TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am

coasterbill wrote:I love the angle from 0:53 to 1:18. It really shows how insane this thing is.

See, interesting that you mention that. When we filmed Dinoconda in China a few years ago, and then again the S&S Prototype Free Spin, I wanted to mount the camera on a fixed part of the chassis to show off how much the ride spins.

For whatever reason, the parks that have installed these rides don't ever seem to show that off. They always mount the camera to the spinning ride vehicle which just becomes this blur of spinning that it's impossible to really grasp what the ride does. I've always felt a good mix between the two shots really sells the ride.

I don't know if parks just hadn't thought about doing that or people didn't like that angle, but I always wondered why we were the only ones to mount cameras like that to 4D coasters.

Not saying that I know more than the parks when it comes to filming rides, but.... well... let's be honest... most parks are pretty clueless when it comes to filming their own rides! :lol: :lmao: :p

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 am

^Oh, I would totally say you know more than the parks about filming rides!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 am

The Country Bears in Japanese!!!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby pfalcioni » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:43 am

robbalvey wrote:
Not saying that I know more than the parks when it comes to filming rides, but.... well... let's be honest... most parks are pretty clueless when it comes to filming their own rides! :lol: :lmao: :p

If I'm showing ride videos to non-rider friends I always show them TPR vids because you capture the feel of a ride experience better. A great example is the Steel Vengeance official video versus your "hair time" video, the official vid is fine for real coaster nuts, but when I wanted to show my family what it feels like to ride this thing, I showed them Hair Time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 pm

So looks like Six Flags is intentionally neutering their free spins, that footage of Arashi looks insane!!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Here's us having some fun on Bandit at Yomiuriland!

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 pm

^That looks like a really interesting coaster, just a shame it has OTSRs instead of lapbars.
How is it in terms of comfort? It looks like it may have a few jerky moments but not too bad, overall.
Also, great video :)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby pfalcioni » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:04 pm

There's something I've been wondering for awhile about Japanese amusement parks, it seems like smaller parks aren't that concerned with what their rides look like, you see lots of faded paint and rust, which seems sort of counter to Japanese culture which is generally so neat and tidy. Have you ever heard the reasoning behind this, or is it just that these smaller parks aren't making that much money so they focus on maintenance rather than looks?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 pm

rcjp wrote:^That looks like a really interesting coaster, just a shame it has OTSRs instead of lapbars.
How is it in terms of comfort? It looks like it may have a few jerky moments but not too bad, overall.
Also, great video :)

I got a bruise on it that lasted about 3 weeks! It's not terrible, but you really have to brace and be ready for certain spots and unfortunately I was watching out for KT more than myself.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:10 pm

^ Oooh that's nasty :| Hopefully it was worth it haha
But yeah, it's more or less what I supposed.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!