TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 pm

^ as I commented on Twitter (yes! I signed up for Twitter, JUST so I could follow and comment on ThemeParkReview).

"I don't really understand the point of Aquatopia, but it is awesome"

In particular, the get wet version. . . LOL. . surprised they don't have Mickey Mouse with a squirtgun perched on one of the rocks spraying everyone.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:25 pm

I've been waterfalled. Kinda fun in a weird erotic way.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:26 pm

robbalvey wrote:^ “Get Wet Aquatopia” is what it’s called.

Noted. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:29 pm

bert425 wrote:surprised they don't have Mickey Mouse with a squirtgun perched on one of the rocks spraying everyone.

Careful what you wish for! During “Chip N Dale’s Summer Splash” they have the two characters on a boat with a firehose spraying down anyone within reach! lol
5AE8318A-15E8-4C31-90E5-5290EC2A3C88.jpeg
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 pm.

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 pm

^^ HAHAHA. . that's wonderful!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Tokyo Disney is the best way to finish off a great trip.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:39 pm

I do want to address a few Fuji Q points as everyone seems to be throwing a LOT of praise in their direction...

- Yes, we had a really good day but it was not without effort, money, and some decent weather.

- Fujiyama was closed (and we knew it would be as it was scheduled down for the day on their calendar about a month out). We have found that the park is MUCH more manageable on weekdays due to crowds, but something will always be closed on a weekday so this is important to note when you schedule going to the park.

- We paid $12 x three rides for each participant on top of admission to get them a skip the line ticket for the other big three coasters. Even with minimal crowds these tickets were needed to avoid hour plus long lines. Sometimes these skip the line tickets are randomly not offered, sometimes they are sold out before you arrive, and sometimes you can't get them for what you want. They recently started selling them online three days prior to some day visits, but only to people with Japanese Yahoo accounts.

- Yes, operations were MUCH better, but Eejanaika opened with one train, and then put the second train on one hour after opening which was frustrating. Dodonpa has super low capacity, so with the skip the line tickets taking about half of each train and two, eight person trains running...well, you do the math on capacity there.

- Weather ended up mostly in our favor. Weather can really derail this park fast. We did have some wind on our visit which closed flat rides and the suspended junior coaster off and on throughout the day.

- Food was MUCH MUCH improved and their kiosk ordering system was AWESOME!!!

- We had a friend who went two days after we did and had a terrible time. Only one coaster was running, it had a 240min line, and they were not selling the fast pass for it. It was windy he said. That was the FujiQ visit we were used to. I hope that his visit was the anomaly these days and not ours, but we don't have enough visits and statistics to really confirm that the park has indeed turned the corner. I truly hope it has, as we had a great time and will return again soon!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm

^ I was going to ask about those Passes, like the ones you and Robb got for us in 2011 and 2013 trips. Still needed, huh?
Well, after so many of those hour+ queues on most (if not all) of the big rides, even on weekdays, that's not surprising.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Blue Turbo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 pm

HAPPY MARCHING FUN!!!

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:59 pm

SharkTums wrote:I do want to address a few Fuji Q points as everyone seems to be throwing a LOT of praise in their direction...

While I definitely don't have enough data points with personal visits, I'm happy to say I'm 2 for 2 on having good visits in the last year. I'm similarly hoping I didn't just catch the park on unusually good days both times, but I've been pretty happy with both my visits (even if I did run into a few of the snags you mentioned).
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!