m not an ACE member, though I was for a couple of years as a teenager so I could attend Coaster Mania once. And yeah, people joke about ACErs from time to time on here, but in my experience we enthusiasts tend to be pretty similar wherever you go. I’ve met plenty of ACE members (and TPR) on my travels over the years and most of them were just fine. I even ran into several at KD that I’ve had good conversations with at other parks. But there are also ACErs like the guy with a Millennium Force ankle tattoo I met at Six Flags St. Louis, who on learning I was a TPR guy, said, “Not on your life…” then crossed his arms and proceeded to literally do a 180 and face away from me while still standing in the same spot.

[I]

LOL. This kind of brings me back to elementary school when in my school you could only be a Green Day fan or an Offspring fan, but not both, at least publicly. But in JR high it started to come out that everyone, including myself, who was a public fan of one was a closet fan of the other.

So is it really a similar situation with TPR and ACE? And if so, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!