Testing out a "Mobile" Forum Theme...

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Testing out a "Mobile" Forum Theme...

Postby wildcatroc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:21 pm

I like this mobile format a lot and it looks terrific with the new theme!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby JG-77 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:00 pm

I agree with everyone about the color scheme, looks great :)

My main suggestions:
-I’d rather have the page navigation buttons on the main viewing area instead of having to press “#.” Perhaps you can have next page and previous page buttons displayed by default and the full page navigation menu under the “#”

-I’d love it if the mobile posting screen was more like the PC version (as in having the smiley menu, the area showing recent posts for reference, and the tags menu). Perhaps these can be in pop-ups like you currently have the page navigation.

-If you could show mini-profile pictures next to posters that’d be great, but I’ve noticed you’ve indicated you don’t care much about the profile pics

Finally, a minor bug I found: I switched to the mobile mode using the board preferences, but the “switch to mobile mode” link still appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Hopefully these comments are useful, overall I do really like mobile mode :b
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:19 pm

JG-77 wrote:-I’d rather have the page navigation buttons on the main viewing area instead of having to press “#.” Perhaps you can have next page and previous page buttons displayed by default and the full page navigation menu under the “#”

Working on adding next/previous, but the rest of the stuff you suggest won't happen.

JG-77 wrote:-I’d love it if the mobile posting screen was more like the PC version (as in having the smiley menu, the area showing recent posts for reference, and the tags menu). Perhaps these can be in pop-ups like you currently have the page navigation.

Won't happen.

JG-77 wrote:-If you could show mini-profile pictures next to posters that’d be great, but I’ve noticed you’ve indicated you don’t care much about the profile pics

Won't happen

JG-77 wrote:Finally, a minor bug I found: I switched to the mobile mode using the board preferences, but the “switch to mobile mode” link still appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Live with it.

JG-77 wrote:Hopefully these comments are useful

Not really. Unless you want to develop a mobile theme yourself for us as implementing all the things you suggested is probably hundreds of dollars and many many hours of work.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:20 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:31 pm

I have really liked being able to access the mobile forum while visiting Michael in the hospital. The internet is a little in and out there, so sometimes the pages may or may not load, but that's not your problem. ;)

Great job so far...and THANK YOU!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:18 pm

The >> and << are great new additions. I felt like I got through reading threads much faster today using those.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Garet wrote:The >> and << are great new additions. I felt like I got through reading threads much faster today using those.

That’s pretty much the last thing I’ve had added to it. So at this point this theme is “done.”
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:15 am.

Postby viking86 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:49 am

So much easier to browse the forums on the mobile now, I love it! Great work! =)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JT325 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Looking and functioning great so far!
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Appreciate the new quote button. Wasn't really a problem to hit the gear and then quote, but hey one tap is better than two. Thanks!
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:57 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Appreciate the new quote button. Wasn't really a problem to hit the gear and then quote, but hey one tap is better than two. Thanks!

It was a pet peeve of mine as it's functionality I use quite often (like right now) so I wanted to make it slightly easier to access.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!