Photo TR: Evergreen Park and White Sand Gate Park (4/5/18)

Two parks in Haikou on China's Holiday Island
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Photo TR: Evergreen Park and White Sand Gate Park (4/5/18)

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:13 am

July 5, 2018: Evergreen Park and White Sand Gate Park in Haikou, Hainan, China

I am spending a couple of days in the city of Haikou on China's holiday island of Hainan. There are a couple of very nice parks in this lovely city.

The first park I visited today was Wanlu Park. Wanlu means Evergreen in English and it is a beautiful park and there are three different areas of rides, but none have a coaster. With that being said, this park is nice for restaurants and entertainment in the evening.

After Wanlu, I want to Baishamen Park. Baishamen means White Sand Gate in English. There are two coasters here and there is a nice beach just to the north of the park. Big Coaster is a loopscrew and I got to ride this one, unlike the three I was turned away from last July for being "too tall" due to retarded park rules. It was a bit rough through the corkscrew. There is also a powered coaster that I rode. It is for families. A jungle mouse is supposed to be here, but I didn't see it. I only saw the foundation for it. This park has a beach area that not to many people visit. If you want to have a beach to yourself or almost all to yourself, this is the place to be. I have now ridden 1146 different coasters.

Hainan is an amazing place. Everywhere I have been in Haikou has been clean and the people have been very friendly. It is probably the nicest place I have visited in China as far as cleanliness, friendly people and decent transportation.
Wanlu Entrance.jpg
I am at Wanlu Park. Wanlu in English is Evergreen.
Wanlu Carousel.jpg
This is a nice park that has some rides, but does not have a coaster.
Wanlu Ferris Wheel.jpg
There is a big Ferris Wheel at Wanlu Park.
White Sand Ferris Wheel.jpg
There is also a giant wheel at White Sand Gate Park.
White Sand Beach In The Water.jpg
There is a beach here. I was in the water when I took this photo.
White Sand Kiddie Coaster 1.jpg
There is a powered coaster here.
White Sand Kiddie Coaster 2.jpg
The kiddie coaster has a name-o.
White Sand Kiddie Coaster 3.jpg
It is a twin helix ride, but a little bit different.
White Sand Jungle Mouse 1.jpg
The jungle mouse has a cloaking device and I couldn't find the entrance, so I gave it a miss.
White Sand Carousel.jpg
I had to get the carousel shot in for this park.
White Sand Coaster 4.jpg
A loopscrew is here.
White Sand Coaster 5.jpg
I got to ride this one. It wasn't like last summer where I was turned away from three of them in about four weeks' time.
White Sand Coaster 6.jpg
It is made in China.
White Sand Coaster 3.jpg
It was a bit rough through the corkscrew. This will finish the TR.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photo TR: Evergreen Park and White Sand Gate Park (4/5/1

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Of all the parks in China I remember visiting with TPR back in 2012, I think I enjoyed
a lot of the landscaping and greenery of the parks, more than the "credits" and
odd rides they offered in a small park, within the main park. Some really amazing parks.

These are other examples, of a bit of a pretty green park...with some rides/credits.

Thanks for sharing your visit, to these ones. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Re: Photo TR: Evergreen Park and White Sand Gate Park (4/5/1

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:50 am

You are correct about the greenery in the parks. This is exactly why I chose to include Evergreen Park in this TR even though it does not have a coaster.

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!