TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Totally different ride day vs night?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better @ Night

The Beast - the original. adventure through the woods

Millennium Force - energy in the station + being super warmed up + already being #1 material during the day = perfection

Iron Rattler - this ride has delevoped a culture around it similar to The Beast or Millennium Force for night rides, at least with locals. the terrain + darkness + seeing the park lights/fireworks sometimes up the lift hill = great times

Whizzer - sensation of speed is this ride's forte and night rides make it better

Titan - not only are there pretty lights to entertain you during the parts of the ride that do nothing (everything but the helices), but the sensation of the life slowly being drained from your body in an endless helix becomes more realistic when there's no light at the end of the tunnel vision

Better @ Day

The only thing that comes to mind is Pandemonium clones and I don't even really know why lol

I totally agree that Beast is WAY better at night. Come to think of it, every major coaster at Kings Island gives fantastic night rides.

A few others that come to mind are GhostRider, X2, and Viper (SFMM). I can't really explain why the latter two are, but I guess every coaster is just more fun at night.

With that being said, I'm not sure I can think of a coaster that is actually better during the day. Some are kinda indifferent where day or night doesn't make a big difference, but I can't imagine why a coaster would be better during the day rather than at night.

...With that being said, I'm not sure I can think of a coaster that is actually better during the day. Some are kinda indifferent where day or night doesn't make a big difference, but I can't imagine why a coaster would be better during the day rather than at night.

Maybe it's just me but I prefer TTD during the day. You get a MUCH better view during the brief slow down at the top of the tower during the day... and during the day you don't eat nearly as many bugs!

The ride formerly known as Air at Alton Towers is a ride that came to mind immediately.

When I first rode it I thought it was a fun ride, although not as intense as I had expected from watching it in the queue. Either way I enjoyed it, and came back to give it a go at night. Riding it at night brought the intensity way up, as the track layout isn't really lit, and you would dive into tunnels and skim the ground meaning you had a constant feeling that you were going to hit something. Night time Air was up there for me with Nemesis, and I am still a little bitter that the ride it now Galactica, but eh I can live with it.

MagnumXL200: No lights in the back of the park and the ride ops usually turn the trims off for the last couple rides of the day making those little hills on the way back even more intense

Voyage: Same reasons people give for beast, dark and running through the forest.

Nearly every ride is better at night, so I'll propose Legend as one that is better during the day. My first ride on it was at night, and it threw me around since I had no idea which way the track was going. I went back the next day and once I could see, I liked it. Makes a big difference knowing where it's going and being able to lean into the turns.

I like nearly every ride more at night, it is usually cool out and I like that more than riding on a hot day. Although I thought Beast at night was over rated - fun but not spectacular (no airtime).

My last coaster ride was Twisted Timbers at night, after a rain storm. Excellent.

One of the few coasters I enjoyed more in the daytime was Wild Eagle at Dollywood. The views added a lot to the experience and there were too many flashes for the cameras at sundown.

The only other negative of night rides is they are usually possible at parks on busier days ...

The Beast is the best example. During the day it’s mostly disappointing. At night, it’s legacy shines.

Other good ones:

Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake Park

Prowler at Worlds of Fun

Everything at Holiday World

Mind Bender at SFOG

Boulder Dash (already amazing in daylight but at night it is crazy)

Lightning Rod

I wish all parks stayed open until midnight regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Space Mountain, way better at night...........

Serious answer though, way back when in the day when Hades was still good night rides on that thing were wild. The tunnel is dark during the day, but an night it was on another level.

Raven and Voyage are also good answers, I particularly remember Raven being really fun at night.

Not a coaster, but the ride that is COMPLETELY different day versus night that always pops up in my mind with this question is the train at Knoebels!

I have to agree 1000% with this. I was taken aback by the darkness of the woods on the Pioneer Train. When I heard rustling in the trees, my mind played tricks on me... thinking perhaps there was some deranged maniac waiting to pounce on the train. Or perhaps it's a giant bear. Or who knows what else it could be. All I know is that the first ride on it can be quite frightening!