Margaritaville Orlando Resort - Now Under Construction

P. 4: Job Fair information released
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Margaritaville Orlando - Water Coaster Installation

Postby ragerunner1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Slide towers are going vertical and slide supports are going up rapidly now that foundations are in place.

The first two pictures are for the racing slides and drop capsule slides.

Last edited by ragerunner1 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:01 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Margaritaville Resort Orlando - $750 million complex

Postby A.J. » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:14 pm

ragerunner1 wrote:I am not sure, but from the plans I have seen of the park I believe the slides and attractions maybe from Whitewater West.

I know you speculated about this months ago but the supports here definitely look like WhiteWater. Specifically that curved one looks like a Boomerango.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Open Up Happiness

Re: Margaritaville Resort Orlando - Update Slide Towers Up

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:32 am

This is not far from where I work and live, so it'll be cool to see this resort continue to grow from the ground up!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Margaritaville Orlando - Update Slides Being Installed

Postby ragerunner1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:39 am

So they have started slide instillation. Things should get a lot more interesting moving forward.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ragerunner1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 am

The master blaster water coaster drop has been installed, the bowl slide structure has been put into place and the racing slide has top off.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:17 am

This property is really interesting to me, I know it was reported that they will allow non resort guest to purchase daily tickets to the water park so I'm anxious to see what kind of pricing structure those tickets have compared to other water parks in the area. I mean the Margaritaville waterpark certainly won't be on the level of Blizzard Beach but for what it is it looks pretty good and depending on how it's priced it could be a really nice option.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ragerunner1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:27 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:This property is really interesting to me, I know it was reported that they will allow non resort guest to purchase daily tickets to the water park so I'm anxious to see what kind of pricing structure those tickets have compared to other water parks in the area. I mean the Margaritaville waterpark certainly won't be on the level of Blizzard Beach but for what it is it looks pretty good and depending on how it's priced it could be a really nice option.

I agree with pricing. I think it will be themed better than some think. I see this park as a more themed version of a Wet N Wild. I know they will have a huge parking lot for the waterpark. So they are banking on a lot of day visitors.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Chiselphane » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:21 am

ragerunner1 wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:
necoastergp wrote:If you can get there in 5 minutes, going through those lights you must be able to teleport lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I stay on that end of town fairly often and actually like that area but the traffic can be a pain. I would guess that when this resort opens From your room to the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot will be a solid 20-30 minutes if nto more depending on traffic.

I live in the area and if you just take the back road behind Chick Fil A you only have to go through one stoplight and can be to Animal Kingdom in 5 minutes. But, you are correct if you are traveling during rush hour or early in the morning when the parks are opening it will take longer.

Just curious since you know the area, how much of a walk would that be?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby necoastergp » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Chiselphane wrote:
ragerunner1 wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:
necoastergp wrote:If you can get there in 5 minutes, going through those lights you must be able to teleport lol.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I stay on that end of town fairly often and actually like that area but the traffic can be a pain. I would guess that when this resort opens From your room to the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot will be a solid 20-30 minutes if nto more depending on traffic.

I live in the area and if you just take the back road behind Chick Fil A you only have to go through one stoplight and can be to Animal Kingdom in 5 minutes. But, you are correct if you are traveling during rush hour or early in the morning when the parks are opening it will take longer.

A really long one.

Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ragerunner1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:18 am

Chiselphane wrote:
ragerunner1 wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:

It not the distance as much as there is no sidewalk most of the way and once you enter Disney property (by Animal Kingdom) their is no pedestrian connection to the park entrance. I have seen people walking it but I wouldn't want to do it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!